Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.09, 10:21 AM   #46
saiyan
BooYa!!

Looks like i need to win the next 6 races if i want to win the series , that's if Dusty always gets 2nd behind me. I think the PN Speedy in the first 3 rounds really hurt me since i'm not skilled enough with the mini-z to handle that speed. I moved down to an x-speed for the 4th round and though it was slower and easier to handle and i was feeling like i was getting around the track faster, it was still to fast. When i switched to my MR01 with a stock motor i definately noticed faster lap times and that's with it's poorer handling. So the plan is to put the stock motor back in my 02RM and hopefully start getting higher podium finishes. If i'm to be a loser, then i atleast want to be the first loser (2nd place).
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.15, 01:58 AM   #47
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Week 3, Rounds 5 and 6

It’s about that time, let’s start planning for Rounds 5 and 6 of the AZGT.

Do we meet Saturday or Sunday? If DM can make it Sunday Todd can join us, but if not I’d say let’s defer to the core MAZ member in the points chase and meet Saturday.

Going into the holidays this is going to get tricky.

For this week I think we should also set up the track from the How Fast Are You series and log some times. After that we can set up the full length track for the AZGT.

I was going to set up the HFAY track last weekend in my garage for everyone to log times, but wound up cleaning the garage instead. Took longer than I thought. It’s about half done.

(BTW, now that there’s more room in there and the temperatures are reasonable, we could meet for daytime racing here for free. Just incase it should come up).
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.15, 09:18 AM   #48
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya now that it's getting cooler that is definately an option. I wouldn't mind doing the HFAY time attacks over in your garage/driveway on the off-racing week-end, i could probably show up by myself since it would be a shorter event. I'm also fine with having it held at the clubhouse b4 the AZGT. If it's 2 wide Ls i could have it set up b4 everyone gets there and it wouldn't add too much time to the overall event . Plus we could possibly incorporate it into the track design for the AZGT.

Did you see that used RCP wide oval on e bay about a week ago? I was gonna bid on it, but i got home and logged on about 2 min. after it finished . It went for just over $100 with shipping . That would of givin us 4 more corners and like 12 sides, givin us alot more corner capability.

I can reserve the clubhouse as soon as everyone puts in for what day they want or are available for. I agree about the core AZGT racers having 1st say in what days we pick to meet on.

The main reason i like the clubhouse for our GTGs is that i can concentrate a little more on the racing and not be worried that my daughter will be running into the street . She has gotten both better and worse about listening to me cause i've been givin her alot of slack and more freedome lately, but then later she tries and pushes the boundries. Give her an inch now and she tries for the whole foot later.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2005.11.15, 11:06 AM   #49
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle
For this week I think we should also set up the track from the How Fast Are You series and log some times. After that we can set up the full length track for the AZGT.

I was going to set up the HFAY track last weekend in my garage for everyone to log times, but wound up cleaning the garage instead. Took longer than I thought. It’s about half done.
I'll look forward to receiving your times, you can just email me the Core ranks file for the runs. good luck

I also added your Club Logo to the Clubs page, if you have a different logo that you would like me to use just let me know. I used the one from the top of your website.

Brian
Old 2005.11.15, 04:24 PM   #50
saiyan
BooYa!!

I think that logo works, but dustyweasel might be able to incorporate our AZGT logo from the core screen. If you check his pics on mini-az you'll see a shot of his screen, it looks sweet.

Dink is cool with either day, but would prefer Sunday cause he wants to do some 1:10 road course drifting down in Gilbert Sat. If we do it on Sun. then i'll most likely join him in the drift racing. Hopefully we'll hear from digitalmafia as to his scheduall this week-end.
Old 2005.11.15, 05:21 PM   #51
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan
I think that logo works, but dustyweasel might be able to incorporate our AZGT logo from the core screen. If you check his pics on mini-az you'll see a shot of his screen, it looks sweet.
I saw that design, I just didn't want to cut it out. if Dusty Weasel will send me a finished one I'll be happy to change it.
Old 2005.11.16, 10:52 PM   #52
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Our ‘crunch’ at work is done (for now), but we’re all on-call for bug fixes on Sunday.

So, if we do this Sunday I may have to leave (fortunately I work near the clubhouse). Saturday would be the least risky option for me given the circumstances, plus it’ll be easier for DM. Hopefully we can move to Sundays soon to include more people.

I was going to reuse one of our previous tracks, but have designed a new one incorporating the HFAY Track01. This week’s race will be the United States Le Mans held at The Great Salt Lake Circuit.

We should meet as normal at 11:00 for setup, but keep the HFAY course closed off and run the Time Attacks. Then we just switch out a few tiles and run the AZGT.

The Mini-AZ web site is DM’s so the logo is his call. Our AZGT logo (the one with the Phoenix bird in it) is specific to that racing series and not the club, so it might be confusing to someone linking. If he wants to update the club logo I could incorporate it in somehow.

Thanks anyway though, I like how it turned out. The base silhouette is modified from a City of Phoenix web site, then layer upon layer of effects (3rd deg Black Belt in Photoshop).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP4x_Layout09.jpg (91.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 2005.11.16, 11:07 PM   #53
saiyan
BooYa!!

Cool, i'll have the HFAY section of the AZGT track done b4 people arrive so we can jump onit and " git-r-done ". It'll be cool to see how we stack up against the others. I'll talk to Dink, but i don't forsee a problem for Saturday.
Old 2005.11.18, 10:08 PM   #54
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

I sent e-mails out, but just in case- The plan is to race this Saturday since I’m on-call for work on Sunday.

