Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.01.29, 10:32 PM   #1
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Fun Run Events

We've discussed running a non-AZGT series and/or stand-alone events to be inserted here and there to breakup the season with some variety. So rather than jump straight into AZGT Season III, I suggest we do a stand-alone fun run on the 24th instead.

Now I've had a monopoly on rules duty since the club's inception, so it's time to let someone else take a swing at it.

Joe, you've been pretty vocal about how to stage a race , so I'm going to toss the ball to you if you'd like. You had a series of qualifiers and bumps in mind, I'd like to give that a try. (Besides, Hood and Brad already have a monopoly on layouts by winning so much ).

Enduro, short sprints, whatever you prefer. I suggest an Open Class race as I think there's some pent-up mod power in the club just waiting to be unleashed . Put together the rules, design/select a track that will fit at DJ's, and figure out the schedule for the day to fit it all in. I'll program the lap counter so it's ready to go.

Would everyone be interested in racing something like this before the Season III start?

Note: The 10th at Joe's is still the OLPS as planned. I'll post the formal announcement shortly in the other thread.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 09:31 AM   #2
Hood
Corvette Killer

Yearly AZGT series?

Dusty had commented that the first AZGT took the entire year. Maybe this should be the normal with a race every other month for the points. We could schedule out the six races between now and December and so people would know in advance what days to reserve.

I also think this is a great time for the club to review the rules for the new AZGT. After what we watched during the qualifying on Saturday, we need to rethink the qualifying and battery changes. These rules should ensure that everyone makes an effort to qualify and there should be a penalty for bad sportsmanship.

(ie: During our sprint races, it would be no advantage to sit-out and save batteries because we are giving out points along the way.. In the LeMans type events we need to increase the points total, Maybe give points after each breakout.. Award the cars that don't get eliminated in the first 10 laps with points similiar to the sprint races to force people to run their best, or eliminate the battery rule so they have no reason to not run.)

Thanks,
Hood
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 10:31 PM   #3
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Well, Season I was only supposed to take six months, but took a year because of schedule disruptions.

I didn't have a Fun Run schedule in mind, but I suppose we could plan them in. Maybe split it up every couple events. I'd rather the local series didn't take a full year to complete by design, it's easy enough for it to slip into a year by accident.

Since I'm handling the AZGT format, I'd like other members to design and manage the Fun Runs. So whatever you guys come up with.

*Fun Run
Week 1 Sprint
Week 2 Sprint
*Fun Run
Week 3 Petit Le Mans
Week 4 Sprint
*Fun Run
Week 5 Sprint
Week 6 Le Mans

I don't know what got into everyone for Qualifying. It was essentially the same format as we did for the Petit Le Mans and everyone had fun with that. The big difference here was 10 laps on this special track was about 2866ft worth of battery power and uphill no less. On our typical tracks it would be around 1000ft and level, and you would still only need one battery change.

But just the same I'll think about it. Maybe I'll borrow from the Sprint A-B stints and award 4-2-1 points to the top three qualifiers instead of just 1 for TQ.

(Now, if I had it my way:
Week 1 F1
Week 1 Sprint
Week 2 F1
Week 2 Sprint
Week 3 F1
Week 3 Petit Le Mans
Week 4 F1
Week 4 Sprint
Week 5 F1
Week 5 Sprint
Week 6 F1