Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.01.24, 05:52 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
McLaren P1 GTR Questions

How heavy?
How does this handle being a rather narrow 98mm body?
How much offset can you reasonably squeeze under it?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.24, 06:56 PM   #2
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Are you talking about the original little Mac? if so, under 30G. It is an excellent handling little critter despite being a "0" "0" body. I don't think you can go more than +1 on the rear without a little creative fender lip manipulation. It lends itself very well to a specific set of aero manipulation. Biggest drawback is it can't win a fight with a heavier car.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.24, 07:20 PM   #3
arch2b

this one.
Old 2019.01.24, 07:26 PM   #4
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Not familiar with that one at all. Send me the requested info via PM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.24, 10:24 PM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I believe that it comes with 1.5n/1.5w offsets, which looking at the picture, might be too large. I would think that this could be a nice stock class contender depending on the weight. Although, with the amount of contours on the body, I do suspect that it will be heavier than the 12C, and wont replace the current king of stock.

The wing mounting does not look very secure, so this may be an easily broken part and would need to have a replacement which is K-Stock acceptable.
Old 2019.02.09, 07:11 AM   #6
xmodcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
How heavy?
How does this handle being a rather narrow 98mm body?
How much offset can you reasonably squeeze under it?
My scale says it's 32g.

I haven't done any laps yet but it's sitting on a chassis with +1.5 F/R(kyosho stock offset). You could possibly fit +2 F/R, maybe +2.5F but not much more.

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 2019.02.10 at 06:17 AM.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.09, 08:09 PM   #7
LJH

Has anyone found the MZN190 "White Body"? I am thinking I would like to put this body on a GLA chassis. I Love the F1 as well as the P1 but I do not get the same love out of a 12C for some reason.

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by LJH; 2019.02.09 at 08:17 PM.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.10, 06:20 AM   #8
xmodcanuck

Most places are out of stock on the white body. Seems if you don't jump on it and order straight away you're s.o.l.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.11, 05:49 PM   #9
herman

Are the side mirrors rubber? Looks like they are the first things to come off... next would be the rear spoiler...
So they are 1.5N fronts and 1.5W rears? Or narrow all around?

Let us know how it goes during track testing....

Last edited by herman; 2019.02.11 at 06:48 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 07:59 AM   #10
arch2b

How does it drive? I know it’s a subject response but looking to see if this is worthwhile purchase or just another shelf queen purchase. I’m out of shelf space so not looking to buy to not use. What is it comperable to?
Old 2019.03.01, 12:44 PM   #11
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

I got a chance to run my new McLaren P1 last night. I used some PN +1NF and +1WR rims. They fit fine. The stock offset is +1.5 all around. With a full size tire upfront it would rub the back side of the wheel opening and needs to be sanded/dremeled a bit there to clear when turning. I have the PN Interchangeable Front Body mount. I happened to have the McLaren F1GTR carbon adapter and it fit fine for the front clip and provided the adjustment to raise the front end for trued tires. Clearance for the rear tires was good. My motor pod (PN Reconfigurable 98mm) had a clearance issue with the "tail" of the motor plate. It sticks out past the back of the mount and would make contact with the body under compression. It made a rattley sound while running, similar to the sound a loose body makes. I added some preload to the top shock to add some space. It seemed to fix the problem but on a bumpy track I'm sure it will still hit. I think I will be taking the body clips off and moving them lower in the mounts to raise the body a couple mm. I had to notch my side clips for the PN 2.5 chassis just like you do on the McLaren 12C.

Running the body was great. I'd say it handles somewhere in between the twitchyness of the McLaren F1 short tail and the stableness of the 12C for me. I was messing around with different diffs and was able to run quite a few good clean laps with it.

Damage report was the little winglet canard thingies on the front broke off instantly with a tiny little touch of another car. It would seem that all the little bits like that are not melted into the body like usual but maybe glued or press fit. I removed the rest of them from the front to avoid losing them later. I suspect the front splitter will be easy to crack in a collision but I didnt sand it down any yet as ground clearance was fine. I'd really like to see someone come out with a 3D printed version of the rear wing for replacements as I have a feeling one good hit and its gone. Especially if you get hit while turtled.

I didn't weigh it prior to running it, sorry.

Last edited by RussF; 2019.03.01 at 12:46 PM.
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.22, 07:47 PM   #12
arch2b

can anyone confirm if compatible with MM2 motor pod? the low slope rear deck lid looks like it would not fit the MM2 underneath.
Old 2019.04.22, 09:07 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Kyosho made a video explaining that this body is not compatible with the MM2 motormount.

https://youtu.be/p2KgDpejmwc
Old 2019.04.23, 04:37 AM   #14
byebye

I have both a white body and ASC. The ASC has the body mounts glued in very low where with the white body you can install the mounts so it has clearance.

I like it so far. It's feels balanced and has nice aero. It does catch similarly to the 12C on the RCP rails.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote