Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.14, 07:17 AM   #1
pick
Village Idiot

Track Change

I figured we may as well start a new thread on this subject. For those of you who haven't seen Todd's initial post, it's in race results. Short story is that the track is now flipped and transponder loop is still in straight-a-way. However the straight-a-way is now where the computer is. I haven't ran on the track since it has been moved. However, I thought we only voted to move the transponder loop, not the track. The purpose was to get the finish line closer to Vicki for F1's and reduce wheel hop on the long straight due to the hump caused by the transponder wire. F1's are no longer an issue due to everyone using transponders now. So, I'm not sure what the reason for the flipped track was. We still have a bump issue at the fastest point on the track. I look forward to racing on whatever is decided. However, it probably should be a group vote finished off with a Vicki / Jim final decision before movement in the future. I'm sure this was probably just a miscommunication. If the track was moved at Vicki / Jim's request, that's totally fine. It's their shop and track. I greatly appreciate them allowing us to race. If it was moved just because one or two racers like it better this way........... Either way, still looking forward to Thursday!!
James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 11:02 AM   #2
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I don't mind a change in track layout, perspective wise. Actually I wouldn't mind a layout change once in a while. I guess it is reasonable to have the loop at the end of the long straight. Todd has valid points about marshalling though. You don't need much marshalling on a straight so the pit tables shouldn't be a problem. The tables at the new first corner could be a problem. Could they be moved? Can the hump be smoothed with shims under the track, on each side of the wires, to make a longer transition over the wires?

Pedro
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.14, 06:19 PM   #3
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
I don't mind a change in track layout, perspective wise. Actually I wouldn't mind a layout change once in a while. I guess it is reasonable to have the loop at the end of the long straight. Todd has valid points about marshalling though. You don't need much marshalling on a straight so the pit tables shouldn't be a problem. The tables at the new first corner could be a problem. Could they be moved? Can the hump be smoothed with shims under the track, on each side of the wires, to make a longer transition over the wires?
Pedro
The problem isn't the wires but the little box on the end of the loop that winds up just under the edge of the track. if a couple of people participate I think it can be adjusted. The track was flipped at Vicki's request to ease some marshalling concerns.

Mike
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.15, 02:17 PM   #4
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

speed bump

Stopped by today and fiddled with the bump. I got the little black box extended just out from under the inside edge of the track. Seems pretty flat now. One possible new problem could be a double count due to the proximity of the box to the adjoinig track section. Time will tell.

Mike
Old 2008.04.15, 08:52 PM   #5
pick
Village Idiot

Thanks Mike for trying to remedy the bump problem. To be honest, I never really payed any attn. to it in the past. With my not being of Rodney and Pedro's superior driving skill, it probably won't affect me. I'm just trying to keep up!! I haven't been by HSH since last Thursday, but I'll attempt to get there early this Thurs. to help with any fine tuning that may be needed.
James
Old 2008.04.18, 11:49 PM   #6
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Hi guys, I have been real busy lately and I am looking forward to racing this Thursday. I can suggest that the underside of the track be routed out where the loop is. That will take care of any bump issues. Cya

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.17, 03:19 AM   #7
-J-

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Does anyone have any pictures of the current layout of the track? Just curious as to what it looks like. I checked out the threads about the track, but they're a year and a half old.

Last edited by -J-; 2009.05.17 at 03:23 AM.
-J- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.17, 09:31 AM   #8
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

We will see what we can do about a picture or 2
Old 2009.05.17, 11:12 AM   #9
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Miss you Guys!

Hey, It has been real crazy for me so far this year. I hope to get up there this week, but I probably won't be able to make it until the 28th. Hope to see y'all soon!

Ragin' Cajun

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.17, 12:10 PM   #10
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Bout D**n time. Thought maybe you swallowed something this time and instead of going to the expense to find out what they just put you to sleep.

If you don't make it til the 28th we will have a report on the PN race in Myrtle beach.

Send me your email address again. I tried to edit it but deleted it instead.
Old 2009.05.17, 12:36 PM   #11
pick
Village Idiot

Edit............Delete, Edit..........Delete. I guess when your old and blind, they look pretty close to the same . Just kidding Mike. And yes, I'm still having dreams of the yellow hat ! It's about time that Crazy Cajun showed back up . Have you been experimenting with any new special sauces on the mini-Z's Lara ?

James
Old 2009.05.17, 02:22 PM   #12
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

When Yellow hat comes to live with you I will delete all the pictures and send them with the car.
Old 2009.05.17, 06:31 PM   #13
-J-

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
We will see what we can do about a picture or 2
Appreciate it.
Old 2009.05.17, 10:29 PM   #14
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Breeze

Good to see you Lara. Hope to see you in person real soon!

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.10, 05:35 PM   #15
kwsmith29

Got a question for everyone. Since were having a little get together tommorrow to work on the track to install rail liners. Is anyone intrested in changing the configuration around a little bit? Just make some changes in the infield. What do you think.
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote