Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.07.15, 12:48 PM   #241
KyoshoAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
the autoscale will be the most expensive hop up. this will really impact stock and cup classes say a part on a body in a qualifier making it illegal per race director rules, the cost of a new autoscale will be prohibitive in my opinion :
I am assuming you meant to say "say you break a part on a body in a qualifier"

I can only speak for our experience but historically the bodies run in a class of this nature tend to last a long time. Especially you apply a thin layer ShoeGoo® to the inside of the front bumper I have bodies that I have run for years that literally have the paint worn off them but are still complete. For our EX class if somebody has the rear view mirror missing ore a winglet broken off we are not going to disqualify them.
KyoshoAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.15, 01:04 PM   #242
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
correct, meant to include 'break'.

LM bodies for example are very fragile at the front light bucket areas. it doesn't take much to crack these and eventually break. this is common for many autoscales actually. some are just more durable than others due to design and or thickness of the plastic. there are countless threads here from years ago when racing autoscales was much more common experience regarding which are most durable and which tend to break more often.

the upside to stock and cup class is, they are not going to be carrying as much speed.

ok, sorry for the side track conversation
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.18, 09:24 AM   #243
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Some guys are interested in making a box stock class at Ron's I just need to know some specific about the Kyosho rules. He may use the Kyosho format.

1) Just wondering will it be legal in Kysosho EX, Kysoho Cup, to change the setting on the PCB (ex. drive fequency,... etc)

2) Also the original box stock LM has a plastic damper will that be considered legal since the LM is heavier than the other cars

3) One more thing is it legal to use an MR-03 board on a MR-015 or MR-02? it would mean the 02 servo would remain and one would need to make space for the gyro connection that protrudes from the PCB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip_image002.jpg (8.2 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg clip_image003.jpg (6.0 KB, 147 views)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2011.07.18 at 10:18 AM.
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.18, 01:58 PM   #244
KyoshoAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
1) Just wondering will it be legal in Kysosho EX, Kysoho Cup, to change the setting on the PCB (ex. drive fequency,... etc)

2) Also the original box stock LM has a plastic damper will that be considered legal since the LM is heavier than the other cars

3) One more thing is it legal to use an MR-03 board on a MR-015 or MR-02? it would mean the 02 servo would remain and one would need to make space for the gyro connection that protrudes from the PCB.
1) It is not legal to change any settings or components of the PCB unless you are of course replacing a damaged board for a new Kyosho version or replacing the board to make your car 2.4GHz

2) the LM damper will be legal to use on the LM chassis in EX and on any chassis where is can be mounted without modification in Cup class.

3) If you cannot mount the board without having to physically modify the chassis then you cannot swap boards.

The main purposes of both Kyosho classes is to limit all modifications to basic, simple, none evasive adjustments. If something requires skill with and or use of a drill, hobby knife etc. consider it against the regulations and sportsmanship of these two classes.

-KyoshoVP
Old 2011.07.18, 03:48 PM   #245
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoVP View Post
1) It is not legal to change any settings or components of the PCB unless you are of course replacing a damaged board for a new Kyosho version or replacing the board to make your car 2.4GHz

2) the LM damper will be legal to use on the LM chassis in EX and on any chassis where is can be mounted without modification in Cup class.

3) If you cannot mount the board without having to physically modify the chassis then you cannot swap boards.

The main purposes of both Kyosho classes is to limit all modifications to basic, simple, none evasive adjustments. If something requires skill with and or use of a drill, hobby knife etc. consider it against the regulations and sportsmanship of these two classes.

-KyoshoVP
Ok thanks, so I guess that mean if you have to solder the 02 servo to the 03 PCB that is "skill with and or use of a drill, hobby knife etc. consider it against the regulations and sportsmanship of these two classes."

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.18, 06:31 PM   #246
bermbuster
GF Racing

available for purchase

Hey guys
what can we buy when we are at the track?
parts? autoscales? batteries?
thanks in advance
I know you werent open on Sunday but I made a dry run to make sure I can find the place..... Scoped out places to eat too....haha
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.20, 06:46 PM   #247
KyoshoAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
Ok thanks, so I guess that mean if you have to solder the 02 servo to the 03 PCB that is "skill with and or use of a drill, hobby knife etc. consider it against the regulations and sportsmanship of these two classes."
You are correct.
Old 2011.07.20, 06:51 PM   #248
KyoshoAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
Hey guys
what can we buy when we are at the track?
parts? autoscales? batteries?
thanks in advance
I know you werent open on Sunday but I made a dry run to make sure I can find the place..... Scoped out places to eat too....haha
We will have all of the above available at the track come race weekend. This weekend we will be open and we have begun working on increasing inventory in the shop to make sure everyone is covered. We are expecting a shipment between this and next week so if it's not in stock this Sunday it probably will be by race day Sat. Also come race weekend if we do not have it in stock in the R241 shop we will have access to the main warehouse and can make periodic trips to accommodate.
Old 2011.07.22, 04:25 PM   #249
KyoshoAmerica

FYI for everyone coming this weekend to practice we are anticipating there may be more drivers then normal and we recommend bringing a folding chair incase we run out of space so we can book end our pit tables and if need be run power outside for additional pitting.

ThankYou,

Kyosho VP
Old 2011.07.22, 10:16 PM   #250
bermbuster
GF Racing

I cant wait for Sunday.....
Old 2011.07.24, 09:32 PM   #251
greenepa76

Nice meeting you out at the track today Bermbuster and a nice collection of Mini-z's you had there! Turnout was lower than expected, but we got lots of setup time in. Most of the tables were occupied and we didn't run out of pit space. Much thanks to Yasuji and Philip of PN racing, who got the new lapcounter software installed with a very easy to read display!
greenepa76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.24, 10:04 PM   #252
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
what software are you using with the kyosho home system loop?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.24, 10:07 PM   #253
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
what software are you using with the kyosho home system loop?
kyosho uses zround!we just updated it to the newest sw and the good voice and set the computer up riight!

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.24, 11:17 PM   #254
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenepa76 View Post
Nice meeting you out at the track today Bermbuster and a nice collection of Mini-z's you had there! Turnout was lower than expected, but we got lots of setup time in. Most of the tables were occupied and we didn't run out of pit space. Much thanks to Yasuji and Philip of PN racing, who got the new lapcounter software installed with a very easy to read display!
was nice meeting you and the rt 241 crew. It is amazing how good a stock car runs on the carpet.....First I installed the bearings then 30r front 20r rear and i was off and running. Next I changed the pinion from 6t to an 8t and now I am set for next week.....The guys at Kyosho are great they asked what parts we would need for next week and we are hooked up.....
The funny thing is im only 6 turns (10 miles) away from Kyosho.....
I didnt realize that they loan cars for newbies to try.....I will definitely get some of my customers out on practice days.....
The light kits on some of the racers cars are kool....the headlights were distracting me at first.....now I want headlights....haha
I never saw your old software but I know the new software and Grant and Phil hooked Rt 241 up.....Next Saturday is going to be a great race....
Old 2011.07.25, 08:44 PM   #255
bermbuster
GF Racing

Race Ready....

Today I stopped off at PN and picked up 2 new 80t motors. Got home broke em in and all installed.....
I believe I am ready as ready gets....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0660.jpg (441.8 KB, 17 views)