Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.04.21, 10:25 AM   #16
TPDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I don’t think licensing works that way or else we would have see the other American muscle cars introduced with the Fazer I think it is. NA would go nuts for the Challenger and Charger or Chevelle on Mini-Z.
Agreed. I looked at Kyosho's available slot car bodies awhile ago and was surprised to see the new Mercedes and a variety of other GT3 cars in full livery that I have been wishing would come to mini Z. The licensing must be per product and not per company.

That said, the new ZR1 looks fantastic. Front offset +2, rear +3 on a 98 mm wheelbase might race pretty well also. I am excited to give one a try!
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.22, 12:15 PM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Just saw this one pop up, very interesting...
Futaba 4PM (TX) & Double Receiver Unit Set (RX x 2)

No : 82050
On Sale From : June 2019

arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.22, 12:17 PM   #18
arch2b

Looks like the new AWD is not listed for July as well

MINI-Z AWD MHS/ASF2.4GHz System MA-030EVO Chassis

No : 32180
On Sale From : July 2019

Old 2019.04.22, 03:23 PM   #19
MTseo

Quote:
Just saw this one pop up, very interesting...
Futaba 4PM (TX) & Double Receiver Unit Set (RX x 2)

No : 82050
On Sale From : June 2019

Wow that seems like a good deal. Around $270. Good for them making a nice affordable set.
Old 2019.04.23, 05:43 AM   #20
HaCo
02-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPDazzle View Post
Agreed. I looked at Kyosho's available slot car bodies awhile ago and was surprised to see the new Mercedes and a variety of other GT3 cars in full livery that I have been wishing would come to mini Z. The licensing must be per product and not per company.

That said, the new ZR1 looks fantastic. Front offset +2, rear +3 on a 98 mm wheelbase might race pretty well also. I am excited to give one a try!
Which slot cars do you mean?
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.26, 12:07 PM   #21
arch2b

MJ Aluminum Motor Mount (LM)

No: MZW309

Can anyone explain the $30 markup in NA region for this part? That seems a bit egregious really.
Old 2019.04.27, 09:02 PM   #22
Felix2010

MA-030? Hmm wonder if it's any good
Old 2019.04.27, 09:17 PM   #23
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
MJ Aluminum Motor Mount (LM)

No: MZW309

Can anyone explain the $30 markup in NA region for this part? That seems a bit egregious really.
I think it's outrageous. It almost forces anyone interested in such a part to bypass the NA distribution channels or forgo purchase of the part. Even the Japan pricing is quite high for it.

When I first saw the mount I was quite interested, but I think it's a pass. To build a car with this mount and the side dampers would set you back $150+ at NA pricing which is absurd.
Old 2019.05.04, 01:53 PM   #24
arch2b

Quote:
This looks promising

KYOSHO SPEED HOUSE MULTICELL CHARGER
No : 72011
On Sale From : July 2019

No real information in the website yet.

Looks like the Kyosho unit is simply a branded IDST unit, C4. $60 on Amazon, $46 on Bangood.
Old 2019.05.04, 03:17 PM   #25
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Looks like the Kyosho unit is simply a branded IDST unit, C4. $60 on Amazon, $46 on Bangood.
That's what it looks like to me. At 14,000 yen, it's a steep increase.

Especially when the N8 costs $50
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K3...73ZEKLGH&psc=1

C4 has up to 3A charge where N8 has 1.5A charge limit. Discharge is 1.5A C4 and 1A N8. For our uses, the N8 looks like a better choice.

After further review, the C4 comes with power supply where N8 does not.

Last edited by EMU; 2019.05.04 at 03:23 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.05.04, 05:52 PM   #26
arch2b

They actually have an N24 Seems implausible that you could charge 6 packs to the same degree, at the same time, on one device.
Old 2019.05.04, 05:57 PM   #27
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
They actually have an N24 Seems implausible that you could charge 6 packs to the same degree, at the same time, on one device.
I wouldnt want to put that many cells on one charger, if it fails... your out of options. I would rather have 3 8 cell chargers than one 24.
Old 2019.05.05, 02:59 PM   #28
mugler

I'm still confused about ISDT's max "amp" charge (or discharge) rate it can put out when all banks are loaded up on different models they offer. seems like the rate depends if the end user chooses a 12 or 24 volt power supply but even then it is still not clear what the max charge per cell is for c4, N8 12, 16 18 24 versions with all banks loaded..

On another note I was under the impression i had seen a 98mm version of the new Kyosho mount MZW309 which for LM's ... does anyone know if that's true or the side tube is meant only for LM chassis?
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.05.05, 06:24 PM   #29
EMU
EMUracing

The upper damper mount of the MZ309 mount has two mounting positions, 98 and 102, so I assume that the damper is static to the chassis, and the mount can be positioned in both wheelbases... I hope that Kyosho will make a video explaining the details, and compatibility concerns with it, considering the cost of the parts.

Regarding the ISDT max amp, it definitely will matter what type of power source is used. This is also one reason why I would avoid the models with more banks. The rated max current would be if the charger has unlimited power I assume, and will be reduced if insufficient power source is used. The C4 comes with a PSU from what I have read, where the others must have one supplied. The small A4 bank charger also needs a 5v 2.1A USB charger to provide sufficient power to achieve the fully rated 1A charge level without throttling.

It seems that the Kyosho model comes with the tray insert for the C4, where the C4 does not. Without the tray, the charger can only charge two AAA cells.
Old 2019.05.06, 04:43 PM   #30
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
The upper damper mount of the MZ309 mount has two mounting positions, 98 and 102, so I assume that the damper is static to the chassis, and the mount can be positioned in both wheelbases... I hope that Kyosho will make a video explaining the details, and compatibility concerns with it, considering the cost of the parts.
I hope that's the case with both 98, 102 wb's being accommodated and it makes sense for you're assumption to be correct given 2 sets of holes on the spring post bar...the official LM designation is what's kind of confusing but maybe they wanted to make sure people understand it covers LM's WB's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Regarding the ISDT max amp, it definitely will matter what type of power source is used. This is also one reason why I would avoid the models with more banks. The rated max current would be if the charger has unlimited power I assume, and will be reduced if insufficient power source is used. The C4 comes with a PSU from what I have read, where the others must have one supplied. The small A4 bank charger also needs a 5v 2.1A USB charger to provide sufficient power to achieve the fully rated 1A charge level without throttling.

It seems that the Kyosho model comes with the tray insert for the C4, where the C4 does not. Without the tray, the charger can only charge two AAA cells.
Do you mean fully rated 1A charge level without throttling per barrel or total 1 amp spread among all barrels, given use of 2.1 usb at 5v?

Last edited by mugler; 2019.05.06 at 04:45 PM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote