Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.08.17, 09:25 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Spam IP Bans

just a notice to everyone, in order to more effectively combat spam we have had to include broader IP bans. this mostly affects east indian, asian ip codes as a majority of spam is coming from this area. if you attempt to login and receive a message that your IP has been banned, simply email or message support and or a moderator to have this cleared up for you. it is not intentional so don't take it personally.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.19, 01:10 PM   #2
boohoo
team xi

spam coming from russia is quite bad right now as ive found out on another site i mod for.

so you may want to add that area to your list i can get ip`s for you if needed.
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.22, 01:45 PM   #3
briankstan

a good source for spam ip's is stopforumspam.com I've also had to add some blocks to my site because of the stupid spammers.
Old 2011.08.23, 08:59 AM   #4
egonzalez

Integrate a Captcha
This is the most effective way to prevent forum bots from Spamming.

THE PLACE FOR EVERYTHING RC

www.majsrc.com

Friday Night Mini-z Racing 7PM

<<< Team Driver for MHS / R1Wurks / DG DESIGNS >>>
egonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.23, 10:46 AM   #5
arch2b

in reality, it doesn't function as well as it claims. you still get bots/people getting through and registrations all day long.
Old 2011.08.23, 11:17 AM   #6
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

One of the best tools available to us is our membership in general and our core user/members in particular. Help us by promptly reporting anything that you see that is out of the ordinary. Help us by refraining from using blanket direct links to other sites which make us vulnerable to back linking (the favorite approach through f***b**k). This year I personally have banned over 17,000 spammers from this forum alone. Another 11,000 from TRC and now almost 2,000 from MRCC and Half 8 just this month alone. Yesterday and today TRC is getting hammered by an Eastern European group that has no scrupples at all based on the $h1t they are trying to post.

The economic state of the World has people doing things to survive that they might not ordinarilly do to put food on the table.

When you find your paypal account screwed up or your identity in limbo think about the direct links you may have clicked on or passed along.

If you should find yourself unable to log in and you get a message that says your IP is banned just let us know. We are working hard to find ways to keep MZR and the related forums a clean and safe place to be.

Nuff said.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2011.08.23 at 11:21 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 02:18 PM   #7
arch2b

JUST A REMINDER

if you or someone you know finds their ip address has been banned, it's likely not a result of their actions but that of someone having once used, spoofing their ip address. simply email a moderators to inquire about having the issue corrected. since ip's are typically dynamic, chances are someone will rotate onto a banned ip address. it happens.
Old 2011.11.16, 08:59 AM   #8
deloreanaka8

Send a message via MSN to deloreanaka8
It seems to me, at least from what I'm experiencing, that I can't login when I'm using mobile pendrive net service at work.
Just keep getting the "IP adress banned" message.
It's really weird, though... at home I can login and post, so is this forum forbidden of mobile pen access?
Old 2011.11.16, 09:02 AM   #9
arch2b

see previous posts...

Quote:
JUST A REMINDER

if you or someone you know finds their ip address has been banned, it's likely not a result of their actions but that of someone having once used, spoofing their ip address. simply email a moderators to inquire about having the issue corrected. since ip's are typically dynamic, chances are someone will rotate onto a banned ip address. it happens.
Old 2011.11.16, 09:19 AM   #10
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloreanaka8 View Post
It seems to me, at least from what I'm experiencing, that I can't login when I'm using mobile pendrive net service at work.
Just keep getting the "IP adress banned" message.
It's really weird, though... at home I can login and post, so is this forum forbidden of mobile pen access?
I discussed this with you by email. The IP in question was blocked due to attempts to post material that is not suitable to the forums.

A solution is being worked on as we speak but in the meantime please bear with us.
Old 2011.11.16, 09:25 AM   #11
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

To all of our members that are experiencing steady or intermittent difficulties when signing in.

A group of spammers has buried us with unsuitable material which resulted in several IP's being completely blocked and several others to be restricted in an attempt keep them from infecting the forums.

I have been in contact with some of you that have had these issues. I hope that all of the members that have concerns with signing in will understand.

This is hopefully a brief temporary measure. It is being worked on.

Thanks all for co operating and understanding.
Old 2012.09.20, 05:07 AM   #12
arch2b

We do not use regional ip bans as a practice. If you have found yourself blocked it is because you are using an ip address or range that has been added due to spam. As most do not have static ip address, this may and does happen. Contact a moderator and we will clear up the conflict as they occur.
Old 2017.02.04, 02:52 AM   #13
TheSteve
VE7FM

Hi guys,

I am getting banned IP messages quite often when using a cellular provider for my internet. The provider often uses IPV6 addresses. The last banned address I had a problem with is:
2605:8d80:4a3:b7bc:bd44:f650:e168:7d1

Can you unblock this range of IP's?

I emailed once about it but never heard back.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.04, 10:38 AM   #14
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
Hi guys,

I am getting banned IP messages quite often when using a cellular provider for my internet. The provider often uses IPV6 addresses. The last banned address I had a problem with is:
2605:8d80:4a3:b7bc:bd44:f650:e168:7d1

Can you unblock this range of IP's?

I emailed once about it but never heard back.
i'm not familiar with that format, the forum software works with the following format, example: 242.21.11.7
if you can provide this format, i can look into it.
Old 2017.02.04, 12:29 PM   #15
TheSteve
VE7FM

I suspect that is the problem. The IP address example you gave is the IPV4 standard - which is what we are all used to. But because there is a shortage of IP addresses there are now also IPV6 addresses which are in the format I listed. They have been used for several years now and will be more common place day to day.
The forum software likely has no idea how to properly deal with them and causes a false pattern match.
Today my IP is: 2605:8d80:482:a0e4:9d76:e94e:6e0:694a and it is working fine.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote