Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.02.05, 05:38 PM   #1
CollectorX

New to the Forums (Intro)

Hello everyone, Im new to the Forums, been poking around on here for some time now and finally got the time to say hi. I have been into 1/28 scale RC cars for 5-6 years about the time when the Xmods came out. A friend of mine who loves to race real cars introduced me to these little cars and eventually since I also collect 1:18 diecast I found out about Kyosho Mini-Zs. Which for those who do not know about Kyosho making diecast they are quite infamous in the diecast collecting world, which I was a part of for quite some time (see DiecastXchange's forums, another slippery slope hobby). But now I have shifted to Mini Zs.

I have to admit that since I did not know any better I fooled around with the Xmods a bit too much and have an extensive collection of painted bodies and working chassis. Also have done every upgrade one could imagine as well as some prototypes, and one offs as new ideas for the Xmods came. Too bad Xmods are no where near the stratosphere of the Mini-Z)

A few years back I bought 2 MR-02s and an MR-015 when AM was actually in. Then took a break bc lost interest (no where to race back home) and recently learned about the MR-03 ASF and its been down hill especially finding a local track in the area. The ASF is a dream and I can never go back!

Anyway this place is full of great information. and glad I joined up.

This is a photo of the only car I race at the moment, MR-03 MM with some decent mods, next I want to buy a decent Tx...
CollectorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.09, 09:28 PM   #2
HeavyZ

Hey, CollectorX - welcome to the forum. I can't believe nobody's welcomed you by now. (Come on, y'all - don't be a DB.) Anyway, I know where you're coming from with those 1:18th scale Kyoshos. They're a great company - a good product for a decent price.
HeavyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.09, 10:58 PM   #3
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
waaaaasuuup! welcome! to the forums!....

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.13, 06:27 PM   #4
CollectorX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyZ View Post
Hey, CollectorX - welcome to the forum. I can't believe nobody's welcomed you by now. (Come on, y'all - don't be a DB.) Anyway, I know where you're coming from with those 1:18th scale Kyoshos. They're a great company - a good product for a decent price.
Thanks! haha DB, we used to say that at work alot, Im not sure if we are talking about the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
waaaaasuuup! welcome! to the forums!....
Thanks man!
CollectorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.19, 12:01 PM   #5
mini-z
Administrator

Welcome CollectorX!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.19, 12:14 PM   #6
hrdrvr
MBMZR

CollectorX - WELCOME TO MZR!! We hope you enjoy your stay.....

HeavyZ - WELCOME TO MZR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyZ View Post
I can't believe nobody's welcomed you by now.
FWIW, this is one of the least "chatty" forums Ive been on. What it lacks in "welcomes" it more than makes up for with valuable information This is what makes it my favorite forum

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.19, 12:40 PM   #7
mini-z
Administrator

Yeah, it's been a while since we've had a thread like this...!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote