Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.04.16, 10:46 PM   #1
Blf

Rear Suspension Question

Hey guys - put my PN F1 motor mount and noticed (keep in mind I'm new to the MF series) that the FRP side plates seem to want to pull the motor motor mount down and away such that the damper post nub on the PN mount catches the plastic loop right behind the batt terminal attachments? I went to put the rear shock on and that doesn't seem like it will do anything since it's trying to "droop" in the rear of the car.

Maybe the weight of the batteries will balance it a little more and excuse my noonbness on this chassis but just wondering if this is normal ?
Blf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.17, 08:50 AM   #2
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

In mounting the pn mount have you kept the wheelbase level or has the swap created a forward rake?

You can use the plastic shims that come with the stock setup to level the chassis. That will likely help with top shock position.

Battery in chassis definitely help rear pod position/sag

In your post you describe a "loop"....if that's what I think you've described you can remove tbest part. Maybe post a pic to confirm.....

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.17, 12:15 PM   #3
Blf

Again, no motor, no batteries yet ... maybe that has something to do with it ----- I have to use the lowest axel position with the bearing carriers on the PN F1 mount to get it level like this

This is the "loop"

I have the Shapeworks PN top shock adapter coming which I plan to use. Also have the DD from Kyosho --- whats the best to use with the PN mount?
Old 2016.04.17, 08:33 PM   #4
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

You don't need that loop anymore.

I'd try using the dds with the top shock and try not using the side springs.

The height doesn't look wrong it will sit lower with body work on it and batteries in it.

my custom body album...
Old 2016.04.18, 01:16 AM   #5
Blf

Thanks Cowboy - so do people run these with out rear Springs?

Also, I noticed on the kyosho to shock that the instructions show the mf010 and I tried to use the metal bride you see in the second picture above - it's from the picking inner tube shock set . As I mentioned, I have the shape ways mount for the pn top shock on order so I'm just trying this in the meantime. is there supposed to be a reverse rake of the shock down to the pn mount or do I shim to make it parallel with the chassis?

I guess I'll put motor in/batteries in to get it to actual weight before doing this

I have not tried to put the shell on yet so I don't know about clearance in there yet!

I was planning on a 70t pn to start or is a 50t pn a better choice ?

Thanks again for the F1 expertise - new chassis for me
Old 2016.04.18, 04:19 PM   #6
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Some people find the springs accentuate any chassis tweak issues. I run without them and there are a few others I know who delete them.

Try to get the Kyosho shock as level as you can.

The 50T might be a bit much to start with F1 because being a bigger heavier chassis it tends to roll a lot more so it takes a bit to adjust to braking points.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a front wing protector from "UsefulIdiotDesigns" on the Shapeways site. Best idea for a protector that stops the wing from getting stuck under the rails.

my custom body album...
Old 2016.04.18, 05:01 PM   #7
Blf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Some people find the springs accentuate any chassis tweak issues. I run without them and there are a few others I know who delete them.

Try to get the Kyosho shock as level as you can.

The 50T might be a bit much to start with F1 because being a bigger heavier chassis it tends to roll a lot more so it takes a bit to adjust to braking points.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a front wing protector from "UsefulIdiotDesigns" on the Shapeways site. Best idea for a protector that stops the wing from getting stuck under the rails.
Ok --- I actually ordered the F1 wing from Shapeways but just received today and see that I CANT use the Kyosho IC tag (we use the IC Lap counter system)

No way to mod it I guess?
Old 2016.04.18, 07:44 PM   #8
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blf View Post
Ok --- I actually ordered the F1 wing from Shapeways but just received today and see that I CANT use the Kyosho IC tag (we use the IC Lap counter system)

No way to mod it I guess?
I'm not familiar with the IC tag and its fitment so I couldn't say.

my custom body album...
Old 2016.05.10, 02:09 PM   #9
neoneo1neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
You don't need that loop anymore.

I'd try using the dds with the top shock and try not using the side springs.

The height doesn't look wrong it will sit lower with body work on it and batteries in it.
the DDS you talking about is the 3 racing roller damper system right? not the kyosho fiction damper system correct?
neoneo1neo is offline   Reply With Quote