Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.05.13, 08:44 AM   #1
TopKatz

Ferrari 360 and random stuff...

Hay guys, and gals..

I have a 360, and I have started to tweek it a little. I just got a Megatech(GPM) mono shock for the rear. I was wondering if any other 360 owners have tryed this shock, or any. The shock seams a little short. The H-bar get some strees put on it just to conect the shock up. Then when i put the body on, the shock touches the body, efectivly negating any movment of the shock.... It fits, but it becomes usless... Im going to fiddle with it some more..but I dont know if it will ever realy work due to the low profile body of the 360.

I primarily run on hardwood, and the stock tires realy suck for this. So I got a couple sets of tires to try out. Right now I have recived a set of megatech v-groove tires, and some supper sticky keyosha tires. The kyosha ones dont fit on the rear rims of the 360(way to small) the Megatech rears fit good, and provide much improved traction on the hard wood floors in my house. The front megatechs are to wide, and rub a little while turning hard. I have a set of d6 intergy wheels/tires comming, but I dont knwo if they will work or not yet.

I was wondiring if any of you knew what tires I should be using?

Thanx in advance!
TopKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.13, 09:58 AM   #2
W-tone

I drive on a similar surface and I have GPM foams on my 360 rims, nice, but not as nice as squat foam tires.
Hope you got the wide version of the D6 wheels 'cause if you didn't they will look bad on the modena.

Kyosho oil shock seems to work fine (now I got it set up reasonably)

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny..."
W-tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.13, 10:37 AM   #3
TopKatz

I fiddled around with the shock a little more. i backed off the plastic part a little on the shaft, and I got the h-gar to be flat. The shock still is against the body though..which alows for no traver...it is like no up/down travel right now. Kinda a bummer.

I put the kyosha sticky tires on the front, and the megatech v-groov soft componds ont eh rear...it is gripping very good now.

Im fairly sure I got the wide d6 wheels and tires. If not Ill put them up on e-bay or some thing.

Im not sure what to do about the shock...Im sure it would work realy good with another body...i sorta like that little pugot body... that would definitly have enuff clerance in the back.
Old 2002.05.13, 12:21 PM   #4
323iT
Hit the Boost!!!

Send a message via AIM to 323iT
i heard about problems w/ s2000 body and that shock. thats why i use mostly kyosho parts cuz they won't have problems like this.
Kyosho Rear shock and Roll shocks
Kyosho front stabilizer
Kyosho Kingpin and front springs
TopCAD alloy bulkhead
TopCAD alloy motor mount(silver)
Energizer NiMH
my pics
323iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.13, 12:32 PM   #5
TopKatz

I dont see how any rear shock would work properly...there is just no room above the motor clip...
Old 2002.05.13, 02:18 PM   #6
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
I have a 360 body too. I have the kyosho non-oil damper and an apex turbo R. I have the same problem you do with the shock hitting the rear window, but I had to make my own shock mount for the GPM motor mount. Maybe that has something to do with it. I could bend it down a little, but oh well....it doesn't make that much of a difference because I can't use the body because of my turbo anyway...too big!!!! argh...

--------------------------------------------
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.13, 02:45 PM   #7
TopKatz

I have the eagle turbo..it fits fine.... it is just the shock that does not fit...like I said..I dont think any shock would work right with teh 360 body...
Old 2002.05.14, 01:25 AM   #8
herman

i know what shock works with the 360 body... it's the shock you get when you purchase the the rear shock and find out that you can't use it... i.e."i'm shocked"... er just kidding... that shock is kind of picky... i suggest either selling it or get another body that will have enough room in the back...

i've got a modena too and just run it with a carbon h-bar without any shocks... i do think you can put in the roll shock though

Last edited by herman; 2002.05.14 at 01:36 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.15, 07:47 PM   #9
TopKatz

I got a light set from d****** to put in my 360...

ummmm...no chance. There is not enuff room in there for there light set(I already have a eagle booster in there). It is way to tight. Im going to have to cusom rig the whole thing to make it work. Figures. I swear not one thing has worked out well with my mini-z...........
Old 2002.05.15, 11:59 PM   #10
herman

I swear not one thing has worked out well with my mini-z...........

hmm... sorry to hear that.... what do you got in it anyway? if you put in a light set and a turbo, i can imagine it'll get really tight in there...

before there was any gpm stuff around, i modified one of my z's (subaru) with all of the kyosho parts available... didn't have any problem there...

if you get any gpm parts, (as i later did) make sure that they're compatible with the other parts... some gpm motor mounts for example will not work with the kyosho stock motor, or with the kyosho rear shock.

as i've mentioned i run my modena with a carbon h-plate, and in addition to that i've put in bearings,a ball diff, an x-speed and a turbo... had no problems there... do you really need a rear shock? i'm pretty sure that a roll shock will fit in there, but not too sure that the rear shock will...

unless you do some serious racing, i don't think the rear shock would matter too much... if you do race though, i would recommend that you get a clk body, it can take most of the hop ups with room to spare...

keep the faith, necessity is the mother of invention...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.05.16, 04:11 PM   #11
TopKatz

Well..I got the lights installed... I just had to move the booster a little. It is ver tight but it all works. I even managed to increase teh mini-z's reception. I cliped off the antena wires little braket, and soldered on a 10 inch peice of wire...then I just ran it through the top hole of the bare metal wire antena. Now I get descent range again...

The mono shock is never going to work.... no big deal because I got a carbon fiber h-bar, and it works good...

Next Im going to find a way to run the booster/light wires in the chasei some how...they are sort of all over the place right now
Old 2002.05.21, 12:18 PM   #12
Neffarious

I have a modena with roll shocks (kyosho) Eagle turbo and a GPM oil shock. Stock motor mount. All works fine. The GPM iol shock has a rotatable (if that's a word) pillar with an angle on it ti compensate for long bodies. I ordered the Oil shock from Hong Kong tho...