Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Closed Thread

Old 2008.10.20, 07:09 PM   #31
pinwc4

For the sake of getting something out there I am releasing an Alpha version of the software now. It is still incomplete, needs polish and has bugs but it will run races. We used it a week ago to run our local races.

Windows Download
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downloads/fsraceWin.zip

Mac Universal Binary
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downloads/fsraceOSX.zip

Linux Download
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downloads/fsraceLinux.zip

This has only been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX 10.5 so far. The Linux version ran for me but I have not had time to test actually using the Core lap counter with it.

Please submit bugs you find to the following website:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/fslapcounter/

Before posting a new bug please check to see if someone has already reported it. For example one big bug that is known is when exporting the report there is a rounding error that causes the times to look like this, 5.0699999999999999, instead of 5.07.

I will also hopefully start working on the documentation soon. Most the important stuff is hopefully obvious other than what you need to get started.

Configure the Core lap counter

Before you can use the Core lap counter you must configure the serial device. This is done by going to the Config. page of the software. Toward the bottom of this page you need to select which COM device that the Core lap counter is on and click the save connection button.

Windows Specific: Most likely in Windows the COM device will be the last in the list.

Mac Specific: Most likely the device will start with usbserial- followed by a series of numbers

Add new racers

After you have configured your hardware you are now ready to add new racers. When the racer is in the middle of the antenna you can click the create new racer button to create a new blank racer. Then click the scan button to read the RFID tag. After you have set the name and other settings to what you want click the save button. You are now ready to add another racer.

Selecting racers for a race

If you line up all the racers for a race within the antenna and click the scan button they will be automatically added. Or if you click the add button next to the slots. A window will pop up allow you to select which racers you want to participate in the race. This window allows multi-selection. Up to 8 racers can be added to a race at any time. Racers can only be removed if a race has not started.

Last edited by pinwc4; 2008.10.20 at 08:35 PM.
Old 2008.10.20, 08:27 PM   #32
briankstan

I'm downloading now. I'll test is some tomorrow.
Old 2008.10.20, 11:38 PM   #33
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I'm downloading now. I'll test is some tomorrow.
Thanks,

I will try to post a new .exe tomorrow night to fix the exported report bugs. The rounding problem was introduced in the last minutes because I upgraded to the latest software environment. Just need to roll back and recompile for that one.
Old 2008.10.20, 11:46 PM   #34
briankstan

I ran a few quick test laps with it, It was working fine, then all the sudden it started missing a few laps. My laptop decided to do the automatic update so I think that was the issue.

Does the software write information to the transponder? I used the scan feature and it seems that the only information that was read was the unique ID. so my assumption is that it strickly goes off of the UID, and not any of the information that is stored on the transponder from Core.
Old 2008.10.21, 08:01 AM   #35
pinwc4

Quote:
I ran a few quick test laps with it, It was working fine, then all the sudden it started missing a few laps. My laptop decided to do the automatic update so I think that was the issue.

Does the software write information to the transponder? I used the scan feature and it seems that the only information that was read was the unique ID. so my assumption is that it strickly goes off of the UID, and not any of the information that is stored on the transponder from Core.
Hopefully it was just Automatic Updates getting in the way, they can bog down a machine when they are running.

Currently I do not write any data to the transponder. Everything is in the database and based off the UID. In the future I do want to at least import the data from the Core tags but other tasks are a higher priority.

Oh and just to mention again as this was way back on the first page, with this software you can use generic RFID tags like these:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...=481-1066-1-ND
Old 2008.10.21, 09:40 AM   #36
briankstan

I do remember and I'll have some generic transponders to test with soon, they should arrive tomorrow according to Fedex tracking.

this is one of the great highlights of your software, along with being able to export the results to the HFAY format for submitting the results. this should potentially save me alot of time.
Old 2008.10.21, 12:00 PM   #37
briankstan

I noticed that it keeps track of the time in seconds, so a if the time is 4:22.06 it displays it as 262.06 Is your plan to keep it like this?

So far this morning I've ran a few Time Trial test and everything has worked great. The problem last night must have been my auto update bogging down my laptop.
Old 2008.10.21, 06:09 PM   #38
pinwc4

New version available

I have posted a new build. Go to http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/fslapcounter/ to download the latest version.

If you are upgrading just download the exe and overwrite it. This way you keep any old reports and racers that you have entered.

