Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.17, 12:48 AM   #16
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well if it becomes a conflict in time, perhaps we could do the usuall Sunday run. When are you leaving Phoenix?
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.17, 08:54 AM   #17
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle
Hey Brian, if I score my points in England, do they apply to Stafford or Mini-AZ for the Club Championship points?
They will count towards the Mini-AZ club points.
Old 2006.03.18, 01:07 PM   #18
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Will3kgt, I got your phone message, but you didn’t leave a number so I can’t call you back. Since you got my number I assume you reached Digital Mafia through Mini-AZ.com. I’ll contact him to call you. Go ahead and call me back though, just in case.

The race is 5pm today. Hope to see you here.

Thanks Brian, I agree that’s the best way to handle ‘traveling points’.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.18, 11:27 PM   #19
will3kgt

Sorry I didn't leave you a phone # I assumed you had caller ID. I was at the Raven golf course today...(I sucked) It was very windy today and the course is quite challenging. I plan on going to the Safeway tournament tommorow. So if you guys are still racing in the evening I'd like to run, I've got my whole arsenal here.....Incuding the MAMBA-Z. I'll try to give you a call right now.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.19, 12:10 AM   #20
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Ok, confusing day of scheduling. We only go to run the Clockwise OLPS today and put down some HFAY times, which I’ll upload soon (and the ones from last week that I forgot to do).

The plan was to run the Counterclockwise OLPS tomorrow, but after talking to Dink I decided to put it off until next Sunday. That way he can make it and DM will have more notice. I trust Saiyan can make it.

I’m leaving the track setup until tomorrow night anyway, so if anyone wants to come by and race or HFAY, come on over anytime after noon-ish.
Old 2006.03.19, 05:36 AM   #21
BrianMidnight

Thumbs down Dusty's coming to England

Quote:

I’ll be in England all of May. I need to hook up with ByeBye and the Stafford racers so I can get my May OLPS points. It’s getting to be an exchange driver program around here.
Dusty you and your family will be most welcome here in Stafford for the May races they will be held on a Sunday.........we'll let u pick which one. We will then book the venue for that date. Give it some thought and let us know which Sunday fits best with your travel plans.
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.20, 11:53 PM   #22
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Unfortunately we only got the Clockwise race in for the March OLPS. We’re going to try yet again this weekend to get the Counterclockwise round done. We’ll get this thing in yet.

The Porsche image is Dink making a 180deg turn during Saturday's OLPS. He's quick.

I have a bunch of HFAY times to sort through and upload, including a few new times. I’ll get to that shortly. I improved my times greatly, but not enough to advance.

Will3kgt of the Ann Arbor racers and his Phoenix friend were able to make it over Sunday evening after the Golf Tournament. Sadly none of the other Mini-AZ gang were able to make it, but we still had a lot of fun.

He showed me the MAMBA-Z he’s been working on. The street in front of my house is reasonably smooth and gravel free so he was able to open it up and that thing is a rocket ship. Watch out 1:10 racers, this thing will zip past and snap up the lead.

Will3kgt's friend picked up a controller and gave Mini-Z’s a try. Not bad for his first time at the controls. I’ll be sending in HFAY time for him under the moniker “Fast Turtle”. He was getting the hang of the Murcielago and we hope to see him at Mini-AZ some time.

After some HFAY for 02 and F1 we ran a few 5min races. Just look at the graph (AA_FunRun.jpg)! That was some exciting racing, and surprisingly clean given how close it was, though one bit of body work did fly off.

You may have seen pictures of Will3kgt’s duo-tone Enzo, but it’s hard for a still image to do it justice. I shot some video of it running under the lights and did some Photoshop Ninja stuff to composite together a single shot. This should give you an idea of what it looks like going around the track.

BRIANMIDNITE, thanks. My wife has the itinerary figured out, I’ve been so busy with work I don’t even know where we’re going when we get there. I’ll go over the schedule with her and figure out a day. Thanks again, I look forward to racing with you guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Will3kgtEnzo.jpg (86.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg AA_FunRun.jpg (105.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg PorscheBodyRoll.jpg (91.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 2006.03.22, 06:00 PM   #23
will3kgt

Thumbs down

Fastturtle and I had a great time at DustyWeasle's. Thanks for having us and we appreciate your hospitality. I wish I was able to charge batteries at one amp as opposed to whatever my crappy X-Mod charger does. Dusty W gave us a time trial clinic as my MR-02/w 01 board had it's troubles with its bad setup. (I'll try it again at the Ann Arbor race this Friday after Onrailz gives his most trusted opinion on how I should set the car up.) I'm also going to need 20 tires in the front of my F1 as it was pushing on corners.

I was really glad to get the Mamba-z out there I wish we could've got video footage but it was too dark...When I opened it up, it diappeared into the darkness within two seconds so I had to be careful. I've already talked to Sonicfury and we plan on shooting some movie footage soon....(By the way I had the Mamba on it's lowest setting. )

Anyway, upon my return home, I had a 4 hour layover in Detriot Guess what I did to pass the time....Ran my Mini-zs! A bunch of people who passed by asked me where I got them and how much they go for. I scared one lady with my Z because she thought it was a mouse. Needless to say the time flew by....A great time was had by all.
Old 2006.03.24, 11:15 PM   #24
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

That’s cool Will, I’m surprised airport security let you have the radio out. Airports have great carpets for carpet racing. Come to think of it, did you have any security problems with the Z’s? I’ll be hauling some gear with me to England, don’t wanna miss the flight because of a TX in my luggage.

