Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.08.22, 12:29 PM   #1
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
The Official Nor Cal Racing Thread

OK, here it is, the official (not really, but what the heck) Bay Area/ Northern Califonia racing thread. Here we go. This is just information I've compiled, if it's wrong, not my fault If you have any more, post them here!

Mini-Z Racing:
  • Union City Auto Body/*******.com
    1250 Pacific Av, Union City
    Track open weekends, more detailed schedule at site, no fee system yet
  • KEI Stylist
    Bayfair Mall, San Leandro
    Track open when store is open, $5 per hour
  • Castle Hobbies (yup, that's right)
    14918 Camden Av
    Free to run unless a league is running
  • SlotCars Unlimited
    I-85 and Camden, San Jose (near Nickel City)
    Racing Saturdays from 11AM and practice Wednesday nights from 6-9PM, $5 to race/practice

Micro RS4 Racing:
  • Sheldon's Hobbies
    2135 Old Oakland Rd, San Jose
    Racing 2nd and 4th Saturdays, $10 for racing and practice all day
  • Airborne Hobbies
    5049 College Oak Dr #H, Sacramento
    Racing every Friday night, 6:30-8PM and I hear it's free!
  • Speedworld Raceway
    90 Corporation Yard Rd., Roseville
    Racing 1st and 3rd Thursday nights, track opens for Micro practice at 5:30PM, racing starts at 7:15PM, not sure of price
  • Delta R/C Raceway
    1201 W 10th St, Anitoch
    Racing Sunday mornings 10AM (I think)

Last edited by Rick; 2002.10.14 at 10:10 PM.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.08.22, 12:38 PM   #2
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
No race at Sheldon's this weekend

And no open track at UCAB/*******.com

AAAAARRRGH! I think there's racing at Airborne Hobbies, if anyone is willing to go that far.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.12, 01:22 AM   #3
Maxfield

Unhappy

Anybody know what tracks are av ailable in the SF Bay Area these days? Many of the old tracks aren't running anymore.

I know Hobbytown in San Carlos has moved to the east bay, but they aren't up and running in the new store yet. Kei Stylist has a small non-RCP track up in the north bay, and there is a garage track that a few folks were trying to run earlier in the summer, but it seemed to lose steam.
Maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 07:14 PM   #4
terraz

Question for Bay area peoples

I would be willing to set up track (RCP Two wide L) in Livermore East bay.

I order for me to do this ,set up and take down (It will be outside)

I will have to charge.. What would you expect to pay to have a track you could race on???

Also I will rent cars out to get others involved...

It would be evey other sunday???

What I would like to eventualy do is rent a building with more permanent place to race....

Any thoughts?????
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.24, 06:04 PM   #5
BovineD

Hopefully when the new Hobbytown opens up in Fremont it will become THE place for Z racing in the bay area. A 4X setup of RCP tracks plus a good supply of parts and sets should go a long way to establishing a solid Z community. I know that I will be dragging at least 6 people to the races as I was responsible for getting them into it, and I can't wait to meet some of the other locals around here.

October is only a week away so maybe we should all focus on getting everyone involved with that instead of setting up spot tracks. I know my PVC pipe track at work here in Fremont is getting a bit long in the tooth....
BovineD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.24, 08:42 PM   #6
byebye

Have you guys tried Z-club? They moved south from japan town to somewhere, can't remember. I went there after they opened up. That track is huge, non-rcp, maybe fatigue mats. Alot of fun and I think it's like 8 bucks an hour. I did notice that they hook you up as I think they don't get as much business as they would like. They also hold tournaments there. They had one and gave away rtr sets and even a flat panel lcd. Good people there too. They love to help fix your car up and tune it. They have a FET service there also. Normal pricing and if you burn it up there at the track they most likely will fix it for free(they did for me anyway ). Check it out I think it's zclubrcc.com? It's alot of fun.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 08:45 PM   #7
Sick Srt-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BovineD
Hopefully when the new Hobbytown opens up in Fremont it will become THE place for Z racing in the bay area. A 4X setup of RCP tracks plus a good supply of parts and sets should go a long way to establishing a solid Z community. I know that I will be dragging at least 6 people to the races as I was responsible for getting them into it, and I can't wait to meet some of the other locals around here.

October is only a week away so maybe we should all focus on getting everyone involved with that instead of setting up spot tracks. I know my PVC pipe track at work here in Fremont is getting a bit long in the tooth....
Saturdays are NICE at the hobbytown. Also the Hobbytown in San Carlos, I believe moved to Palo Alto?

There is also perhaps the event of a private track coming up late this summer, run by a firend of mine in hayward. He is thinking of starting a bay area Mini-Z Club.
Old 2005.08.06, 12:52 PM   #8
Maxfield

The Hobbytown in Fremont is great, but I'd visit a new track in Hayward. I have a lot of RCP track too and would be willing to combine it with someone else's track. Got a lap timer on order too, so we have real racing.
Maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.05, 02:37 PM   #9
chemman14

bumping for a possible location of a track furthere north near sac or even chico (i doubt it)
chemman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.22, 01:38 PM   #10
miniznoob

Send a message via ICQ to miniznoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemman14
bumping for a possible location of a track furthere north near sac or even chico (i doubt it)
+1 we race right now about 3 of us at fast track hobbies i think the website is fthobbies.com? but its only 5 bucks all day! we race usually after work here, and after hours there.
miniznoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.17, 02:02 PM   #11
newm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfield
The Hobbytown in Fremont is great, but I'd visit a new track in Hayward. I have a lot of RCP track too and would be willing to combine it with someone else's track. Got a lap timer on order too, so we have real racing.
where is the track in hayward? do you have address and/or website? thx.
newm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.11, 12:07 AM   #12
hoolahoop

Hey thought I would bump this thread. I am in the bay area and new to mini-z. Thought I might like to try out some pro tracks somewhere or race for fun (dunno how popular it is though...)

I had a few questions though. Typically how old are the people that goto these and are there people who actively take part in these?
hoolahoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.17, 05:20 PM   #13
Slipstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoolahoop
Hey thought I would bump this thread. I am in the bay area and new to mini-z. Thought I might like to try out some pro tracks somewhere or race for fun (dunno how popular it is though...)

I had a few questions though. Typically how old are the people that goto these and are there people who actively take part in these?
The age ranges but it doesn't matter. Just have fun with you min z.

Are you worried that you're too old for us?
Slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.08.18, 06:58 PM   #14
stuZ
mini-z muckraker

club28rc

Club28
If you are in the bay area, check this place out.
It is a fun,big track, everyone there is nice, and they have great selection of parts.
I've only been a handful of times, but have always left wishing it was closer to me...
stuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.08.24, 01:47 AM   #15
jbenthobbies

Micro track in Fresno,CA

There will be a 40x25 rcp with corescoring system. Track will be located at Fresno Fair grounds and Clovis Rec. dept. We are planning on running on Weds night and Sundays. For info email at jbent5509@sbcglobal.net
jbenthobbies is offline   Reply With Quote