Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 2008.09.22, 01:15 PM   #1
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Knight Rider discusion: New versus Old

Hello there Knight Rider fan's! This week is the debut for the new 2008 Knight Rider tv show on NBC Wenseday. I've already got my Tivo set for the season.
From the advertisements, it look's way to animated, to fake. What do you all think of it? What do you think of good ol' KITT being a Mustange?
I prefer the 80's tv shows. While it is still "fake" stuff, it's real cars, real stunts, and very little computer generated junk. Knight Rider, Airwolf, A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard, all real people, real car's, real stunts.
What's going on with all this computer crap? Sure it looks cool on the screen, but I think it takes away from the show.
I enjoy watching the original Knight Rider on DVD and Sluth. In my opinion, nothing beats the original, especially when the new version is all digitized and animated.

The same can be said for Speed Racer. Sure, the original Speed Racer was an animated cartoon, but it was a cartoon. I just recently saw the movie on payperview and I thought it sucked. Good story line and all, but way to much animation, way too fake, way more cartoony than the actual CARTOON! Enough of Speed Racer,

What do you all think of the new Knight Rider? Will you watch it, or ignore it?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.22, 01:36 PM   #2
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
New Knight Rider reminds me too much of Viper... and I did not really like that show...
Old 2008.09.22, 02:54 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Viper was dumb. Unrealistic changing car. Original Knight Rider did have alot of fake stuff, but it was still more realistic and "plausable" than the new junk. In fact, we are approaching the erra of remote "robotic" cars. Ever seen Discoveries series Robot Cars? A race where cars are driven purely on robotics? Not even remote controlled?
Also, doesn't BMW and/or Lexus have a car that automatically parellel parks for yea?
As for a car that morphs. Well, the closest thing I've seen is a concept car on a show called NewWorld or something like that. The car has an interesting skin that can reshape itselfe according to the users needs. The headlights are completly invisible till needed. The skin is a very tough, very flexible "cloth" like material that has ribs underneath. I think it's these rib's that change the cars shape. Pretty cool stuff.

As an 80's Knight Rider fan, I'll give the new show a chance. If it doesn't impress me, I won't continue watching it. It'll probably be limited like Viper, and Street Hawlk were. Another Knight Rider show that sucked was Team Knight Rider. I thought that was dumb.

Sorry guy's, you just can't beat the original.
Old 2008.09.24, 12:13 AM   #4
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Didn't Team Knight Rider also have Fords? Thats for all the posts on other forums I read on "Kitt should be a Pontiac Trans Am".

Viper was nothing more than an hour long Chrysler ad, and a rip on Speed Racer. Most notably the flying gadget thing that pops out. It did have a few concepts. The skin armor for one, isn't that idea used for the new Knight Rider? It is like a nanoskin or something?

Classic shows have set a high benchmark.

Dukes, the last season used alot of fake stuff. Like mockups bouncing off the top of trucks. The fourth season of Knight Rider was when we seen SPM and all the other gimics come into play. Viper did push them into doing those gimics.
Old 2008.09.24, 11:27 AM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Only thing I did NOT like about the fourth season Knight Rider was the Super Persuit Mode, cool as it maybe, but highly unrealistic. KITT was already notably super fast, they didn't need to make him balistic.

The skin your talking about on KITT was his molecular bonded shell. Almost made you think it was carbon-fiber but I dont' think carbon-fiber is that strong. It does have it's weaknessess.

I think my favorite villan of all time was KITT's evil prototype KARR. I like to beleive Star Trek TNG copied that idea for DATA as DATA had an eveil twin prototype LOR. Same theory, LOR's emotions/cirtuits were turned/twisted.

Anyway, I'll be looking for Knight Rider 2008 tonight and give you my thoughts after the show!
Old 2008.09.24, 05:17 PM   #6
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Knight Rider tonight gentlemen! Get your Tivo's ready! Seven o'clock NBC!
Old 2008.09.24, 09:12 PM   #7
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Well.........I...........um, I think it was overall pretty cool! I thought that the overal concept behind the new KITT was cool, he was awesome in basic car form. Thought that the transformation deal was stupid. How in the hell can a Mustang or any car for that matter transform into a truck with raised suspension and bigger wheels? Totally unrealistic.
I did like the computers though. The touch screens with moving images via fingers from one location to the other was cool. Thought the view screen on KITT's front windshield was cool, but wouldn't that be awefully desctracting?
I also thought KITT's voice was pretty dull and boring. I thought I read some where that it's actual Val Kilmer. Sounded like him.
The chicks in their were hot, the actor who played Michale was okay, not great I thought. The new Knight Industries labratory was cool but over the top from the original. The original Knight Industries was basically one guy where this new one seemed like an entire industry.
Did anybody catch that blue convertible sports car that KITT was chasing? What the hell was that? Pretty awesome!
Anyway, not a bad remake. I think it would've been better without the transforming part though and they could've given KITT more personality. Did anybody else watch it? What did you all think?

Last edited by marc; 2008.09.24 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2008.09.25, 02:02 AM   #8
frido

Send a message via AIM to frido
The blue car he was chasing was a Spyker C8 Spyder SWB, made by a company in the Netherlands.... you can see the logo on the side in one of the shots.

Bye, Frido.
Overland
frido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.25, 10:25 AM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thank's frido, now THAT would be a KILLER AutoScale!
Old 2008.09.26, 12:46 PM   #10
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Anybody have any other thoughts on the new Knight Rider show?
Old 2008.09.26, 01:22 PM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Anybody have any other thoughts on the new Knight Rider show?
I was watching it, but I didn't get to finish. I set the tivo, but everything got bumped because of the presidential speech.

I'm downloading in and will be watching it. from what I saw I think it's cool, I like that fact that Kitt is a Mustang, as I'm a big mustang fan. I'd love to have the Shelby GT500KR.

Fast Cars, Hot Women! sounds like a good show to me !!
Old 2008.09.26, 01:55 PM   #12
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Same here. Had the Tivo all set and then Bush interupted. I was afraid I'd miss the first 15 minutes of the show but it looked like they started the show right afterwards instead of letting it continue behind the scenes as they usually do. You know the announcement they always make, "We'll now continue with the program already in progress." I had it Tivo'd the following show so I wouldn't miss anything.
I kind of liked it, and I'll probably watch the upcoming episodes to see how it progressess. One thing that really bothed me was KITT's voice, as said, dull and boring. No where near had the personality of William Daniels.
Old 2008.09.27, 12:36 PM   #13
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Another thing I'd like to comment on the show, is that their choice of soundtrack SUCKED! At least with the original 80's Knight Rider they used classic rock'n'roll music.
But this new stuff, drove me nut's! What do you call that noise? Heavy metal or something? Sorry, not my style and I didn't think it matched the show at all. Sure they were trying to give it more beat, but they could've used techno or something easier to listen to.
Old 2008.09.27, 12:40 PM   #14
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Whole thing was retarded...
Old 2008.09.27, 12:51 PM   #15
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

LOL! Basically yea. Like I said, can't beat the original.