Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.12, 11:42 PM   #1
saiyan
BooYa!!

Arizona OLPS and HFAY races

Okay this is a little late to start this thread since we just finished our Febuary OLPS races. But i figuer this will help keep our local threads from being cluttered.

This months OLPS was a carbon copy from the last one i belive where i got 2nd in the 1st race and 1st in the 2nd race. I liked going the direction of the 1st race better, but i guess i was faster racing it in reverse. The best thing about the last 2 OLPS race events is that we're back to the original core 4 guys. I would like to have more guys (and girls) involved in our club, but racing with 4 is way better then 3.

The current racers involved in the MiniAZ OLPS and HFAY races are:

Dustyweasel
Digitalmafia
Dink
Saiyan

I don't remember what the current points standing is so maybe if Dusty wants he can post that info.

I was able to improve my HFAY times for both the stock and F1 classes. The first time i ran my F1 i did about 15 laps then right into the HFAY so my time was really low and was able to improve on it this time by like a minute. My MR02 is really working well for me and has givin me some confidence in my racing skills. I may try and set some times on track #3 with my AWD as well and see wich chassis is faster for me.

I know we have another guy who has some Zs and is definately wanting to race with us as soon as his schedual allows. We also have 2 other guys who want to race with us when their schedual allows so that could get us 3 more potential racer for a total of 7 and possibly an 8th if Dusty's wife could be talked into racing too. She just needs to get some track time and build up her confidence to compete with us. The next GTG will be for our AZGT series in 2 weeks so then 2 weeks after that we'll run the March OLPS and set some HFAY times for track #3.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!

Last edited by saiyan; 2006.02.12 at 11:46 PM.
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.06, 10:01 PM   #2
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

March OLPS

The March OLPS is coming up this weekend, Sunday the 12th. Since we don’t need much room for that and it’s supposed to be cool out, we’ll meet at my house again. (Not many cool days left to take advantage of the garage ).

Mini-AZ fell just outside the points in February, so we need to step up our game. Here’s my plan: I’ll open the track up Saturday afternoon for practice, HFAY runs, and any fun racing that should happen. With plenty of time for tuning and practice to get our cars and driving styles dialed in, Sunday we'll be in the points!

Hope to see you all there.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 04:32 PM   #3
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Race Weekend Schedule

The track will be open about 4pm today (Saturday) for practice and HFAY runs. Official race set for tomorrow.

March OLPS, Sunday the 12th at my house.

11:00-12:00 Practice
12:00-12:30 Tech and Clockwise Qualifying
12:30-1:00 Clockwise OLPS
1:00-1:30 Lunch and/or Practice
1:30-2:00 Counterclockwise Qualifying
2:00-2:30 Counterclockwise OLPS
2:30-*:** HFAY Track #3 Time Trials
Old 2006.03.11, 11:21 PM   #4
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya i was planning to get some practice in, but Andrea hasn't been home tonight and i would then need to bring Tauren with me and i figuer with the cold air and all the rain it might be asking for trouble. I'll be there tomarrow though, i've got all my batteries charged up.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
Old 2006.03.12, 12:51 AM   #5
will3kgt

What's up Mini-AZ,
I'm going to be in Arizona to get a little golf in this week, if you guys are racing this Saturday let me know and I'll pack my Z's with the golf clubs.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.12, 03:26 AM   #6
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Hey will2kgt! We’d be glad to have you join us. (Since it's already the end of Saturday, I assume you mean Sunday. Or do you mean next Saturday the 25th?)

You may be out of luck on the Golf this week. We just snapped a record setting 143 day rainless streak, and as one weather man put it- “We didn’t just break the record, we smashed it over the head”. Heck, it’s reportedly snowing just north of my house, which is quite a rare thing.

Our Golf courses seem pretty popular. Lots of sunny days I suppose. The closest I’ve been to Golf was as grip on a video shoot at The Phoenician Resort. Fancy place. I nearly got clocked in the head by a ball. Someone said ‘look out!’, I looked up, the camera man knocked me down, and the ball crashed right by where I was standing. Fun game you got there.

Come to think of it one of our drivers, Dink, is big into Golf.

We will be racing on Sunday the 12th (today), since the track fits inside my nice, dry garage. We’ll be running both races for the March OLPS. Are you in on that series? We’ll also do HFAY runs for track #3.

I’m going to send you an e-mail with contact info through this site. You can also contact Digital Mafia through www.Mini-AZ.com for specific information.

Hope to see you here.

Edit: Ok, looks like I can't send you an e-mail through here. You'll have to contact DM through Mini-AZ then, or send me an e-mail through here.

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2006.03.12 at 03:42 AM.
Old 2006.03.12, 05:33 AM   #7
will3kgt

I'll be in town on Saturday the 25th. I am in the HFAY series, I'm ranked 18 in the standings. (It will be lower after my showing on Friday. ) I'd love to race with you guys if you're doing anything on the 25th. Good luck on your races.
Old 2006.03.12, 03:23 PM   #8
mini-z
Administrator

This reminded me that I'll be in AZ this summer I think - how far are you away from Sedona?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 01:24 AM   #9
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Well, we couldn’t even muster three drivers on Sunday, so we’ll have to reschedule the March OLPS. Saiyan, was Dink covered in mud? Digital Mafia, we haven’t heard a peep. You out there?

