Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Custom Bodies

Old 2004.04.25, 06:29 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Talking tribute to this great place (RACING BODIES)

i know i have custom paint scheme sketches floating around in various threads but i've decided to use one or more for a series if you will... my goal is to create a fleet of racing bodies all with a consistent theme dedicated to paying homage to this great place in which i get to share my work and see soo much inspiring work from others as well as show my appreciation to mini-z himself whom spends countless hours behind the scene's making this place what it is

so here is what i have thus far:

overlands
mini-zracer bmw x5
mini-zracer land cruiser
mini-zracer hummer

f1
bmw f1

i also do this to generate ideas as well as pass the time inbetween projects and waiting on projects. i'll get some racer's done soon

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.05.03 at 02:29 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.25, 07:06 PM   #2
mini-z
Administrator

mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.26, 01:59 AM   #3
Cian
All Your Base

Send a message via Yahoo to Cian
Thumbs up

Lookin Good, Arch!

I have been thinking about something like this for a while, some thing like a "Team mini-ZRacer.com"

those pics you have , do you just alter the contrast and brightness for your templates?

This would make a great competition.. </hint>
Keep 'em coming!
Old 2004.04.26, 06:14 AM   #4
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

Send a message via AIM to RedRSX
arch, if you are gonna use that scheme for the 2005 Kyosho Cup, will you only use one of those OVERLAND bodies? Or will you use all three (if you can...im not familiar with K. Cup rules)?? They all look spectacular!! I think we were talking about which racer body to do that scheme to. I think either the diablo, the enzo, or the Mercedes CLK would be some of the best choices for that scheme. If the drawings dont take all that long (which im sure they do), try and do the enzo or diablo first...i think those would sport that scheme the best. If you have some extra time draw up either of those, id love to see them ....The other bodies LOOK GREAT!!!

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires

Last edited by RedRSX; 2004.04.26 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling
RedRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.26, 08:43 AM   #5
arch2b

the rules referr to being sponsored.... nothing wrong with a branded car. i would be paying for it as well, so it's not a sponsored item so to speak. it's more like a rolling billboard

i have a diablo sketch already in progress. the clk is a good idea too. i would like to try the mr-01 clk and mr-02 supra. i really don't like any of the mr-02 ferrari's so i don't expect to have any of those done. depending on how much i get better (driving skills) if at all, i could end up with one body from each class. i do plan on making more than one for each class as i like changing them around frequently. what i don't use explicitly for the cup races i will use for my track or who knows, maybe another contest or something. who knows, if there is demand, you might find them in the shop here?!? would these be something other's would be intereseted in buying?
Old 2004.04.26, 01:36 PM   #6
Pedro Castro

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
my goal is to create a fleet of racing bodies all with a consistent theme dedicated to paying homage to this great place in which i get to share my work and see soo much inspiring work from others as well as show my appreciation to mini-z himself whom spends countless hours behind the scene's making this place what it is
You're the man, arch !!
And Mini-z deserves all our credits, for he is the masterpiece behind all this.

Thank you both !! Really!!
MY GALLERY Overland Pajero #200 / Racer Skiline / Racer Stratos / Racer K.I.T.T. / Racer Skiline GTR / Racer Beetle
Pedro Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.26, 01:54 PM   #7
mini-z
Administrator

You guys rock! Not to change the subject, but, if you enjoy the site now, just wait until you see what we've got up our sleeve!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.26, 10:43 PM   #8
arch2b

excited to show this one i think it came out well!

from print to scan it typically takes about 4/5 hours per sketch...

anyway, here is the first racer sketch!

mr-01
mini-zracer.com mercedes clk

next is to finish the diablo...
Old 2004.04.26, 11:16 PM   #9
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
I have a crude start of a SKIN for a 3d Car in the Live For Speed game, that is Mini-ZRacer.com colors etc.. and says the url on the rear bumper (for other racers to see behnd me LOL) -- but the stupid program would not let me take a screen shot or Ida posted it last night...

its too bad the other racers have to install the skin to see it on my car.. or it would be a good advertising gimmick .
Old 2004.04.26, 11:35 PM   #10
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

arch, man I knew that CLK would look good...i really think that is a winner! I could still see the enzo looking pretty spectacular too!! You said they take 4-5 hours, so maybe you can try and visualize it in your head and think if it would look good...i can see it lookin pretty good...if you have some free tiem...draw it up! GREAT JOB MAN!!!!

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires
Old 2004.04.26, 11:46 PM   #11
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Just a start of a skin, very empty so far was mostly a test to see if I could get the lines to line up on the sides... I could always try to hack arches design into a skin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mzr1.jpg (80.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg mzr2.jpg (67.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 2004.04.27, 08:59 PM   #12
arch2b

ok, who asked for the mercedes g55

overland
mercedes g55
Old 2004.04.27, 09:16 PM   #13
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

i believe i asked for the G55!!!...looks incredible! It is gonna be so hard to choose which is my fav...cant wait for the diablo and C5R! Keep it up man!

Old 2004.04.27, 09:21 PM   #14
arch2b

thanks

comming up
diablo
cr5
harrier
enzo
wide body skyline
Old 2004.04.28, 09:12 PM   #15
arch2b

finished the diablo tonight!

mr-02
diablo

off topic- there have been a rash of arguments stemming from opposing opinions...i thought i would show an example of how they could be handled....this same thread on another forum you'll see the response's are not like those here but equally important and just as valid.

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.04.29 at 08:42 AM.