We’ll be running Time Attacks to participate in the new HowFastAreYou.com national rankings, then adjust the layout into the 4xRCP course for the AZGT main event.

There's a maximum of 80 points still available before the end of the series, so the trophy is still anyone's to win! (yes, there will be a trophy)

(All times ‘ish’)
11:00 -12:00: Track assembly and open testing
12:00 -12:30: HFAY Time Attack
12:30 - 1:30: Switch to Le Mans layout. Open testing. Lunch
1:30 – Whenever: AZGT Le Mans and Sprint
Old 2005.11.18, 11:09 PM   #55
DigitalMafia

Hey guys-I will be there, but I cannot spend the whole day racing-unfortunatly i have been working crazy hours and havent seen enough of my family-so I will get there bout 12 so i can catch a little racing (probably 2 hours)
Looking forward to it!
dm.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.20, 02:03 AM   #56
briankstan

hey guys, I got your times posted on HFAY. If you want your car pics up just send them to me. thanks

Brian
Old 2005.11.20, 03:19 AM   #57
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Official Results, Week 3

Schedule conflicts limited our attendance this week. Plus one MIA, we don’t know what happened to Digital Mafia yet. But we ran both Rounds 5 and 6 of the AZGT along with a couple runs on the HFAY #1 track (we all fell mid-to-low in the world rankings, better luck next time).

The mysterious Core system fade-out that plagued last week’s race was non-existent this week, so it’s looking more and more like the conjectured ‘Alien Death Ray’ was to blame after all.

During the first HFAY run Dink’s motor started making the Squeal-of-Death and slowed dramatically. A little oil on the bushings fixed things right up. After that his Porsche was a rocket on rails and he swept the wins in both AZGT races. This tightens up the points race significantly.

The Hoot-of-the-Day had to be when at about "2" on the start countdown, Dink's battery pack fell out of his radio. Frantic movement followed (we restarted the race though).

My typically fast McLaren was just ok. A bit faster when I went 7T on the pinion, but with worn front tires I developed a push that forced me to slow in the corners.

Saiyan’s Modena is also a rocket, just without the necessary rails. It’s got the speed x10, but is a handful to drive. He’s also up to a record two interruptions by building complex ‘officials’ (busybodies) dropping by and talking to him while he’s driving a points run. Un-freakin’-believable.

Results for Week 3 (of 6):

Le Mans, Round 5
......................Qual...Fin
Dink...................1......1
Dusty Weasle.....2.......2
Saiyan..............3.......3

Sprint, Round 6
.......................Qual...Fin
Dink..................1........1
Dusty Weasle.....2........2
Saiyan..............3........3

Total Points Standing
Dusty Weasle.......48
Dink....................45
Saiyan................22
Digital Mafia........11
Mark....................8
Todd....................4
Justin...................1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Multi-Purpose.jpg (98.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 2005.11.20, 10:50 AM   #58
saiyan
BooYa!!

Overall it was a good time as usuall. I did have a casualty of war though, i broke a servo gear in my MR01. I also put a bone stock motor back in my MR02 to slow it down a bit so that i could regain controle of it. It did seem to help me stay off the walls a bit more, but i still placed 3rd (out of 3 ). I noticed that no one stood by the Loop with a TX durring the racing and that might of helped with any Corer glitching. I also noticed a difference in my chassis having less glitch when crossing over the loop and in general around the track after i taped the transponder to the inside of the roof of the body of my Modena.
Old 2005.11.30, 03:38 AM   #59
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Week 4, Rounds 7 and 8

Time to plan for Rounds 7 and 8 of the AZGT. We’ve passed the half way point and there are still 156 points up for grabs before the final race. 60 more points are the most a single driver can earn by the end, and the top two spots are separated by only 3 thin points. If the leaders have trouble 3rd and 4th can still close the gap by scoring wins.

This week’s event takes us to The Gauntlet for the Le Mans of Great Britain. A surprisingly fast track, but only if you navigate its sharp edges with precision.

Who will take the Checkered Flag? Join us and find out!

I haven’t heard from DM for some time, so I assume he’s swamped with work. If that’s the case lets go with Sunday the 4th so Todd can race. Mark, are you still out there? DM, Mark, if you guys make it please be sure to bring the Core tags.

If enough F1’s show up we can run a stand-alone F1 race. I won a very nice pre-hopped-up Williams BMW off eBay that should be here any day now (though I technically have to leave it in the box until Christmas).

Dink, I’ve been tuning on my McLaren. Watch out! (Still waiting on the new stock motor, in a pinch I can pull the motor from the Murc).

(All times ‘ish’)
11:00 -12:00: Track assembly and open testing
12:00 -1:00: HFAY Time Attack Track #2
1:00 - 1:30: Switch to Le Mans layout. Open testing. Lunch
1:30 – Whenever: AZGT Le Mans and Sprint
Old 2005.11.30, 06:53 PM   #60
DigitalMafia

Hi Y'all,

Yea Dusty- swamped with work is one way to put it...suxs-I will be grinding 6 days a week till Jan. Sorry I missed out last week, on my only day off I ended up buying a new house (well were building one due to deliver in late June) and found it sucked my whole day up (we are excited tho! and I will have extra rooms so I can use one for my home track Anyhow-I need front tires for my f1 and have just been too tired and lazy to order them (even tho i am in front of a puter 14 hours a day....) anyone have an extra set? F1.... If we go Sat I can attend, but i am working Sunday.

Cheers,
J.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote