Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.08.27, 09:54 AM   #1
Sumbody
Mini-Z Novice

12-Channel Crystals

Is it possible to get the 12 Channel crystal sets here in the US? We have a group locally who all race and have to limit each race to only 6. I noticed that some of our Mini-Z crystals are from the JP set (Black numbers) while all of us have US transmitter crystals. It would be great if we could get some of the JP crystals to fill out our races to a full 12! If anyone knows if they're legal in the US and where to order them....
Sumbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 10:01 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
if they were legal, they would be available here....
other methods for increasing the number of users has been discussed here...search on the subject
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 12:15 PM   #3
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
Are they legal? No. Is someone from the FCC going to hunt you down and slap you with a fine? Probably not. I mean, the only way they're going to find you is if you interfere with something important. I've seen people using illegal crystals and nothing happens to them. Try some international websites (HK, JP, etc.) to get the middle crystals.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 05:11 PM   #4
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

I have 12 Epoch indoor racers that shipped with 12 different crystals sets. I use the Epochs for events with younger and less experienced kids. I do not recommend using all 12 at one time. The half crystals are too close to each other and I do experience frequency overlap if the cars and transmitters are physically too close to one another. I try to seperate the 12 different crystal sets in groups of 6 at a time to prevent overlap.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 07:52 PM   #5
herman

sigh... i remember one time there were at least 10 cars on the track... it was really fun while it lasted... whoa... lemmie into that fray!!!!

but if you have 2 sets of the 6 frequencies, why not odd ball the other set - put the rx(car) crystal in the tx(controller), and the tx(controller) crystal in the rx(car)

that way you will able to run all 12 cars... just don't know if it'll be legal though...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 09:07 PM   #6
SSJ Char
Z-less master!

when you oddball, is there ever any interference between the the like bands?
SSJ Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.08.27, 10:09 PM   #7
fraz

At our track we can have a total of 30 frequencies at a time and we have not had any glitches unless the cars themselves had problems. At the peak we had 16 cars at the same time racing on a relatively tight track and it was a zoo!! Tons of fun bu passing was a bit tricky.