Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.29, 02:34 AM   #16
DigitalMafia

sweet-cant wait
dm
DigitalMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.29, 11:37 PM   #17
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay, today was just for the OLPS and HFAY #1 times, but it was fun. I still came in the usual 3rd for the first race, but came in FIRST!! for the 2nd race in reverse. It was sweet!!!! I hope i can continue to perform like this in our AZGT events in 2 weeks. I need the points to try for 2nd. My MR02 that i got from byebye after adding a motor and bearings with some minimal tweeking was spot on for my driving style. I was in the groove most of the time and it really showed gaining like a miniute on my HFAY time and ofcourser the 1st place finish in the 2nd race. I'm feeling pretty good about myself tonight.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.30, 12:46 AM   #18
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Yep, that Supra was on rails today. I think that was about the best day I’ve ever seen you have.

Tires flew, cars sliced, diced, and collided. It was a blast today. It was great having DM back at the track. Looking forward to the others re-joining us soon. The OLPS results have been sent to Brian and your HFAY times checked in for Time Trials.

After you all left I got down to serious wrenching on my McLaren. After a flurry of tires, spring, and T-Plates, I finally hit on a combination that settled the car out. New 20deg slicks and hard front springs was all it needed.

It’s not as fast as it was by a good ten seconds, but it’s stable and drivable again. Even turn exits better than it used to. I just don’t know where the speed went. It can’t be the weather since it’s no colder than it was before the new parts. The 1deg Toe-in maybe? I’ll have to continue the search next week.

I finally got the Murcielago tuned so it’s drivable, and even runs about the same times as the McLaren. So at least it’s finally tuned. A bit of rear-end wheel chatter when carrying speed into turns, but manageable.

It’s been 10 hours and I still have to clear out the garage and stow the gear. It’s gonna be a late night, but it sure is fun.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.30, 05:02 PM   #19
saiyan
BooYa!!

Yes it was awsome to have digitalmafia back on the field with us. I expect even more compitition from him at the next GTG.

Will we see the Murcialago on the track in a race soon since you've got it tuned? With the McClaren, have you cleaned out the bearings rescently? I would check those out for smoothness, i've had bearings get filthy on my 1/10 chassis and cause a loss in speed. I've even smoked a bearing befor cause it had alot of debris in it, i've since switched to teflon sealed bearings as they're better at keeping the debris out and last alot longer with minamal maintenance.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2006.02.02, 03:03 AM   #20
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Ok, more of the ever changing plans.

Since Todd’s schedule is up in the air with his 1:10 efforts, and we’ll all likely be swinging out to the far edge of the valley for the 1:10 event, let’s just start skipping every other week starting last week. When someone (re)joins us, we’ll adjust the schedule as necessary.

So, the new schedule as follows:

Sun, Feb 12th: February OLPS Championship
Sun, Feb 26th: AZGT Rounds 9 and 10
Sun, March 12th: March OLPS Championship
Sun, March 26th: AZGT Rounds 11 and 12 (series finale)

I’ve switched the event order as well. Since the OLPS is time sensitive, I’d rather run that earlier in the month. That way should schedule difficulties befall us as in January, we’ll have more time to deal with it and get the race in.

Besides that, the clubhouse management may not have their act together by then, and since it’s still cool out we can conveniently run in my garage again for free.

We will need the clubhouse for the larger AZGT track, so if they haven’t figured out how to rent the place by the end of February we’ll just have to storm the castle.

The Murcielago was just meant as a spare/backup car. Maybe I’ll run it in non-points races. It handles much better now, save for some wheel chatter turning in from high speed straights. It’s such a smooth, streamlined body it just glides off the rails when it does hit the wall.

The McLaren bearings have a little RCP dust in them but they turn freely. I recently put in a GPM alloy motor mount and Kyosho ball diff, I wonder if that added too much weight.
Old 2006.02.09, 10:16 PM   #21
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

February OLPS

Thursday already?! Since we’ll be running the February OLPS this Sunday, it would be a waste to pay for that whole clubhouse when Track #2 fits nicely in my garage. So let’s save $50 and just run at my house again while the weather is still nice. Becky bought more cookies too.

The schedule from last month worked out well so let’s run with that, with the exception we start on time. That’ll leave a bit more leeway for Saiyan at 3:00. I may set the track up Saturday night so there won’t be a delay on Sunday.

February OLPS, Sunday the 12th at Dusty’s house.

11:00-12:00 Track setup and Open Testing
12:00-12:30 Tech and Round 1 Qualifying
12:30-1:00 Clockwise OLPS
1:00-1:30 Lunch and Open Testing
1:30-2:00 Round 2 Qualifying
2:00-2:30 Counterclockwise OLPS
2:30-*:** HFAY Track #2 Time Trials

It’s warmed up significantly since a couple weeks ago, so hopefully we’ll put down some better times. Set your sights on those DOW guys, and let's put Mini-AZ on the podium!

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2006.02.09 at 10:22 PM.
Old 2006.02.10, 09:50 AM   #22
briankstan

we to have been fighting running on a cold track. it does make a big difference. Can't wait for summer.
Old 2006.02.22, 02:45 AM   #23
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

It’s finally time to resume the AZGT. Sunday, February 26th is Rounds 9 and 10.

Next up in the series is the Le Mans de España at El Magnifico Carrusel (we’ll substitute sections with Saiyan’s exotic new RCP parts. See post #4 for track layout).

If we are still unable to give someone money for the clubhouse then we can meet at my house again. In that case we’ll modify El Magnifico Carrusel to fit in the carport and down the driveway (elevation changes!). One way or another we need to get this show on the road.

