Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Transmitters, Receivers and Crystals

Old 2016.03.26, 10:08 AM   #31
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Confirmed the current shipment as of 3/26 ,of transmitters does NOT have the latest software patch installed.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.26, 05:32 PM   #32
KWT

I downloaded the update and will install it tonight. You can use the PC to set all your setting and models so you don't have to push buttons on the controller.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.27, 08:44 AM   #33
arch2b

first impression, i like the transmitter a lot! does not weight much at all, even compared to the 5-UR. the steering tension is stiffer than i'm used to from the 5-UR but overall very nice. the English only language update will be very helpful in reducing clutter on the display. the system is easy enough to navigate. touch would have been a bonus but not complaining.

the manual is not 100% clear on what buttons to press, etc. naming a model for example, it doesn't clearly spell out which buttons to press and in what sequence. you kind of have to figure it out yourself. it's rather intuitive but still lacking in clarity.

once i set the various subtrims correctly, my cars drove in a nice straight line, less wandering then when used with my 5-UR. really looking forward to continued use of this transmitter.

i have not done this yet, but would recommend backing up the stored model data. it's nice that one can plug this into a PC and essentially set everything as well. if you have the ICS adapter that is.
Old 2016.03.27, 08:49 AM   #34
KWT

Kyosho did a bad job with the manual. The EX-2 manual is much more detailed and almost everything same.

Here's a link to the EX-2 product page so you can download the manual.

http://www.kopropo.co.jp/sys_en/radi...ex-2/ex-2.html
Old 2016.03.27, 10:31 AM   #35
arch2b

how about this one... do we need to set to ASF mode every time we change model? the manual has this warning
Quote:
Model selection changes and modulation mode changes are not linked.
or does this mean that if you are changing to a model that should be MHS, you need to change the mode as it will not do so automatically?
Old 2016.03.27, 10:48 AM   #36
arch2b

next question, is there a better bag than the Ko Propo KIY bag? i checked into that one and it's more of a generic shape to carry the somewhat larger KIY, various accessories. all i need is a protective form fitting bag for the ex-6/ex-2 (same size/shape)
Old 2016.03.27, 10:55 AM   #37
KWT

You do not need to set modulation each time you change models. You only need to do this when going from ASF to MHS or MHS to ASF models.

I ending up buying a Pelican case for mind. There's nothing out there yet that has precut foam. The Kopropo bag has a velcro strap. I'm not a fan of that. They do have a hard case for the KIY EX-1
Old 2016.03.27, 11:23 AM   #38
arch2b

the hard case looks like it requires removal of the steering component, drat. i guess i'll hold out for a bit and just reuse the box for awhile.
Old 2016.03.27, 12:23 PM   #39
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Ray, like K said...get a pelican case or similar. If you get it deep enough, you don't have to take anything apart .

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.27, 01:49 PM   #40
KWT

After reading more about the EX-6, Kyosho is positioning the radio as the intermediate radio. Playing around with the menu shows that while it has most of the programing options needed for mini-zs it is not as flexible as the KIY EX-1. You can get back the missing ET4 and 5 on the grip by buying the EX-1 grip. I liked having ET4 on my EX-1 UR because it allowed me to set the steering travel on the fly. Also, I can't reach BT1 under the steering wheel like I could on my Eurus and EX-1 UR.
Old 2016.03.28, 11:57 AM   #41
refsiul22

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
first impression, i like the transmitter a lot! does not weight much at all, even compared to the 5-UR.....
Arch, where did you get it from?
refsiul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.28, 12:04 PM   #42
arch2b

i had checked into several places, firstly the shop here. everyone was back ordered so i placed an order at the hobby store we race at. i need to support them as well they ordered 4-5 and sold all within 48 hours. more have been ordered but again, may be back ordered. not easy finding the accessories either. can't blame shops though, the multiple revisions for the EX-1 made it hard to carry that line with continued issues, revisions, etc. now trying to find things like the drop down wheel is a real hunt unless you go overseas.
Old 2016.03.29, 05:44 PM   #43
Thorvald

Just ordered mine. Now to find an Ex-2 head module so it can do dual purpose.

The case search begins now lol.

EDIT: For those in Canada, this might fit and is on sale:

http://www.princessauto com/en/detai...ox/A-p8486029e
Will check it out once I have a radio to size up.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.03.29 at 07:18 PM.
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.30, 08:00 AM   #44
arch2b

can you post the manufacturer/product number, can't reach that page.
Old 2016.03.30, 11:43 AM   #45
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

Probably should have started a new thread but does anybody know about installing a LIPO battery into the EX-6? The manual mentions the radio will work with one. But I'm not sure what to get or how to connect it. Maybe the battery base attachment like for the EX-II??