Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.27, 03:50 AM   #1
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Innaugeral AZGT

Now that we have a Core lap counter, miles of RCP track, and a stable of really cool cars, lets put our skills too the test with a points series. Can we get the clubhouse this weekend? If not my driveway is open. It's not quite cool out yet, but not terrible. Also the below schedule would have to be moved to sunset.

The Innaugeral Running of the
Arizona Grand Touring
C h a m p i o n s h i p

------------------------------------------------
12 Rounds
Series to be run every other Saturday for six weeks. Each race day holds two races. The first a counter-clockwise Petite Le Mans style race, the second a short clockwise sprint race.

Round 11 (week six) will be a one hour Le Mans endurance race. Round 12 will be a 100 lap sprint.

Scoring
Each race scores using the older FIA scale (since our club isn’t that big yet):
1st = 10
2nd = 6
3rd = 4
4th = 3
5th = 2
6th = 1

Rain Delay
If the lap counter or sufficient RCP track is not available, that official race will be postponed until the next race weekend.
Any of the four core Mini-AZ members may call for an official race to be postponed due to scheduling conflicts.

Classes and Restrictions
This will be a somewhat informal series without any strict inspection or separate classes, though drivers are encouraged to run stock motors to keep things fair and even. In a 30’x 30’ space we don’t really need to go all that fast.

Drivers may change cars from race to race, but are encouraged to run the same one throughout the series.

Any suspension setup is allowed. Rubber tyres only, no foams. Any battery is allowed except Lithium Ion.

Qualifying
Le Mans
Once a car enters the track for Qualifying, no further adjustments are allowed and batteries may not be changed or charged. Once the race starts drivers may pit normally for any adjustments or battery changes.

Sprint
Same as Le Mans except cars may be adjusted during the five minute session. Batteries may not be changed or charged until pitting during the race.

When a car completes qualifying, it is impounded in Parc Ferme until drivers are called to grid for the race.

Race Weekend Schedule
10:00-11:00am Track assembly and Open Testing (counter-clockwise)
Practice (Core telemetry)- 30 minutes.
Qualifying- 5 Lap individual run. Grid by best time.
Race- Staggered standing start. 30min Petite Le Mans (lap limit = 30min/best Practice time).

Lunch/war stories/damage assessment- 1hr

(Track direction reversed, clockwise)
Practice (Core telemetry) -30min
Qualifying- 5min open, all cars may run at any time. Grid by best time.
Race- Double-file rolling start. 50 lap sprint.
(Note: If rolling starts prove problematic, we’ll revert to staggered standing starts).
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.27, 05:23 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
good luck adn i wish you the best of luck look forward to all the race reports
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.27, 11:56 PM   #3
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well i've reserved and paid for the clubhouse this Saturday, so it's a go for A/C and pit tables and descent lighting. So i'll see ya'll there.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.03, 02:38 AM   #4
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Holy smokes that was fun! The first running of the AZGT Championship went great. We have a new member that’s joined us which brought the field for the Round 1 Petite Le Mans to five cars. And later a guest brought his kid who drove pretty well considering it was his first time out. That made for an active six car field for the Round 2 Sprint.

My McLaren was hooked up and ran smooth all day, despite absolutely destroying the new Delrin 7T pinion. I’m guessing the stock 7T/8T MM motor plates don’t work well with the 7T. Dink was hot on my heels much of the time, but had a bit of a traction roll problem. Saiyan’s car was a bullet on the straights.

DM’s Stratos looks like it should be a Garage Queen, but thankfully isn’t. It seemed like every time he got sideways my car was there to T-bone him. I didn’t want to put a mark on it.

The new member, Mark, qualified with a troubled Audi. But by the time we were ready to race he had built an entire new car from other parts (started at the back of the field of course). He finished last in the Le Mans but the new car was much better. In the second race (50 lap Sprint) he made it to 2nd.

Remember that ‘rolling start’ idea for the Sprint race? Yeah, ok, not in Mini-Z land. We piled up in Turn 1 rolling at pace speed. So, we’ll be going to standing starts for both races.

The stress of the battery rule, the different qualifying styles, reversing the track for the Sprint, six car field, it all worked great. This was the most fun I’ve had racing Mini-Z’s… ever!

Results for Week 1 (of 6):

Le Mans, Round 1
......................Qual...Fin
Dusty Weasle.....2.......1
Dink..................1.......2
Saiyan..............3.......3
Digital Mofia......4.......4
Mark.................5.......5

Sprint, Round 2
.......................Qual...Fin
Dusty Weasle.....1........1
Mark.................5........2
Saiyan..............3........3
Dink..................2........4
Digital Mofia......4........5
Justin (guest).....6........6

Total Points Standing
Dusty Weasle.....20
Dink....................9
Saiyan................8
Mark...................8
Digital Mofia........5
Justin..................1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP_Stereo.jpg (52.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Stratos.jpg (93.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg KingOfTheRoll.jpg (72.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg PurtyScreen.jpg (80.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 2005.10.03, 02:40 AM   #5
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

And the rest of the pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigWheel.jpg (55.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg TheNewGuy.jpg (83.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg TheRookie.jpg (94.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg AssigningWavFiles.jpg (82.0 KB, 56 views)
Old 2005.10.04, 12:29 AM   #6
DigitalMafia

Man great pics and a great race review.
The race was very fun and with the addition of a very stoked racer we have a solid group of 5 now. It wont be long until we get a few more. I brought a few friends (one whos 10 yr old raced and loved it!) and they were pretty amazed at the clubhouse-track and core system-really pro. Dusty is realy great at running the core and events and we manage to keep it light in between and often during our races-good fun- good competition. The core system is the best-really takes the 4 wide L race track experience to another level. Now we just need a 42 inch flat screen and surround sound to display it all! (Dusty uses a modded female voice as the announcer...its cool).

Thanks to eveyone for the good times.

DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.12, 11:25 PM   #7
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Rounds 3 and 4

It’s time to figure out our schedule routine. Are we continuing on Saturdays? Switching to Sundays? Skipping this week so the potential new sixth guy can join next week?

I like the Saturday races since I have Sunday to sleep in, unpack, watch NASCAR/F1/WRC/ALMS, etc. But if Sunday allows more people to join then that’s fine as well.

So when are we running Rounds 3 and 4 of the AZGT? I’m itchin’ to score more points.
Old 2005.10.13, 11:29 AM   #8
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well i have plans to go to a gaming party Saturday at 7pm. So i wasn't planning to race this Saturday. I would be up for racing next Saturday for sure, i would even be up for some this Sunday. I was thinking about doing another D.R.T.C.C. Saturday morning, but that's still in the air. I'll talk to the wife and see what are sched is for this Sat. and maybe i could do something in the morn/afternoon. I have not secured the clubhouse, but depending on the sched i'll see if i still can. I'll let ya know.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.10.13, 01:14 PM   #9
DigitalMafia

Hey Guys,

Well the good news is we sold our company:

Press Release

We are taking all of our shareholders (not too many of us ) to Vegas for a high roller weekend thing. So I will not be able to race this weekend, but will be back - with TONS of new parts n stuff (my f1 wil have proper tires...)-the following saturday.

I will be attending the Mario Andretti Racing School Friday and rolling an Indy-style open wheel race car at 150 MPH...Sweet.
Cheers,
DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.13, 01:35 PM   #10
saiyan
BooYa!!

Aw man! That will be so awsome . I looked into that too . If you go through it all you can get your race license. But i think it's an all week deal and like $5k, but you get to run the whole course by yourself as fast as you can handle on the last day. SWEEETTT!!!!!! I should be getting my F1 amyday now, so there'll be some compitition for ya next gtg.
Old 2005.10.13, 03:28 PM   #11
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Ok, with DM out of town during a points chase, and other events competing for Saturday, we’ll skip this week altogether. My Wife is dragging me off to help at one of her activities Saturday. I was hoping to race so I could get out of it

Can’t wait for next week. I want points, feed me points!

We still need to decide on Saturday (22nd) or Sunday (23rd). Dink, what is that guy’s schedule limitations?
Old 2005.10.13, 04:48 PM   #12
saiyan
BooYa!!

If i remember right, it was just the switching of the week-ends that would work best for him. I'll let Dink know if he has not been on mini-zracer lately about the sched change, he'll be comin to the gaming party anyway. Then he can tell todd and get him to show up.

Next week-end sounds good to me for getting more points . I need to get a couple of top podium finishes .
Old 2005.10.19, 02:04 AM   #13
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

It’s time to start planning. Saturday 22nd, or switch to Sundays and run on the 23rd?

Given the time preferences we worked out last time, let’s bump the schedule up an hour, making track assembly and open testing 11:00am-12:00pm.

I snagged some new sound files from our Audio Department to improve a couple of the Core sound effects (still featuring the digital British babe, Audrey). I also updated and expanded the car picture files, so now we should see the correct car label on the leader board.

Saiyan, do you have your 3rd Wide L yet? I can start designing to use those components. Brian also has several 5-L designs at the SLC club site to draw on.
Old 2005.10.19, 11:36 PM   #14
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
that "big wheel" audi looks sweet... it doesn't sit the best but there is something that really catches the eye!
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.19, 11:49 PM   #15
saiyan
BooYa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty-Se7en
that "big wheel" audi looks sweet... it doesn't sit the best but there is something that really catches the eye!
What???

I'll be going to the property managemnet place tomarrow to reserve the clubhouse for this week-end. I'll plan for Saturday unless everyone wants to do Sunday.

I do have the 3rd wide L, but digitalmafia expressed interest in it so i've not even opened the box yet.