Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Mini-ZRacer.com > Site Feedback

View Poll Results: How do you feel the new-shop has passed or failed?
Passed - It was what I was expecting 0 0%
Passed - It is atleast a little new, so I like it 6 23.08%
Failed - It is new but something just isn't right 13 50.00%
Failed - This is a joke right? We waiting how long for better service? 8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005.11.09, 03:46 PM   #46
machine
learning the hard way

Quote:
my feeling is every item for sale needs a picture.
I'm in total agreement on this. I've pushed the opening date of my shop due to lack of pictures.

Ok I do realize that it may be a one man show, and I do know how hard and how much time is needed for this part of Ecommerce so i'm not blow smoke just to exhale.

Cudos for what is done already, but IMHO I would like to have seen a shop that is more complete launched rather than what went up. Or at least open one shop at a time to get the ball rolling.

As far as contact information goes, email is fine so long as you reply asap, say within 12 hours. I leave my number off the website as well, can you imagine all the questions you'd get if you posted your number online? You'd be on the phone forever! My buisness cards don't even have a number on them, which is stapled to all my invoice/receipts. I do instruct my customers to email thier contact number so if a phone call is warranted I'll call them back on my long distance dollar not the customers.
Old 2005.11.09, 07:57 PM   #47
what_apex?

"what_apex?, where in WA are you?"

Lynnwood (north of Seattle). You?

Last edited by what_apex?; 2005.11.09 at 08:00 PM.
what_apex? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 08:30 PM   #48
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_apex?
"what_apex?, where in WA are you?"

Lynnwood (north of Seattle). You?
Walla Walla...Eastern part of the State.

I'm heading up the the mini z race this weekend in Vancouver.

Do you guys do any events over on the West side?

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 08:35 PM   #49
what_apex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
Walla Walla...Eastern part of the State.

I'm heading up the the mini z race this weekend in Vancouver.

Do you guys do any events over on the West side?

A few years ago there were several tracks around my hometown, but most have fizzled and some shops are now out of business entirely. Too bad! So I basically have a bunch of money wrapped up in shelf queens right now. What's up with the race in Vancouver? A big Mini-Z event?
what_apex? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 08:51 PM   #50
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by what_apex?
A few years ago there were several tracks around my hometown, but most have fizzled and some shops are now out of business entirely. Too bad! So I basically have a bunch of money wrapped up in shelf queens right now. What's up with the race in Vancouver? A big Mini-Z event?
Here's the link to the Vancouver race

My wife is Canadian and her sister lives in Vancouver, so we go up there a lot to visit- may as well plan it around a mini Z race IMO!!

My Gallery
Old 2006.01.08, 10:45 AM   #51
Dog boy Dave

I am a newbie in the Mini Z scene. I have no axe to grind. I love the forums and have learned a lot from visiting here. I recently purchased a RCP track and was able to purchase it through this shop store. The service with the order was acceptable and I got it quick. But I put the order of for a full week because the forum store said the Mini 96 wasnt in stock. A forum post asking when it would be was never answered. I finally figure it out and ended up placing my order for a Mini L anyway. I have several cars and hope to purchase several more. I will try to give my business to this shop because I appreciate the forum and would like to support it. But I shouldnt have to "try". Truth is, I have a hard time finding items on the site and will likely purchase from somewhere else unless its something easy to find. Thats what I had to do for the Ma10 and about a hundred dollars worth of suspension mods ordered so far.
For my money, which is what we are really talking about here, the atomicmods web site is the best I have ever seen. Problem is they specialize in the Xmod and they dont have a lot of stuff for the mini Z. But their web site might be a source of inspiration if someone wanted to do it right.
A bunch of us here in Tallahassee have just gotten into the hobby. We are all constantly amazed at the lack of support. The local hobby shops has Kyosho but no Mini z. Everyone who sees our cars go goo goo. They want one, but the truth is they cant get one without a lot of hassle. Hense the Radio Shack thing. It doesnt compete but at least you can get one. Makes one kinda wonder if there isnt an opertunity somewhere for someone. Maybe even here.
Dog boy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 10:53 AM   #52
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks for the feedback
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 11:43 AM   #53
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog boy Dave
Everyone who sees our cars go goo goo. They want one, but the truth is they cant get one without a lot of hassle.
This has been my experience as well...

My Gallery
Old 2006.01.08, 05:26 PM   #54
Ronin
The Damaged One

why don't we try to set up a forum-user parts post.

make a specific set up mandatory for the pictures, I'm sure size won't matter, arch2b and stuff can do resizing, if not make that a guideline.

Like this:
Background - White
Item - In package

and have some possible pictures of it out of the package, and anything interesting written about it.

One way to maybe get us to do this is offer us a few cents credit or something, for sending you a picture, plus description, and maybe even review!

I have not bought from here yet, but plan to get a track. I would be more than happy to send in some pictures from it, I don't even care about the money thing. Have an email address for us to send the pictures to, and our descriptions, and I'm sure many of us would help.

Heck, if I new more about HTML and such, I'd put in a good bit of time to help you guys out! I love this place. Always will, and I'd be happy to help get more customers to buy from you, and KEEP THIS PLACE ALIVE!!

P.S. - Sorry about the Novel I wrote.

Oh, and I'm sure some of you have reached down to pick up a dime or a quarter off the ground, maybe even a penny, what's any different about this, maybe you'll make a few cents by taking some pictures, and sending them in. Maybe then they'll get back to your emails.
Old 2006.01.08, 05:48 PM   #55
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
we already have the gift certificate for hte best parts review submitted each month. the images are a nit more involved or is should say the process is. i'm sure you have noticed but it's getting much better on that regard.

i personally want to thank those that have complained/offered suggestions. good or bad, feedback is always welcome.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 12:21 PM   #56
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

In response to Ronin and all other about helping. There is at least a little bit that the members can do.

As Arch mentioned, there is a section to review each of the parts. If there is something that you have (or information that you found) it can be posted in the review section. For example, if you know exactly which parts are contained in the Overland motorcase kit, you could take a picture, upload it to your gallery, post the info in the review, and post a link to the image.

If people want to help I think there's an option for all of us to improve the shop. If people think that MZR is a business and don't want to contribute for free, that's fine too.

I think this site is awesome because of all of the people that contribute. If you have some pics and a little bit of time, browse the shop for something that you own and post a review. It can be as simple as a decription of what's in the package and a link to a picture. If it's good enough you might win a GC.

Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote