Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.08.04, 05:26 PM   #61
saiyan
BooYa!!

Look what i just got in the mail...........

And no it won't be raced just yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My mini-z collection 017 sm.JPG (25.6 KB, 22 views)
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.06, 11:11 PM   #62
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay, after some thinking, i've descided to stick with my wide L and plan to purchase at least 1 more. Hopefully i can get 2 more, but we'll see. The reason is this, With the wide L we can race Dustyweasel's 1:14 F1 cars as well as 1:18 cars like the HPI micro wich will get us a wider range of micro racers to join our "club". So i will keep my wide L and will be expanding on it soon.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.08.06, 11:58 PM   #63
DigitalMafia

You think the 1:14 Carisma F1 will fit on it? Would be cool.
Love your new body and the work you did on your other car.
DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.07, 03:26 AM   #64
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

(Busy week, I’m back)

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing Saiyan! I was preparing to test the 1:14 F1’s out on my WalMart tiles today, but couldn’t get it set up before the storm clouds rolled in.

When running on concrete/asphalt I’ve found they need a minimum of 3ft lanes, so an outside corner radius of 3ft as well. And that was for one car. 6ft lanes were better for two. To get up to full speed the straights needs to be 100ft, 50ft for a short straight.

So, ultimately RCP will probably be impractical for the Carisma F1’s, but barring weather I’ll give it a test tomorrow. At least we still have the massive parking lot and corner dots during the winter weeks.

I don’t know how the 1:18th would handle on it since I’ve never driven one. I saw some pictures of just that in the gallery though. Looked like Mini-Zs on an M96.

I’m still inclined to go with M96. Twice the corners and we can widen as needed with expansion tiles.

I figured out a way we can test narrow lane racing using the Wide L. Use single wide tiles alternating the wall holes from one side to the other. The un-bolted walls are held in place by their neighbors. Not quite the same width as an M96, but close enough to see if it’ll work. Let’s try that next time we GTG.

I got the ideas from this image of an M96 done up the same way, making it smaller for 1:43rds. http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/RCP-Tracks/MVC_448F

Thanks for the invite Brian. I expect to be in ‘crunch’ hours at work during that time and probably won’t even get to race locally though. My travel budget is tied up with my honeymoon anyway. My Wife is planning our trip to Scotland. It’s been on hold for nine years now. Finally have the money saved up… barely.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.08.07, 06:15 PM   #65
saiyan
BooYa!!

Dustyweasel, you know your cars better then I, but i know the 1:18 will fit. I was thinking of doing either 1 wide L and an expansion pack or 2 wide Ls. With the expansion pack, i would be willing to sacrifice 2 tiles to come up with some sort of 'adaptor' piece to connect the mini-96 tiles to the wide L.
Old 2005.08.08, 01:54 AM   #66
saiyan
BooYa!!

There is a wide L and wide oval on e b a y right now, in an auction together.
Old 2005.08.09, 12:43 AM   #67
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

The video from the narrow track test using the 1:14 Carisma F1 is up. The surface was quite uneven as my lawn is overdue for mowing. That made it a little harder to drive, especially with the tiny light weight Z as you’ll see. (These are the 2ft Wal-Mart tiles).

1:14 Carisma- I took it slow to get used to the track:
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/SlowAndCautious.mov

1:14 Carisma- I gave it full throttle on the straights, but only for a second before braking into the turn. The car does not reach full speed. For those unfamiliar with the Carismas, they can hit around 20mph:
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/FloorIt.mov

1:28 Mini-Z- Weeeeeeee! Uneven and off-camber slopes made this a handful.
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/Mini-Z_Run.mov

Also attached are a couple stills from the test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LongOval_Carisma.jpg (124.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg TeamMcLaren.jpg (73.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 2005.08.09, 01:17 AM   #68
saiyan
BooYa!!

Hey DW, the video links aren't workin for me. I'll try them tomarrow and see what happens. The pics look good and it almost looks like Florida in your back yard.
Old 2005.08.09, 02:25 AM   #69
DigitalMafia

Dusty,
Your having waaaayy to much fun over at your place Racing your carismas inthat parking lot was huge fun man.

DM.
Old 2005.08.09, 02:28 AM   #70
DigitalMafia

Ahh Saiyan,

I noticed someone is bidding on a FORD FOCUS body...hope you win man-would be fun to race em side by side.
dm.
Old 2005.08.09, 03:11 AM   #71
saiyan
BooYa!!

That some one is me at the moment.
Old 2005.08.10, 04:26 PM   #72
saiyan
BooYa!!

Would anybody be up for racin this Saturday?
Old 2005.08.11, 03:08 AM   #73
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Can’t wait to run on RCP again. I’m anxious to try the narrow 1-tile test to simulate a Mini-96. I’ve resolved to get track by mid September so I can use it over my (not-yet-approved-schedule-dependant) vacation.

If we can’t get the club house/want to save money, we’re welcome to use my house again (very convenient for me ). We can use the driveway or, now that my lawn’s been mowed, the slightly cooler back yard. Though we’d need a couple flood lights after dark. There’s always the garage if it rains (haha…“if”).

If we meet outdoors we could try 5:00pm. It’s cooling better in the evenings now, and if we go in my back yard there’s some shade by then. Hopefully not many mosquitoes. 5:00 would give us that much more time anyway.

It kills me that at work we have plenty of large usable areas, but I can’t let anyone in. Our Motion-Capture studio is practically one giant foam mat.
Old 2005.08.11, 10:09 PM   #74
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I just went out into my back yard here at 7:00pm and it was down right nice out, if a tad humid.

I bid on that G’Zox on eBay but lost by $1.00. Oh well, I plan on getting the Lamborghini next and run that while I paint the McLaren. When that’s done I’ll paint the Lambo like the real AMLS car.

I talked the finances over with the Wife and I’m looking into getting the Core lap counter in addition to some RCP. Man, and I thought my R/C planes were expensive.
Old 2005.08.12, 03:44 AM   #75
saiyan
BooYa!!

Don't you hate that when it's just by a smidge that some one else gets the auction.

How much does a Core system cost? If when you order it, we can all get our transponder cards at the same time. I would want to get at least 1 for every chassis so that i wouldn't have to worry about keeping track of them.

We can always light a citronella candle to keep any 'skeeters' at bay.

Have you descided yet on wich track your gonna go with, mini-96 or Wide L?