Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.13, 04:35 PM   #91
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmine55
oh and my evo can beat an miniz just not an awd there just to good i just got mine in the mail from ************
eeeh....what?
Old 2005.12.13, 04:55 PM   #92
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
... i have 6 xmods 3 evos and 3 gen1s hey i'm not dissing miniz but there too much money ... i like xmods minizs suck
Not dissing Mini-Z's but later in that same post there is the highlighted in lime statement...LOL

Quote:
hey i only spent about 50$ on the gen1s halfoff sale the gen2 i was saving for.
Your totals do not match up. You said you have 3 Gen 1's but only spent $50 on them during the half price sale? Would be aleast $75. But more importanly, why spend the $50 on the Gen 1s? Why not just save up the extra $10 and get the much improved EVO?

Quote:
Mymini z monster broke because sum guy took it out of my bag and steped on it.
Well that has nothing to do with the quality of the MZM, sounds like it was more intentional than anything. And, yes even your EVO would break if you did it to it. Please do not say 'oh i have steped on my and it was fine heck even better after i did'. We already know alot of the weak points of the EVO just from gentile hits against RCP rails. You knuckles would crack. Read Arch2b's review.

Quote:
oh and my evo can beat an miniz just not an awd there just to good i just got mine in the mail from ************
Like I said, the EVO is a great step forward for Xmods. Their weakest link was the controller before and it still is. If you are used to running a Mini-Z, you will notice the minor lag in the controller. As machine said in his post, it is the sticking point for the EVO. If you could use aftermarket controllers with it, it would be darn close to being equal to the Mini-Z's
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.13, 05:04 PM   #93
michvin

I never been to x-mods forum before, but there's some serious wisdom over there!
we, at least, know what we're talking about...

below is copy/paste from there
"
Yeah, give them real disc brakes like the MiniZs have. The fiber disc is in the middle of the axle and pads squeeze it from either side. They could at least have one on the driveshaft to better simulate engine braking.

Um, NOOOO!!!! There are already plenty of gas powered RC cars, like the gas powered MiniZ's for example. Just go to any hobby shop, they even have cool bodies like Skylines and NSX's and all.

You guys seriously got it wrong a "turbo" is a miniz slang term for stacked FETs. NOOBs!!

what is a miniz?

MiniZ's are faster stock, but an Xmod with the right parts can blow the doors off any 'Z. My cousin's got a MiniZ, so I know what I'm talkin' about.

no effense to xmods but minizs r faster trust me i raced my neighbor and that thing flew right by my hooked up skylin

minzs r cool to there r more bodies but not as many performance upgrades xmods r1/3 the price and have more upgrades a website and an overall better group of people ( im pretty sure) xmods r the better deal in my mind so if u think u like minizs more go make a website about em and talk there
"

One more reason to go mini-z, and it's price, considering that you don't hear the above mentioned crap is well justified
Old 2005.12.13, 06:22 PM   #94
machine
learning the hard way

Quote:
i have 6 xmods 3 evos and 3 gen1s hey i'm not dissing miniz but there too much money
Can someone tell me why people buy more than 1 Xmod kit? Seeing as we can only run 1 chassis at a time, why not just buy more bodies instead? Well is suppose you could have one for every class....

I do have a few Iwavers and Mini-z but each has it's own purpose, Stock, mod etc. I do have a ton of bodies for the cars.
Old 2005.12.14, 04:22 PM   #95
landmine55
i lick mzms and xmods

hey srry about that i ment i got 2 on the half off sale and i had the other one pleas i dont have all the money most evos were presents i did not get them and i still drive my miniz overland on snow with my cousins f150 and i could beat him but i need all wheel drive and my brother has 4 minizs and iwavers 04s so i know sum stuff about them i just like my f150 right now because it has awd and i have sum ice and snow i drift alot.Srry i like minizs but my dad does not like to buy me expensive stuff.oh and i know about the lag thats y i put my miniz monsters board and know its more fun than a bucket of monkeys.

Last edited by landmine55; 2005.12.14 at 04:26 PM.
landmine55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.14, 06:16 PM   #96
T-Bolt

I just read up on the LSSM mod, and the guy says he got 1.75 inches of travel. I just measured my articulation with the live axle and independent front and rear suspension maxxed out with the xmod travel mod, and recorded a high of 2.5 inches. Not bad for a toy.
T-Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.14, 08:07 PM   #97
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
hey srry about that i ment i got 2 on the half off sale and i had the other one pleas i dont have all the money most evos were presents i did not get them and i still drive my miniz overland on snow with my cousins f150 and i could beat him but i need all wheel drive and my brother has 4 minizs and iwavers 04s so i know sum stuff about them i just like my f150 right now because it has awd and i have sum ice and snow i drift alot.Srry i like minizs but my dad does not like to buy me expensive stuff.oh and i know about the lag thats y i put my miniz monsters board and know its more fun than a bucket of monkeys.
Bud, I am sorry too. I did not know you meant the EVO truck vs. OL. I that thinking EVO car vs MR-02.

On the EVO truck I have no clue, I only have a car. I have read only arch's post about the troubles he has had with his. I do also know that his is probably an exception to the rule. Yes, I can see how an EVO truck with AWD could beat an OL on an outdoor course. That I could easily see. The little I ran one of my OL's outside. I was a disappointed in the OLs performance on a patch of dirt in my yard (now covered in snow here also).

