Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.08, 04:54 PM   #1
saiyan
BooYa!!

1st AZGT race of 2006

Okay, now that we have upto 5 wide Ls and some 45* corners as well as some longturn inside corners and a bump and jump kit, I'm really looking forward to the 1st race of 06 . I know we still have like 4 more races in the series, but this will be HUGE!

So are we racing this week-end or what? I've got a new to me MR02 chassis that is all stock and an MA-010 chassis that are beggin to be raced. I've also got a new Esso Supra and a Takata NSX body that i want to try out and see how they do. I've also been itchin to see how my new Modena paint job looks on the track.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 09:19 AM   #2
briankstan

you guys have about the same # of tracks and addtions as me. the 45° turns are nice and the wide inside corners rock. you will love them. Pretty soon you will need to move to a gym to set all that up, sounds like you have more track than your clubhouse will fit. (huge track = )
Old 2006.01.09, 12:02 PM   #3
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya John at RCP hooked me up with a few extras over what i originally ordered from him. He even met me personally since he was out here visiting Family to give me the track pieces. He is a very nice guy to go out of his way for me like that. I've got nothing but good things to say about RCP , i think it's the best hop up you can get next to a set of good tyres and bearings . I was hoping he would be able to hang out long enough to race with us, but he was on his way back home and was already late getting on the road , but maybe the next time he's out visiting his family it could be arranged for him to run a few laps with us .

Hey Dustyweasel, the 15th should be no problem to get the clubhouse. I'll let Dink know and he can call the other guys and see if they'll be able to make it. It should prove to be interesting since it's been awhile since we've all raced together . Digitalmafia said we have another interested racer from our clubsite, that would bring the field to 7 again, hopefully on a regular basis.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2006.01.13, 04:03 AM   #4
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

So what’s the word for Sunday? The pressure is finally off for awhile at work so my Sunday should be clear. And we may even get rain, yeah! (It’s been almost 3 months without rain). But hey, they’re Mini-Z’s so we’ll be indoors. Take that, 1:10th!

If everyone can make it we can run the January rounds for OLPS, plus new times for HFAY Track #1. I only need to get 1.5sec faster to move up a spot in the standings.

If not we can continue the AZGT with the usual points stake holders. Next up in the series is Le Mans of Spain at El Magnifico Carrusel (we’ll substitute sections with Saiyan’s exotic new RCP parts).

After that one race remains: The one hour Le Mans and 100 lap Sprint rounds to be held at Der Ring des Feuers (The Ring of Fire, Germany). It’s a modified version of that long track we ran in my driveway back in August.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg El_Magnifico_Carrusel.jpg (95.9 KB, 41 views)
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.13, 12:25 PM   #5
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya we'll be able to use 2 of the long radius turns in it and maybe switch out the chican with the 45*?

Dink called up Todd and it's his daughter's b-day party on Sunday so he won't be able to make it, and next Sunday is his usuall turn with the kids. So it's lookin like it'll just be the 3 of us this week-end, unless we could get digitalmafia to take a lunch and come down and throw some laps down.

So if it's a go i'll call the property management company and reserve/pay for the clubhouse this Sunday. I have some parts on order for my AWD from din ball(rc mart) and they theoretically could be here by Saturday at the earliest, but probably won't show till Monday or Tuesday .
Old 2006.01.14, 09:16 PM   #6
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

What’s the word for Sunday? Start track setup at the usual 11am?
Old 2006.01.19, 08:28 PM   #7
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Next Attempt at Rounds 9 and 10

Are we running the AZGT this weekend? We should schedule this by Friday so everyone has time to plan.

DM, are you still available Saturday’s? Since Todd can’t make it Sunday, we could run the AZGT on Saturday.

We must run the OLPS on Sunday 29th! At the clubhouse or my driveway, that’s our last opportunity for the January race.

Things are getting tight at work again (had a whole relaxing week of only normal stress), so I’m hoping to be available for both weekends. My parts arrived today, so now I have to find time to install them before the weekend.
Old 2006.01.20, 12:52 PM   #8
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Oops, I think I was thinking of last week's schedule limits.

So if I recall correctly this time- Todd and DM are available Sunday. Correct? If so then we should run on Sunday the 22nd. If everyone is available then we’ll do the OLPS and resume the normal every-other-week schedule (thus skipping the 29th, so no AZGT this month).
Old 2006.01.24, 04:41 PM   #9
saiyan
BooYa!!

D.r.t.c.c. #2

Here are a few pics of the track i set up in my dinning room last Sunday when we opted to wait to run next week-end with a full field. Check out some of the tight corners i made in order to make my small track interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D.R.T.C.C. track #2 001.jpg (66.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg D.R.T.C.C. track #2 002.jpg (70.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg D.R.T.C.C. track #2 004.jpg (143.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg D.R.T.C.C. track #2 005.jpg (71.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg D.R.T.C.C. track #2 007.jpg (73.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 2006.01.24, 07:16 PM   #10
DigitalMafia

So-are we racing this Sunday (1/29/06)? I got my weekends back
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.24, 07:57 PM   #11
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Yes, Sun 29th is our last chance to run the OLPS and get in the January points (my work schedule continues to be vicious).

Since it’s just the 2 ‘L’ setup, it’ll be fine if the clubhouse management can’t get their act together (amazing how hard it can be to give people money ). We can use my garage if necessary. It’s in much better shape now and the weather is great.

We’ll resume the AZGT in February. See Mini-AZ.com ‘Race’ page for the schedule.

How'd the code launch go DM?
Old 2006.01.24, 10:31 PM   #12
DigitalMafia

Great to hear that we are gonna make it in for January
Dusty: code launch was good if not typical-supposed to push midnight sunday-instead worked 23 hours then home for 4 hours of sleep then another 13+ for a push Monday night (still went live on the same date, but almost 23 hours later -lol) But its good to be done !

DM.
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.26, 01:20 PM   #13
saiyan
BooYa!!

I'll check with the management company to see if they're ready to rent the clubhouse, but i'm not gonna hold my breath . I'll get back with ya later tonight about it.
Old 2006.01.28, 12:05 AM   #14
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay, since i just traded in the mini van for a truck i can't afford to rent the clubhouse this week-end , but next week-end for the AZGT should be no problem. If we can use your garage dustyweasel that would be cool and you and digitalmafia should be able to get there fairly quick . If we can do it early enough in the day so that i can leave by around 3:00pm i won't have to bring my daughter otherwise i can bring some stuff to keep her entertained in the bed of my truck. So i figuer if we show up around noon or earlier or so and help set up the track we could practice for a while before running the race to dial in our cars and familiarize ourselves with the layout. I'll bring over the new track sections i got for everyone to inspect and drool over. I love RCP!! . We could possibly do some HFAY times too on the same layout. I'll bring a table to wrench on my Zs or maybe just my tailgate.
Old 2006.01.28, 04:34 PM   #15
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

January OLPS

January OLPS, Sunday at Dusty’s house.

11:00-12:00 Track setup and open testing
12:00-12:30 Tech and Round 1 Qualifying
12:30-1:00 Clockwise OLPS
1:00-1:30 Lunch and open testing
1:30-2:00 Round 2 Qualifying
2:00-2:30 Counterclockwise OLPS
2:30-*:** HFAY Track #1 Time Trials

This schedule has some play in it, so if we move things along quickly we get the rounds done sooner leaving more time for everyone to make HFAY runs.

Qualifying will be a solo five lap run and grid by total time. We normally do it by best single lap, so consistency matters this time.

We will run separate heats if we have more than six drivers.