Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.10.21, 08:49 AM   #16
saiyan
BooYa!!

This is alpha team, the clubhouse has been secured. Repeat, the clubhouse has been secured.

I've been playing some shooters on my PS2 lately incase you're wondering.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.21, 09:41 AM   #17
briankstan

Mini-AZ website

I was just looking around your site. it's looking great. I have been following your club developement and it looks like you guys are doing great, and getting some new members, Lots of new Tracks, and a Core Timing System.

So What do you guys think of the RCP Tracks? are you glad you decided to go with the wide L tracks? How about that Core Timing System? is sure is great that any club can get all the equipment that they need for some competitive professional racing, with out robbing a bank.

I'm kind of envy you though, with you having the availability to race inside. I'm still looking for a indoor location that won't be too expensive to discourage people from comming. I don't want it to be more than $5.00 a person + the Championship series Fee. (to pay for trophies)

Keep up all the good work, and thanks for posting my site under your club links. I'll return the favor and add yours to my links page.

it makes it easy for anyone looking for something in their area to find what's out there.

Brian
Old 2005.10.21, 08:15 PM   #18
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

AZGT Week 2

Week 2: Rounds 3 and 4 are on for Saturday at the clubhouse.
Track assembly and open testing are at 11:00am-12:00, otherwise the schedule remains the same as before.

If anyone still has a Core telemetry tag from last time, please remember to bring them. I think Mark has the only outstanding one. I updated the others with new and/or correct car pictures and data, so the leader board will display the correct images.

I’m working on a new track design using a decreasing radius carousel, should be a blast. I’m at work until late tonight though, so I won’t get to post the completed track until very late tonight.

I also printed a test sheet of sponsor banners to put on the RCP walls.

Thanks Brian. We’re very happy with the RCP track and the Core Lap Counter. Best decision we made. The DIY track I was building would have worked eventually, but would have been far more trouble than it was worth. The RCP is quick, easy, and due to its popularity, widely compatible. The Core system has performed trouble free and allowed us to concentrate on the fun of racing.

The indoor racing is pretty indispensable here in Phoenix. It’s still projected to be in the 90’s this weekend. Hot, but chilly compared to the 115’s we were getting. The clubhouse is expensive for a small group, but better than heat/bugs/weather. As it cools off though we could do some driveway/backyard races.

I’ve been meaning to talk to the city run community center near my house about getting indoor space for the club. Put my taxes to work if possible.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.22, 04:25 AM   #19
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Here ya’ go- “The Grand Carousel”

The highlight of this track is its two carousel turns, one decreasing radius and one increasing radius. And remember, the track direction is reversed for the Sprint round.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP4x_Layout08.jpg (94.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 2005.10.23, 12:45 AM   #20
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Since Mark couldn’t make it and DM is MIA, we decided to skip the points battle today and just ran the All Star Race. It just wouldn’t be as much fun for just a few to get an artificial boost in points that way.

The dual carousel layout was a lot of fun. Challenging to set up well through the variable corners to set good speed on the next straight. We stuck to the same Le Mans/Sprint format. Both races finished Dink 1st, Dusty 2nd, Saiyan 3rd. If we had raced for points the standings would be Dusty: 32, Dink: 29, Saiyan: 16.

We’re starting to get populated with F1’s, so we'll be running an F1 series before long (great, now I have to buy ANOTHER Mini-Z). Pictured is Saiyan’s new Williams BMW in front of my latest RCP experiment: Wall Banners.

I’ve only applied that one set of wall banners as an experiment. They are printed on InkJet label paper, sealed with Krylon Crystal Clear, then just stuck on the wall. They held up well, but I don’t think any cars even hit them.

We will resume the AZGT Championship points chase at the next race in two weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FreeAdvertising.jpg (98.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg GarageArea.jpg (111.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 2005.10.23, 09:43 AM   #21
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have alot of presized rail banners i can email you if you wish? how did you stick the paper to the rails? nice idea about lear coating them... i applied mine by placing them on a strand of packing tape and then applied the tape to the rails. it held up well but the tape eventuall peels away i've taken them all off and have not tried anything else yet
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.23, 01:43 PM   #22
machine
learning the hard way

Looks like things are really rolling in AZ.

Arch,
can you email me the banners? I'm making a track at my shop and would like to add a few things for the scale look.
Old 2005.10.23, 03:21 PM   #23
arch2b

here are some examples of installed banners, this page and the few preceeedign and maybe following

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album194?page=4
Old 2005.10.23, 03:45 PM   #24
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i have alot of presized rail banners i can email you if you wish? how did you stick the paper to the rails? nice idea about lear coating them... i applied mine by placing them on a strand of packing tape and then applied the tape to the rails. it held up well but the tape eventuall peels away i've taken them all off and have not tried anything else yet
I would also like them. will you email them to me when you get them time.

Thanks

Brian
Old 2005.10.24, 10:52 PM   #25
DigitalMafia

Glad you like the site briankstan - its going to get some more love soon.

I had a crap weekend and missed the racing (sorry guys). Between a bad raid crash at work and me and my 9 month old being sick my weekend is one I wish to forget
DM will, however, be ready to roll for the next one.

Sai-do you still have that extra rcp wide L? I would like to take it off your hands so I can start tire testing in my garage

OMG...is that a new F1 addition to the club.....YEA!!!!! F1 racing AZ style.

Cheers,
DM.

Last edited by DigitalMafia; 2005.10.24 at 10:54 PM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.25, 05:15 AM   #26
arch2b

well, everyone should have the banners. i hope you can find a use for them. be sure to post on how they turn out and your installation tips
Old 2005.10.25, 10:24 AM   #27
saiyan
BooYa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMafia
Glad you like the site briankstan - its going to get some more love soon.

I had a crap weekend and missed the racing (sorry guys). Between a bad raid crash at work and me and my 9 month old being sick my weekend is one I wish to forget
DM will, however, be ready to roll for the next one.

Sai-do you still have that extra rcp wide L? I would like to take it off your hands so I can start tire testing in my garage

OMG...is that a new F1 addition to the club.....YEA!!!!! F1 racing AZ style.

Cheers,
DM.
I got a new Jordan Honda body just for lookin extra good when i pass your Ferrari on the track. I was overall faster with the F1 then my MR02, I gotta tame the MR02 back some more with a stock motor. I dialed my steering a bit and I definately felt like i was bounds smoother. I was staying away from the corners better.

The only dissapointment i had at the GTG was that i couldn't get my Vauxhall body to fit on the MR02 chassis. The front tyres were binding on the body when ever i would try and turn, so with the stock tyres i would just push straight into the corners. So unless i can find a -1 offset narrow front wheel in black with a matching 0 offset rear, i'll have to get my MR015 finished soon so i can run it. Dusty already has a pic of it loaded into the Core timer for when i can race it.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.10.26, 03:34 AM   #28
saiyan
BooYa!!

Hey guys, guess what dink got today in the mail today?
Old 2005.10.30, 07:17 PM   #29
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay, so would there be a scheduling issue if we ran the races on Sunday this week-end instead of Saturday? I have to go out of town to Show Low Friday night and won't be back till Saturday afternoon. Dink has inventory to do at his shop this week and will run into Saturday. So we both can race on Sunday this week-end. Plus then Dink's buddy from the 1:10 track can swing by and check out the Zs. Another one about to be bitten Muahahaha!!!!. LMK what will work for schedualling.
Old 2005.10.31, 02:52 AM   #30
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

We’re in a vicious crunch at work, but unless things go to pieces I should be available either Saturday or Sunday. DM however said he’s tied up Sundays through Christmas.

DM, would you be able to switch out some time to run between 12:00-4:00ish on Sunday the 6th?

During a short span of time I’ve been able to keep my eyes open, I cut out the rest of the sponsor banners and applied them to the RCP walls. It was just enough for a few more walls since this is an experiment, but with more walls it’ll get a better stress test next time.

Thanks arch2b, I had checked out those pictures. So far mine are sticking. We’ll see how long they last. I could try and glue them down better, but I don’t want to do anything permanent. I already reproduced a bunch of sponsor logos at print resolution, thanks anyway.