In regards to errors, some of the report problems have been corrected. Windows will not display duplicate lap entries in the report. The rounding error has been eliminated (although old races will still have the wrong value in the database it will be displayed correctly). And a problem displaying the report logo in IE has been corrected.

2 know report bugs remain. In both Linux and Mac OSX the report will not launch correctly. The report is correctly generated in the report directory so you can navigate to it I just still need to come up with a universal way to launch the XML file in a web browser.
Old 2008.10.21, 06:12 PM   #39
pinwc4

Quote:
I noticed that it keeps track of the time in seconds, so a if the time is 4:22.06 it displays it as 262.06 Is your plan to keep it like this?

So far this morning I've ran a few Time Trial test and everything has worked great. The problem last night must have been my auto update bogging down my laptop.
Good to hear that it worked better. I may need to come up with a way to make the application run as a higher priority so that other apps are less likely to interfere.

In regards to time it can be changed. What way do you rather it be? Should we go with HH:MM:SS.SS as the format? And should it have leading 0's? For example can we go like this:

00:04:22.06

or should it just be shortened to just 4:22.06?

For the HFAY export it should already be in the format MM:SS.SS but as you noted on the main interface it is just seconds.
Old 2008.10.21, 08:09 PM   #40
Z_408

I downloaded the software today and it works well. Can the program do heats and mains? I do not see where it can sort mains. Also on the html, can you have it round to the hundredths?

great job.

www.insidelineracing.com
Old 2008.10.21, 08:11 PM   #41
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
Good to hear that it worked better. I may need to come up with a way to make the application run as a higher priority so that other apps are less likely to interfere.

In regards to time it can be changed. What way do you rather it be? Should we go with HH:MM:SS.SS as the format? And should it have leading 0's? For example can we go like this:

00:04:22.06

or should it just be shortened to just 4:22.06?

For the HFAY export it should already be in the format MM:SS.SS but as you noted on the main interface it is just seconds.
it probably should be HH:MM:SS.SS for the main interface. The HFAY report looked perfect from my testing.

I ran about 500 laps with the software today and it worked flawlessly. We are racing this thursday and I'll put it though some testing there with more than just me on the track.

so far the functionality of the software is nice, it's easy to understand and to use.
Old 2008.10.21, 08:26 PM   #42
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_408 View Post
I downloaded the software today and it works well. Can the program do heats and mains? I do not see where it can sort mains. Also on the html, can you have it round to the hundredths?

great job.
Thanks for checking it out.

Right now this is just for doing individual races, it does not do race day or point series management. I want this part feature complete and reliable before tackling that.

If you downloaded the software yesterday what you are seeing is the rounding bug I mentioned. It is taken care of in todays build and will only show the times at 1/100ths resolution. Just download the exe for your platform and overwrite it so you can retain your existing racers and results.
Old 2008.10.21, 08:31 PM   #43
pinwc4

Quote:
it probably should be HH:MM:SS.SS for the main interface. The HFAY report looked perfect from my testing.

I ran about 500 laps with the software today and it worked flawlessly. We are racing this thursday and I'll put it though some testing there with more than just me on the track.

so far the functionality of the software is nice, it's easy to understand and to use.
Thanks for the compliments.

Glad to hear the HFAY report looked right. We plan on running our HFAY races this weekend using this software.

With the HH:MM:SS.SS format do you think I should leave the leading 0's for consistency or take them out for simplicity? Basically for smaller times should it show 00:07:55.23 or just 7:55.23?
Old 2008.10.21, 08:41 PM   #44
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
Thanks for the compliments.

Glad to hear the HFAY report looked right. We plan on running our HFAY races this weekend using this software.

With the HH:MM:SS.SS format do you think I should leave the leading 0's for consistency or take them out for simplicity? Basically for smaller times should it show 00:07:55.23 or just 7:55.23?
I personally like the look without the leading 0's, but really either would be acceptable.

We do have F1 in HFAY now so I added that as a Chassis, it was simple enough to do.
Old 2008.10.21, 08:51 PM   #45
pinwc4

Quote:
I personally like the look without the leading 0's, but really either would be acceptable.

We do have F1 in HFAY now so I added that as a Chassis, it was simple enough to do.
Sounds good, I will try to work on it tomorrow.

Is F1 the only thing you added to the chassis list? Looking at the HFAY site it looks like you just call it F1, there are no other F1 chassis to consider?
Closed Thread