Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.12.04, 05:05 PM   #16
Electrofied

I disagree... The Clodbuster has two motors and runs on the same number of sells as a TC3...

The inovation would be in the ESC and instead of using the AAA going with something else

E
Old 2003.12.04, 05:08 PM   #17
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Small scale like a Z is way diffrent than a full size WRX.
Old 2003.12.04, 05:19 PM   #18
Electrofied

No, not really. The mini z has less parts and is much simpler in design. However, a mini z is effected by the same laws of physics as a WRX, TC3, Clodbuster, etc...

I guess I am really surprised how willingly you just accept that something is not feasably possible as well as your misconceptions of what a 4wd MiniZ would be like. If you are happy with it then that is all that matters. However, I expect far more for my money than a glorified toy. For $174 I expect something more along the lines of the HPI RS4 RTR. I know it is different in scale, but my point is that Kyosho is charging only $20 less for something that is smaller, has less features, has far fewer upgrades other than visual upgrades, and it is not even 4wd.

E
Old 2003.12.04, 05:32 PM   #19
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Quote:
Originally posted by Electrofied
No, not really. The mini z has less parts and is much simpler in design.

E
Isn't that what Mini-Z's are about, less parts simpler design = fun. If it had extra parts you spend more time working on it = less fun.
Old 2003.12.04, 06:42 PM   #20
bithed
Retired Super Hero

Send a message via MSN to bithed Send a message via Yahoo to bithed
...I will translate KYOSHO's 'official' comments on this tonight... They have pretty much explained themselves in the book / magazine they have just released...I should have it up by the time you all go to bed / get up on Saturday...I have successfully whittled my required sleep time to 5 hours
Old 2003.12.04, 08:53 PM   #21
Mr. Furious

I think the whole "monster trucks must be 4x4" thing is a little overworked. Watch the videos of the Mini-Z mad force. It looks like a monster truck, it drives like a monster truck and sure looks like it tackles obstacles like a monster truck. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck......it's probably a duck. I also think people's views of what a monster truck is has been screwed up by the current batch of monster trucks that are out there. The originals like the Clod Buster were rock crawlers and car crushers based on the real deal at the monster truck shows. The new breed of monsters is based on 1/8 buggies with huge tires that go insanely fast and take tons of abuse but won't crawl on rocks for anything. The name Mini-Z Monster is just differentiating this vehicle from the others the way the overland was a differentiation from the racer. It would be neat to have a 4x4 mini-z but if Kyosho can get the job done by designing a good 2 wheel drive vehicle then good for them. As far as the price....$169.99 with free bearings and shipping on this site is pretty reasonable for a brand new vehicle that has been highly anticipated. When you figure the bearings are about $10 alone, you're only paying $10 more than you would for an Overland. The 2wd overlands are pretty capable off-roaders so who really cares if they are 2wd or 4wd? I think the Monster will be a fun addition to the mini-z line and will allow you to do a little more of what we all do anyways (drive too fast and jump stuff) without breaking parts and rolling over so easy. That's my 2 cents.
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.04, 09:45 PM   #22
Digisane
Mini-z Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by Electrofied
No, not really. The mini z has less parts and is much simpler in design. However, a mini z is effected by the same laws of physics as a WRX, TC3, Clodbuster, etc...

E

Can't say about the TC3 and the rest but if you're comparing to a full sized WRX, then that WRX would have to run at speed of more than 350KMH on straights and 290+-KMH in corners to be comparable to a mini-z.

The laws of physics is different in smaller scales.
Old 2003.12.05, 01:30 AM   #23
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Well said Mr. Furious. Also thanks to you Digisane. After watching the video it reminds me of the old Tamiya Blackfoot and Midnite Pumkin trucks. Those were not four wheel drive ether, but they were very popular back in the day. The fact that they were two wheel drive they would get up and move. If you think about it these trucks were based on buggies as well.
Old 2003.12.05, 01:56 AM   #24
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Kyosho needs to release a white body for this thing. Maybe some other styles of truck bodies. After all monster trucks scream "CUSTOMISE ME". I already seen the chassis parts and I like the clear gear box. I am sure everybody will most likely put a model truck body on it.
Old 2003.12.05, 08:41 AM   #25
mailboxck

Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck
Making a 4wd system in 1/28 scale would be too complex. An hpi mircro is 1/18 scale and a abc dtm or a mini x is 1/24 and both aren't very known to be durable. Imagine if that much more abuse would be put on an off roader.

And besides, do you have an idea how the diff layout would be. Drac has been making some plans and still hasn't got a cheap and efficient way on making one. It'll be much too expensive and plus, a company like kyosho...cheap is not in their vocabulary.

As for me, at least, now you have something to jump around the pillows on your bed or something to scare the neighborhood cat away. That'll be good enough for me. It'll be at least 2 more years before someone makes a real 4wd mini monster. And don't tell me about the mini x converted to a monster story. I've seen it and doesn't look that durable to me.

And the body...hmm...if it uses the overland chassis or something like it. I hope you could use the old bodies on it. Hmm...that would be cool
Old 2003.12.05, 08:53 AM   #26
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the body clips on the mad force use round pegs instead of slots. i don't know why kyosho changed this but i doubt it would be hard to get an overland body on there. just sucks they are making us do the work.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.05, 01:27 PM   #27
Vagabond
Drift master

I don't think that it's their intention to let us do all the work. But to come out with new body shells for us to buy. That make more sense. After all, after so many mini series that's in the market, and how many hopup parts they have produce. Now that's business..
Old 2003.12.05, 01:53 PM   #28
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
yes, but the the 01 and 02 racer use the same mounting slots and they have more differences than the overland and monster have...why make them different?!? i don't see the logic...
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.05, 11:18 PM   #29
vispucee

Maybe they found that the peg mounting was simpler and easier than the slots. personally, i find it hard to take of a pajero's body. The mini mad force is just a step towards the 4x4 mini monster that will come like the vintage monsters.
vispucee is offline   Reply With Quote