Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.24, 08:25 PM   #1
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Race Event - Sunday - 02/12/2006

Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Open
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/18th Open (may or may not be run depending upon who shows up)

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system is up and running.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.
Old 2006.01.24, 08:40 PM   #2
Shaun
000-00-0001

2/12 sounds good. I'll see you there around 11am as usual. If that's okay.

Patrick - Has the track been vacuumed since we started racing? I'm noticing more track dust on my car. Maybe a vac job and good wiping down with a damp towel will help with the dust and improve traction?
Old 2006.01.24, 08:50 PM   #3
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
2/12 sounds good. I'll see you there around 11am as usual. If that's okay.

Patrick - Has the track been vacuumed since we started racing? I'm noticing more track dust on my car. Maybe a vac job and good wiping down with a damp towel will help with the dust and improve traction?
Yeah, 11:00 is cool!

I have swept and vacuumed the track every time before we've raced. I bet the extra dust may be related to the "roughening" up of the turn that I was experimenting with. I've already "roughened" up some more of the track. I've been running a few timed runs and have been turning pretty consistent high 4 sec and low 5 sec laps (which is better than my avg has been). But I've also changed tires, so I'm not sure if the "roughening" is helping that much or not. My feeling is that it is. I'll only "roughen" a part of the track, and let everyone else give me their feedback next race.
Old 2006.01.24, 08:58 PM   #4
Shaun
000-00-0001

I forgot about the roughing up of that corner. That's where the dust came from for sure. Have you done anything with the turn following the straightaway?

What tires have you switched to? Have you tried the 3Racing motor yet?
Old 2006.01.28, 07:12 PM   #5
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
I forgot about the roughing up of that corner. That's where the dust came from for sure. Have you done anything with the turn following the straightaway?

What tires have you switched to? Have you tried the 3Racing motor yet?
I've also roughened up the first turn at the end of the back straight. I'm still not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm thinking it does a little.

I've been practicing and tuning the car a bit. I just had a 5 minute, 60 lap run! Wooo hooo! I made a few changes to the car, one of which made a big difference! I changed the read T-plate to the lightest one. This made a noticeable improvement in negotiating the turns! The car seems to transition much quicker. I also rebuilt (cleaned, sanded and re-lubed) the diff and I'm still using one weight in the front of the car. I used traction compound on all the tires too. I'm using Atomic 10 deg grooved tires in the rear and I-Waver 10's in the front. I haven't tried the new motor yet.

Prior to the 60 lap run, I turned a 4.44 sec lap! So bring it on Shaun!!! I'll be ready for you next race! You can't win em all you know!

Here's the results from my run: 60 Laps
Old 2006.01.28, 07:47 PM   #6
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRC
I've also roughened up the first turn at the end of the back straight. I'm still not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm thinking it does a little.

I've been practicing and tuning the car a bit. I just had a 5 minute, 60 lap run! Wooo hooo! I made a few changes to the car, one of which made a big difference! I changed the read T-plate to the lightest one. This made a noticeable improvement in negotiating the turns! The car seems to transition much quicker. I also rebuilt (cleaned, sanded and re-lubed) the diff and I'm still using one weight in the front of the car. I used traction compound on all the tires too. I'm using Atomic 10 deg grooved tires in the rear and I-Waver 10's in the front. I haven't tried the new motor yet.

Prior to the 60 lap run, I turned a 4.44 sec lap! So bring it on Shaun!!! I'll be ready for you next race! You can't win em all you know!

Here's the results from my run: 60 Laps
Lookin' good Patrick!! I like that your fastest lap was your next to last lap! We should have some close racing on Sunday. You almost had 61 laps. There were a few laps where you lost time, about a total of 2 seconds. That would be right about 61 laps! What kind of traction compound did you use? Maybe we could each run a 5:00 solo run as a pre-qualifier race? Then race 3 qualifiers with starting positions based on the solo run. Just a thought.

Hey, I can sure try to win them all!!

Last edited by Shaun; 2006.01.28 at 08:01 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.28, 08:00 PM   #7
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, I can sure try to win them all!!
I'm sure you will my friend!

Traction compound was Paragon FXII. I'd like to get some of the non-smelling stuff. Yeah we could try a solo run... well gotta run, gotta practice some more!
Old 2006.01.28, 08:06 PM   #8
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRC
I'm sure you will my friend!

Traction compound was Paragon FXII. I'd like to get some of the non-smelling stuff. Yeah we could try a solo run... well gotta run, gotta practice some more!
Don't practice too much!! I've heard it rotts your brain.
Old 2006.01.29, 08:08 PM   #9
pHREDD
z of mini

How many are supposed to show up to race?
Old 2006.01.29, 08:12 PM   #10
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHREDD
How many are supposed to show up to race?
Whatsup Fred! I know of about 6 racers so far.

Patrick - I sold my Iwaver 02 chassis/ball-diff to Chad. So look for him to have a working 02 on Sunday.

Last edited by Shaun; 2006.01.29 at 08:28 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.30, 07:18 AM   #11
pHREDD
z of mini

6 Racers is enough....sounds like a good turnout.
Old 2006.01.31, 08:50 PM   #12
TheApe
The Hebrew Hammer

Hey atl, its me from ***********, i got my 02 today, sadly i wont be able to make it out to the next race, as i am going to the circus with my girlfriend....
TheApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.31, 08:59 PM   #13
Mzfreak

Send a message via AIM to Mzfreak Send a message via Yahoo to Mzfreak
hey guys.

Patrik: i think ill be able to make it on the 12th.

Shaun: I might just buy the corvette body because i already have the mercedes project car i've been working on. thanks

-Andy-
Old 2006.01.31, 09:26 PM   #14
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheApe
Hey atl, its me from ***********, i got my 02 today, sadly i wont be able to make it out to the next race, as i am going to the circus with my girlfriend....
Glad to see you made it to our forum here! We'll hold another race a couple of weeks after the 2/12 race. Hope you can make it then! Have fun at the circus... and keep a close eye on your girlfriend... you know, those evil circus clowns and all.
Old 2006.01.31, 09:27 PM   #15
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfreak
hey guys.

Patrik: i think ill be able to make it on the 12th.

Shaun: I might just buy the corvette body because i already have the mercedes project car i've been working on. thanks

-Andy-
Sounds cool Andy! Look forward to seeing you again!