Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.10.31, 11:19 AM   #31
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well if we need to do it on Saturday it would have to be at night. I probably won't be back from Show Low until like around 3pm or so. And Dink will probably be doing inventory right up to 5pm. He's got his new F1 and i'm sure he'll want to be racin it soon.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 03:04 AM   #32
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I hadn’t thought of that. Night is much easier for me. After cranking at work for 12+ hours, then prepping and packing the car with R/C gear, it’s tough to get up early the next morning.

Seems though you two would be in that same boat on Saturday, you’ve got a long drive and Dink working all night. Would you really be up to chasing 20 points?
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 08:21 PM   #33
DigitalMafia

Yes! I can go this sunday. Wow- Lots of F-1's.....sweet.
Cant wait to race !
DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.02, 11:04 AM   #34
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay, there has been a change in plans and i'll be going to Show Low Saturday morning around 5am and coming back Saturday night. So i don't think Saturday night racing would work for me, unless i could nap between heats .

Sunday would be best, especially since atleast the 4 of us can do it. I'll send an e-mail to Mark to see if he can make it on Sunday.

With Marks F1 it would give us 4 on the line. I'm sure Dusty will be itchin for 1, especially since the F1 McClaren was what he originally wanted.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!

Last edited by saiyan; 2005.11.02 at 11:07 AM.
Old 2005.11.02, 01:36 PM   #35
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Sunday will work fine for me. Start at 11:00am?

If there are four F1’s we’d obviously run an F1 class. Could even start an F1 series running concurrent with the AZGT. I don’t anticipate having an F1 until after Christmas, so unless there’s a spare I can provide announcer commentary and/or shoot video.

Guess this means I need to have Audrey record more car names for the Core system. With the super long hours at work I’m going to need Saturday to prep everything, so Sunday will really work out for the best.

(And because you just can’t have enough classes of Mini-Z) I’ve thought about a WRC championship. We could set up a long RCP course using the one-tile-wide trick, stick stuff under in places to create lots of elevation changes, and scatter foam “rocks” and small plastic BB’s in places to create a dirt road experience. Then do single timed runs with Rally bodied cars just like the real thing.

Only catch would be the long setup time requiring the disassembling of the rails to make the single tile roads. Along with the long setup for elevation and ‘rocks’, that would pretty much have to be the only event that day.
Old 2005.11.02, 03:59 PM   #36
saiyan
BooYa!!

Rallye races!!! That would be ssshhhwwweeeeeettt!!!! I would be up for that. Digitalmafia has the 01 Focus and i have the 02 Focus, a Suby body and a 2F2F Lancer body. Dink has a suby and 2F2F lancer as well. We should be able to outfit everyone with a rallye body. I'm also trying to locate an 02 Suby rallye body.

When you say 'single tile trick' what are you taliking about? If it's just running 1 lane wide of tile then we could just run with the bumpers on 1 side and the other would be the 'cliff' side that you always see the cars flying off of.

Here's the pic of the newer suby body with rallye colors i was talking about.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38_G.jpg (79.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by saiyan; 2005.11.02 at 04:23 PM.
Old 2005.11.02, 04:40 PM   #37
saiyan
BooYa!!

Here are some pics of some rallye/OL layouts i've seen. We could also use the Wal mart tiles for the rallye course, that way it could be set up seperately and if an mutalation needs to happen to the tile, it won't be the more expencive RCP.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp racertrack (8).bmp (324.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: bmp racertrack (34).bmp (351.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 2005.11.04, 10:37 AM   #38
DigitalMafia

Hey Sai,

Do you have extra F1 tires? I have a big-ass order but held off on submitting it as I was bidding on some cars on ebay (which I lost....).

Dm.
Old 2005.11.04, 01:32 PM   #39
saiyan
BooYa!!

I only have extra rears, but you can barrow a set sure. The pile of tyres you see in of my pics are all rears. I also have no idea if they're all the same compound or not, though there is a # on the side wall that is the same on all of them 375 except 1 that said 275.
Old 2005.11.04, 06:32 PM   #40
saiyan
BooYa!!

I've not heard back from the 5th guy who lives in Chandler. Has anyone heard anything from him. I know he had a wedding to go to when we had the last GTG and he said he was lookin forward to the next one. Hopefully he'll be there.