This weekend just became an extended test session. Saiyan and I ran a whole bunch of 3min races and tuned on our cars, which was pretty fun just the same.

Saturday night I worked out a good setup- at 45deg and raining.
Sunday morning was 49deg and sunny- setup went out the window.
I’m using Ruf’s setup sheets to log changes and track times. Invaluable stuff to track your changes.

We captured some HFAY times too, I’ll be sending those up soon.

Will3kgt, what time would you be available on Saturday? We usually race around 11:00am-3:00pm (or 5, or 6, etc). I have plenty of Core Tags if you need one.

Since we missed running the OLPS last weekend, and shouldn’t risk waiting until the end of the month, we pretty much have to do it this weekend. Even though you’ve already scored your points this month with the AA crew, I believe it’s still legal for you to be on track as a non-scoring car. In fact, since you’re above us in points, you’ll probably help our game!

Mini-Z, I think it’s about a three hour drive down hill from Sedona. Heck of a lot cooler up there though. It’d be great if you could join us.

I’ll be in England all of May. I need to hook up with ByeBye and the Stafford racers so I can get my May OLPS points. It’s getting to be an exchange driver program around here.
Old 2006.03.14, 08:34 AM   #10
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle
I believe it’s still legal for you to be on track as a non-scoring car. In fact, since you’re above us in points, you’ll probably help our game!

I’ll be in England all of May. I need to hook up with ByeBye and the Stafford racers so I can get my May OLPS points. It’s getting to be an exchange driver program around here.
the three car minimum rule is in place to eliminate solo runs and institute some traffic and passing skills. even if two or even 1 car is being scored, three cars have to be racing together for the run to be legal.

Mini-Z Driver Exchange program. that's a interesting ideal.
Old 2006.03.14, 01:59 PM   #11
byebye

England in May Dusty? I'll put it on my schedule! You'll have to make the visit!

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 06:11 PM   #12
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya Dink tried to get his Toyota 4x4 stuck several times from what i hear. He was trying to get tothe top of Four Peaks, and it was so muddy he couldn't get up there. He could see it from where he ended up turning around at, but i guess it was just to dangerous and since his truck is still new he didn't feel like denting it yet.
Old 2006.03.15, 12:06 AM   #13
will3kgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle
Well, we couldn’t even muster three drivers on Sunday, so we’ll have to reschedule the March OLPS. Saiyan, was Dink covered in mud? Digital Mafia, we haven’t heard a peep. You out there?

This weekend just became an extended test session. Saiyan and I ran a whole bunch of 3min races and tuned on our cars, which was pretty fun just the same.

Saturday night I worked out a good setup- at 45deg and raining.
Sunday morning was 49deg and sunny- setup went out the window.
I’m using Ruf’s setup sheets to log changes and track times. Invaluable stuff to track your changes.

We captured some HFAY times too, I’ll be sending those up soon.

Will3kgt, what time would you be available on Saturday? We usually race around 11:00am-3:00pm (or 5, or 6, etc). I have plenty of Core Tags if you need one.

Since we missed running the OLPS last weekend, and shouldn’t risk waiting until the end of the month, we pretty much have to do it this weekend. Even though you’ve already scored your points this month with the AA crew, I believe it’s still legal for you to be on track as a non-scoring car. In fact, since you’re above us in points, you’ll probably help our game!

Mini-Z, I think it’s about a three hour drive down hill from Sedona. Heck of a lot cooler up there though. It’d be great if you could join us.

Guys, I'm going to be in town on the 18th of March. I'll send you an Email soon to see if we can possibly hook up. I think my buddy picked up two tickets to the Safeway Golf Tournament. Just let me know what's going down this weekend.
Old 2006.03.16, 01:00 AM   #14
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Will3kgt, I looked up the location for the Golf tournament and wow, it’s about exactly the farthest point in the valley from my house. It’ll be about an hour drive from there, I’m waaay at the North end at 35th Ave and Deer Valley.

The upside is its pretty much all freeway. Take care on the Loop 101- They just installed photo radar, so don’t speed and be ready to dodge when people jam on their brakes because the camera flashed.

Near as I can tell, it looks like the tournament wraps up around 3:30, is that right?

I think this’ll workout- We’ll hold the OLPS on Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon. Maybe the new guy at the Toyota dealership that’s been wanting to join will be able to make it. Saiyan, you think Todd would be willing to run Saturday night after doing 1:10 during the day?

March OLPS, Saturday the 18th at my house. Racing under the lights!

5:00-5:30 Clockwise Practice
5:30-6:00 Clockwise Qualifying
6:00-6:30 Clockwise OLPS
6:30-7:00 Counterclockwise Practice
7:00-7:30 Counterclockwise Qualifying
7:30-8:00 Counterclockwise OLPS
8:00-*:** HFAY Track #3 Time Trials

ByeBye, I’m looking forward to racing with you guys. Do you know what day you’re all running the May OLPS? My Wife and I are taking our decade overdue honeymoon there and we’ll have to nudge our wanderings to be in that vicinity then.

Hey Brian, if I score my points in England, do they apply to Stafford or Mini-AZ for the Club Championship points?
Old 2006.03.17, 12:35 AM   #15
will3kgt

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my buddy and we have plans to go to golfing on Saturday..We're gonna try to make it. I'll send you an Email to get a phone # for directions. I'm leaving at 3:20pm tommorow.