After you left I switched batteries with the set on the table and the car went fast. So it turns out I did put the discharged batteries right back in the car rather than the new set. Doh!

Mini-AZ- OLPS #5 is in the books, but we have OLPS #6 still to run before the end of the month, so here’s the schedule. Saiyan has to work and it'll be a short schedule anyway, so our usual start time is moved out later:

Sunday 26th at my house:
(Track will be pre-assembled)
2:00-3:00 Track Opens/Practice
3:00-3:30 Counterclockwise Qualifying
3:30-4:00 Counterclockwise OLPS
4:00-*:** HFAY Track #3/Fun Runs
Old 2006.03.26, 12:17 AM   #25
will3kgt

I did get stopped in the PHX airport. When they pulled out my screwdriver I thought I was going to miss my flight for sure. However, the guy checking my stuff obviously was into R/Cs also because he asked me a bunch of questions about my X-Ray M-18 and my Mamba-Z rather than grilling me about the screwdriver and my wirecutters. He was amazed that I was able to put a brushless motor in a mini-z. He told me he did a lot of dirt racing and told me to look him up next time I'm in town.
I don't reccomend you bringing your mini-z on your flight to England with you. Your best bet is to check it in. If you do, just get to the airport early. I'm glad I had mine with during my four hour layover in Detriot. Good luck racing on Sunday, I hope Fastturtle makes it out if he can. (I think he's golfing tommorow.)
Old 2006.03.26, 12:58 AM   #26
byebye

I brought all my stuff that I race with. 3 radios, 6 cars and all my spares. They will probably open it up without you knowing but I doubt they will cut anything or take anything apart. In Germany they x-ray it while waiting in line for check-in. I got stopped thier because of a batt charger(didn't have z's with me). If you want you can mail them to me if you will be in London or even to Brian in Stafford. When ever you decide to come out and know the weekend you are gonna race, let us know.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.26, 01:00 AM   #27
byebye

@DW-You have email disabled. Shoot me an email through the forum. We can talk about what you may or may not need to bring.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.26, 02:19 AM   #28
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

(Oops, my e-mail was disabled. It’s open now)

I thought all that radio gear might turn the heads of a screener or two. Good to know in advance.

Thanks ByeBye. I think I’ll just bring it with me, maybe tool around at the hotels too. I’ll check it in with the bags. Good thinking on the bag checkers opening things, I’ll have to clearly label “This Side Up” on the pit box full of small, loose parts.

My plan is to only bring the McLaren LM, radio, and a smaller essentials pit box. Maybe my Kimi F1. Is there much F1 action at Stafford?

I still haven’t had time to sit down with the wife and figure out a May race day. Since Stafford is in the middle of England we’re leaning toward the second Sunday, but I want to nail down our route for sure first.

Well, I just finished setting up HFAY #3 for the fourth time this month (I’ve got the track map memorized now). Remember how cold it was last week, Will3kgt? Tomorrow is projected to be around 85deg. My GPM 8’s are going to melt.

I gave the track a test run with the Murcielago and it felt a little odd, then I started hearing a scraping sound. Turns out the screws holding the T-Plate to the motor mount had backed half way out. So, Fast Turtle did better than he appeared last weekend since the motor pod was falling off.
Old 2006.03.27, 03:15 PM   #29
BrianMidnight

Quote:
(Oops, my e-mail was disabled. It’s open now)

My plan is to only bring the McLaren LM, radio, and a smaller essentials pit box. Maybe my Kimi F1. Is there much F1 action at Stafford
Just to wet your appetite Dusty we've got 9 racers with F1's . Below are the various tt times showing we have fast guys and not so fast guys. Bring yours and maybe we'll have 10 racers on a 5 wide L layout in May. Our HFAY Sunday runs from 1300hrs til 2200hrs but it flys by.We race the OLPS & TT towards the end of the day.

hfay tt track 3 F1 - 20060319
Course: HFAY #3, Lap Limit: 50,
Rank Laps Time Name Car
1 50 4:46. bye-bye f1 jordan dhl
2 50 4:55. mad max f1 williams bmw
3 50 5:14. Wolfie f1 jordan dhl
4 50 5:28. rocket rich f1 ferrari
5 50 5:42. jonny f1 2003 ferrari
6 50 6:05. bond power f1 jordan dhl
7 50 6:37. Drew f1 jordan dhl
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.08, 05:25 AM   #30
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

April OLPS

Ok then, my garage it is. The forecast is for 90deg, so yeah, if Dink could bring the A/C unit that’d help.

April OLPS, Sunday the 9th at Dusty's house. This is a new layout none of us has run yet. Gonna be fun.

(Track will be pre-assembled)
11:00-12:00 Clockwise Practice
12:00-12:30 Tech and Clockwise Qualifying
12:30-1:00 Clockwise OLPS
1:00-1:30 Lunch and/or Counterclockwise Practice
1:30-2:00 Counterclockwise Qualifying
2:00-2:30 Counterclockwise OLPS
2:30-*:** HFAY Track #4 Time Trials