Here's a pic of the tyre pile DM........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1 003.jpg (110.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 2005.11.05, 10:37 PM   #41
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

That’s a cool layout Saiyan, just one catch though- there aren’t enough tiles. I put it together in Max like the others and ran out of straight tiles near the back stretch.

When we open up that 5th Wide L we may be able to build it. Those are really fun technical sections you’ve got designed. You may want to tweak it down a little smaller too. We could fit it into the clubhouse, but at 30’ wide we’d have to move the Pits and furniture into the other room. The guide I use is a 25’x25’ area, and that works out pretty snug. Go ahead and adjust it and we can run it for Rounds 5-6.

I went ahead and finished up the earlier track I was working on. Rounds 3-4 (this week) will be the Le Equipar de Brasil, held at the Curva Parabólica do Senna (See image). Saiyan, I’ll send you a top-down printer-friendly map. Also please keep the Start Line tiles open for me. I’ve got sponsor banners on those two tiles to test out.

I was going to re-run El Magnifico Carrusel (Spain), but I don’t want to run the same track twice in a row. We'll do the Le Mans de España for Rounds 7-8.

(Note: I’m trying to give it the feel of an international touring series. Translations courtesy of Babel Fish, so if it reads goofy, not my fault.
For those following along in other far flung parts of the world, these track designs can be found pictured in this thread or viewed in the Dusty Weasle gallery at www.mini-az.com).

We’ll start track assembly and open testing at 11:00am. We can also start an F1 series or just run a stand alone race for everyone to dial their cars and driving styles in. See ya all there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP4x_Layout07.jpg (95.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2005.11.05 at 10:39 PM.
Old 2005.11.05, 10:41 PM   #42
DigitalMafia

Dusty-your track image/layouts are nothing short of amazing! Great work
If you want I can add a section to our website just for the tracks.
Cant wait to race on them.

DM.
Old 2005.11.05, 11:52 PM   #43
saiyan
BooYa!!

The 1 tile choke point should prove interesting . I like the layout, it'll be fun i'm sure.

Ya i know the track was a bit on the huge side, i got a little carried away. Once i got to the 4 wide L there was a bit of a gap so i began to fill it in . I think that for the most part 4 Wide Ls will be just fine for our club meets. It would just be nice to have access to a 5th one for some additional tiles when needed. I will be e-mailing RCP to see if they have a couple of corner kits ( the rounded corner and bumper plus a blank ) they could sell me. I was also thinking that with 2 wide Ls i'm only 16 straight tiles shy of a wide 96.
Old 2005.11.07, 04:52 PM   #44
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well i think fun was had by all this last Sunday at the GTG, even with the Core system acting up a little. Dink thinks we got the new guy hooked on the Zs. To bad Mark was a no show, we coulda had 6 on the starting grid. Maybe next time we'll have 6 racers on the field for even more intense compitition. I'm glad we have the 4 Wide Ls to use and spread us out a little.
Old 2005.11.09, 02:36 AM   #45
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I’ve finally got some of the pictures processed, so here they are. The “Still_Life” shots are composites of the same cars at different points on the track. Just getting artsy. Enjoy.

It’s very late and I’m working ridiculously long hours, so I’ll have to skip a detailed recap this week. Aside from the serious Core lap counter glitch in the first race, it was a lot of fun. The Senna Curve proved a difficult track, demanding exacting precision at the tight apex. And the bumper chicane swatted harsh punishment on any car that dared touch its walls. Fast and full throttle if you drove the perfect line, unforgiving should you waver from that path.

Fun, fun, fun.

Results for Week 2 (of 6):

Le Mans, Round 3
......................Qual...Fin
Dink...................2......1
Dusty Weasle.....1.......2
Todd.................3.......3
Saiyan..............5.......4
Digital Mafia......4.......5

Sprint, Round 4
.......................Qual...Fin
Dusty Weasle.....1........1
Dink..................4........2
Digital Mafia......2........3
Saiyan..............3........4

Total Points Standing
Dusty Weasle.......36
Dink....................25
Saiyan................14
Digital Mafia........11
Mark....................8
Todd....................4
Justin...................1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StartingGrid.jpg (111.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Macro-Z.jpg (102.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Still_Life01.jpg (104.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Still_Life02.jpg (94.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2005.11.09 at 02:44 AM.