I understand your Dad not wanting to spend too much money on the scale for you. It does sound like you are a little rougher on them than I am on mine. If I were that rough on mine, I would rather spend EVO money than Z money just to beat them to death, so to speak. You could go through 2 EVO trucks for the price of one new OL.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.19, 08:23 PM   #98
landmine55
i lick mzms and xmods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda52
Bud, I am sorry too. I did not know you meant the EVO truck vs. OL. I that thinking EVO car vs MR-02.

On the EVO truck I have no clue, I only have a car. I have read only arch's post about the troubles he has had with his. I do also know that his is probably an exception to the rule. Yes, I can see how an EVO truck with AWD could beat an OL on an outdoor course. That I could easily see. The little I ran one of my OL's outside. I was a disappointed in the OLs performance on a patch of dirt in my yard (now covered in snow here also).

I understand your Dad not wanting to spend too much money on the scale for you. It does sound like you are a little rougher on them than I am on mine. If I were that rough on mine, I would rather spend EVO money than Z money just to beat them to death, so to speak. You could go through 2 EVO trucks for the price of one new OL.

yeah i know my dad was verry happy that i was happy but my z (ol) broke in about a day because i was rock crawing and it srtiped the gears.
Old 2005.12.19, 10:09 PM   #99
Taazz

Refering back to a previous post my experience has been that the Xmod radios do not interfere with any other radios rather the other radios interfere with the Xmods.

I have noticed it more so with the new EVO. Whenver any other 27 band Kyosho or Futaba radio is on the line at the same time as the Xmod I have constant and unpredictable radio hits. When it is just my Xmod alone or mine with other Xmods there is not a problem.

For this reason I can't really make a fair comparison between the Z and the Xmod because they can not be run together on the same track without converting the Xmod which I haven't done yet.

It is really a shame that RS went to the trouble of upgrading the car and leaving the crappy radio the same.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.21, 11:21 AM   #100
landmine55
i lick mzms and xmods

yeah i know i wish i could get my iwaver controler to work wit my xmods but i dont have a board so i stuck wit a controler that wont do anything
Old 2005.12.21, 02:34 PM   #101
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taazz
It is really a shame that RS went to the trouble of upgrading the car and leaving the crappy radio the same.
This is my biggest complaint about the xmods. I feel that for the price it's still a good value, but it would be a great value if they would fix it so you could at least use a different AM radio, if it comes with a better one or not. It should at least be compatable with them.
Old 2005.12.21, 10:00 PM   #102
Taazz

I agree Brian, give me the crappy radio to keep costs down, but at least make it so I can use a hobby quality 27 band AM radio with it if I want to do so.

Evidently they don't realize how many more Xmods they would sell to true hobbyists if they would just make this simple change.

A case of wanting to make sure nobody can use anything that doesn't come from Radio Shack and shooting themselves in the foot by doing it.

Unfortunately, I doubt that they will ever see it our way.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.22, 03:30 AM   #103
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

The big radio manufacturers i.e. Futaba and Airtronics have some cross compatibility problems with other Rx/Tx. It's mostly proprietary usage in this case but I think for RS it's a cost/production issue... Keep it cheap. It seems like the minimum requirement for RS is "Just get it to run. Let the consumer deal with how it runs." So I doubt RS will ever sell a chassis set or something that will work with an AM radio of our choice. and it's a shame.

Last edited by Ken Mifune; 2005.12.22 at 03:40 AM.
Ken Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.22, 12:18 PM   #104
briankstan

Ruf: I agree with what you said. My first recomendation is always The Mini-z MR-02. However alot of people don't know if they want to spend that much to see if they are going to like racing and would like additional choices.

With the Quality of the new Iwavers I wouldn't recommend those to anyone.

That Leaves the Xmod as the next available choice. For someone that is starting out it's not too bad, that's how I got started. I hadn't even heard of a Mini-z. I was just looking throught the local RS and saw them. Thought they were cool and bought one. I look at the xmod as a possible first step in the evolution of small scale racing. As a driver inproves then he can always match his skill with a higher quality Mini-z. If he decides it's not for him has has spend lots of money on it.

Me Personally I love the Mini-z. I have the Xmod EVO and it's great to mess around on the track with, but when it comes to competitive racing there is really only one choice. The Mini-z

edit: there was a post by Ruf. I don't know what happened to it.

Last edited by briankstan; 2005.12.22 at 12:22 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.22, 01:35 PM   #105
TuNeR1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
Ruf: I agree with what you said. My first recomendation is always The Mini-z MR-02. However alot of people don't know if they want to spend that much to see if they are going to like racing and would like additional choices.

With the Quality of the new Iwavers I wouldn't recommend those to anyone.

That Leaves the Xmod as the next available choice. For someone that is starting out it's not too bad, that's how I got started. I hadn't even heard of a Mini-z. I was just looking throught the local RS and saw them. Thought they were cool and bought one. I look at the xmod as a possible first step in the evolution of small scale racing. As a driver inproves then he can always match his skill with a higher quality Mini-z. If he decides it's not for him has has spend lots of money on it.

Me Personally I love the Mini-z. I have the Xmod EVO and it's great to mess around on the track with, but when it comes to competitive racing there is really only one choice. The Mini-z

edit: there was a post by Ruf. I don't know what happened to it.
Well said
TuNeR1989 is offline   Reply With Quote