Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.27, 08:41 PM   #1
SteelHead

Iwaver 1/16th Buggy

Any one see this yet?
Saw it in Iwaver's E bay store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a02101763a.jpg (178.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg a02101763d.jpg (67.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg a02101763er.jpg (81.1 KB, 62 views)
SteelHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 09:17 PM   #2
Sasquatch

Send a message via MSN to Sasquatch
Yup, thats the Nanodragon. A clone of the Mini-Inferno from Kyosho. From pictures, it looks like it has a 3-wire servo, which means individual components instead of the integrated ESC/Receiver thing like in the Mini-T and Mini-Inferno.

$50 bucks to boot too, should be a good contender; shame the body is poop-ugly (we need to stop using butt-ugly, have you seen some of the butts out there? woowee)
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 09:28 PM   #3
tzero
Team Nomadio 007

Send a message via AIM to tzero Send a message via Yahoo to tzero
Thats kinda cool hope its not a hunk of junk.
Old 2006.02.28, 07:51 AM   #4
reggiethedorf
Registered Looser

Send a message via MSN to reggiethedorf
if i were Iwaver i would offer the nanodragon in a pro version with all the hopups in addition to the basic 50 dollar version. i know id get one
reggiethedorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.01, 09:16 AM   #5
tzero
Team Nomadio 007

Send a message via AIM to tzero Send a message via Yahoo to tzero
They changed the price on e b a y its $9.99 and $82 for shipping. lol
Old 2006.03.01, 11:56 AM   #6
machine
learning the hard way

I got one coming in this month sometime just to check it out. Apart from the street tires and "poo" ugly body it could be a new contender for the 1/16th crowd. Also the parts fit the mini-inferno (go figure).
Old 2006.03.01, 08:19 PM   #7
beanoman

Cool machine, I think most people would be intrested to hear if the quality is there this time around.
beanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.02, 10:36 AM   #8
machine
learning the hard way

I don't doubt that it will be there from the start, i've order alot of new items from them inthe past with 100% sucess. Vstank Pro's for example not a flaw with anyone of them.
Old 2006.03.18, 11:15 AM   #9
machine
learning the hard way

So i got my new nanodragon today and I'll write up a review or a video review (getting all fancy) this up coming week. But in the mean time here's a quick run down.

It's 1/16th scale 4wd buggy. It's a solid and heavy platform, runs on 6 AA batteries is AM and is ready to run. Slap the decals on the not so great looking body and off you go. The tires are even glued on for you. It looks quite abit like the Kyosho Mini Inferno, there are differences but the majority of parts are interchangable.

It's got ok speed on the 6 AA but i'm building 2 packs, a 6 cell KAN and a 8 cell KAN. Well see about power than. It runs on a 350 motor and it has the potiential to rock, if you know how to tune a motor.

Had it out at the shop tonight and it handled a few flights of stairs out side with out a problem.

It comes with spring shocks, took those off right away for oil shocks, also added bearings in the wheels, as it comes with bearings in all the diffs. You figured they have put them in the wheels as well, go figure... I also put in some CVDs, the option parts are all 3 racing and fit like a glove. I'm going to test it big time tomorrow and take some shots.

got some stills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0583.JPG (109.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0584.JPG (119.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0585.JPG (113.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0587.JPG (126.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0587.JPG (126.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 2006.03.18, 01:16 PM   #10
Axiom

anxiously waiting for your follow-up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
So i got my new nanodragon today and I'll write up a review or a video review (getting all fancy) this up coming week. But in the mean time here's a quick run down.

It's 1/16th scale 4wd buggy. It's a solid and heavy platform, runs on 6 AA batteries is AM and is ready to run. Slap the decals on the not so great looking body and off you go. The tires are even glued on for you. It looks quite abit like the Kyosho Mini Inferno, there are differences but the majority of parts are interchangable.

It's got ok speed on the 6 AA but i'm building 2 packs, a 6 cell KAN and a 8 cell KAN. Well see about power than. It runs on a 350 motor and it has the potiential to rock, if you know how to tune a motor.

Had it out at the shop tonight and it handled a few flights of stairs out side with out a problem.

It comes with spring shocks, took those off right away for oil shocks, also added bearings in the wheels, as it comes with bearings in all the diffs. You figured they have put them in the wheels as well, go figure... I also put in some CVDs, the option parts are all 3 racing and fit like a glove. I'm going to test it big time tomorrow and take some shots.

got some stills.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.18, 04:00 PM   #11
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have the kyosho h8 and mine stays indoors for the most part so i would actually like to get the street tires. if anyone wants to trade let me know (tires).

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...85&ppuser=1001

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.03.18 at 04:19 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.20, 10:34 PM   #12
machine
learning the hard way

I did add another 2 cells to my battery pack, i'm now running 8 on the stock esc. Works perfectly and gives it a ton more jump. The buggy really comes to life with an 8 cell pack. Only now it's a tank.

The stock tires are great at the cement park, lots of grip. But on the dirt they like to spin. I'm going to put on my half 8 tires next time out and try again. Also the servo is alittle weak on the rough stuff. The buggy wanders alittle more than i like. One goes a HS-81mg this weekend.

Let's see, i've tumbled it off the table top and doubles, smacked a fence post (my bad ran behind a tree) and smoked a rock in the grass straight on. The only thing broken is my rear wing, and it's only broken alittle.

No vids yet, maybe tomorrow. After adding the 8th cell i really like it. It's a tonne of fun so far.
Old 2006.03.20, 11:29 PM   #13
michvin

i surely hope they got it right this time....
Old 2006.03.21, 11:45 AM   #14
machine
learning the hard way

So far so good, it's a bigger scale so maybe they can see what they are doing better? yuk yuk yuk

To keep the wieght down i'm going to go the lipo route and stick with the stock motor.
Old 2006.04.13, 07:15 AM   #15
Whitie

I got one of these in the mail and its not bad. Transmitter is decent, and the chassis and other components seem to be pretty sturdy. But i had a problem with my stock electronics. When i would "full throttle" off of the "line" it would just sit and sort os studder. But that really wasnt an issue because i have a Castle Creations Mamba 8000kv brushless system. Im also building a 3 cell, li-ion pack for it, im just waiting on a new receiver. Ill have an update soon.
Whitie is offline   Reply With Quote