Schedule
11:00-12:00...Track setup and Open Testing
12:00-12:30...Le Mans Practice
12:30-12:45...Qualifying, Le Mans
12:45-1:30....30min Le Mans
1:30-2:00......Lunch and Sprint Practice
2:00-2:15......Qualifying, Sprint
2:15-3:00......50 lap Sprint

Afterward we can get some F1 racing in! Start dialing those cars in so we can get an F1 season started.

AZGT Points Standing
Dusty Weasle.......68
Dink....................57
Saiyan................30
Digital Mafia........11
Mark....................8
Todd....................7
Chuck...................2
Justin...................1
Old 2006.02.24, 07:49 PM   #24
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Location Location Location

What’s the word on the clubhouse? Sunday is comin’ up fast.
Old 2006.02.24, 11:57 PM   #25
saiyan
BooYa!!

I'm in the middle of talking to both the HOA and the new and old property management companies. The old 1 sais i still owe for December though i have bank statements that prove otherwise and the lady here handling the Clubhouse has to 'talk to someone' to see if they'll let me rent anyway cause i'm current with the new Prop. Co. The lady here, who came in and brought more trash bags that one day of racing, has yet to call me back from the last time i talked to her and unfortunately i don't have her # or address . I wish my bill collectors were this intersted in getting money from me . If i don't find out by tomarrow i'll let you know and i'll plan to bring my tracks to your house on sunday. I can't wait to have this all sorted out so that we can use the clubhouse again. I mentioned the frequency in wich we rented it in the past and plan to rent in the future so we'll see i guess.
Old 2006.02.25, 11:18 PM   #26
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

AZGT Rounds 9 and 10

Ok, the hour grows late, so I’m going to assume we are meeting at my house.

It’s a tricky fit, but attached is the revised Le Mans de España track for tomorrow. El Largo Carrusel is a little longer than the old Magnifico Carrusel. It snuggly fits the width of the garage and runs half way down the driveway. It also uses much of Saiyan’s new RCP elements. I think we may see 8T or even 9T pinions on this one.

I suggest bringing something to stand on as visibility up the slope of the carport might be an issue.

We may have a more permanent home for our club soon. I talked to the community center at 35th Ave and Pinnacle Peak about using a room there.

A room the size of our clubhouse runs $50/hour! But, they said the small scale R/C racing sounds like a great public activity and they would consider adopting it so we wouldn’t have to pay for the rooms. I have to write up some information about how the club would run and gage local interest. I’ll get some details from you guys tomorrow.

See ‘ya all at 11:00.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg El_Largo_Carrusel.jpg (95.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 2006.02.26, 10:49 AM   #27
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
you can email ed with dow as he has done alot of community outreach stuff for his club.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.26, 11:14 AM   #28
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
btw, have you submitted your azgt theme to core? he had offered to inlcude custom themes in future releases.... once i get the bugs worked out here in dc i woudl like to submit the dc theme.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 02:34 AM   #29
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Race Results, Week 5

Thanks Arch, I’ll drop Ed a line. I haven’t actually submitted the Classic Car theme to Core, but they’re welcome to download it. Definitely send them the DC theme too.

AZGT Week 5
This week was a tricky one. Curse you foul weather, and the horse you rode in on! Now most of you are thinking rain or snow, but no, not here. Here the cursed weather is sun. Harsh, scorching, pounding, relentless, remorseless, sun.

Unable to secure an indoor location, we again used my garage. The OLPS tracks fit fine in my garage but our local AZGT Championship uses four Wide L’s. So the track began inside the 80deg shade of the garage, then dropped down the slope of the driveway and into the sun baked Turn 1.

And so it went from there. My Silver McLaren was dialed in after the previous weekend, but that all went out the window this week. I ran about my worst race of the season. Every time I crossed the slope of the driveway the back end would float away.

Dink on the other had was able to make the best of it, driving his Taisan Porsche deeper into the turns than anyone else and grabbing victory in both the Le Mans and Sprint rounds. Seems like just about any bump jams his front wheels in the body though.

Saiyan’s new Esso Supra was still quick. He made some solid charges through the field, often gaining a lot of ground.

And Digital Mafia, finally able to rejoin us, has been getting better with his Red Enzo. In both rounds he set best times within 0.01sec of Saiyan’s.

We were pressed for time this week, so we skipped Qualifying and gridded by points in the first race. Then used that finish order to grid for the second.

I maintain the points lead with only one week remaining, but Dink need only win one race to take the lead away. Next month we run the final AZGT rounds, the 1 Hour Le Mans and 100 Lap Sprint.

We’ve gotten a little soft with these 8min OLPS mains. There was much grumbling about cramped hands before Core even called out “3min Remaining” in our 30min Le Mans. Week 6 is gonna be brutal.

Results for Week 5 (of 6):

Le Mans, Round 9
......................Qual...Fin
Dusty Weasle.....1.......2
Dink...................2......1
Saiyan...............3.......3
Digital Mafia...... 4.......4

Sprint, Round 10
.......................Qual...Fin
Dusty Weasle.....2........2
Dink..................1........1
Saiyan...............3........3
Digital Mafia...... 4........4

Total Points Standing
Dusty Weasle.......80
Dink....................77
Saiyan................38
Digital Mafia........17
Mark....................8
Todd....................7
Chuck...................2
Justin...................1

We also finally got to run an F1 race. Those things are fantastic and I can’t wait to start a season with them. But it was also clear we have a lot of testing and tuning to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GarageSprawl_LowRoad.jpg (101.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg GarageSprawl_HighRoad.jpg (108.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 2006.02.28, 03:03 AM   #30
byebye

Good to see Saiyan in 3rd with my old Supra. I still believe the Supras are the best first RM car. I'm runnin a 350z motul right now and love it! The Supra though was my first RM car and the handling is excellent.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote