Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.10.25, 09:32 PM   #1
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
when are we going to see the mini-tile to 50cm tile conversion??
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.25, 10:58 PM   #2
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
A long time ago I gave RCP a 2D drawing of a working Transition concept... here is the latest in 3D it actualy matches up pretty damn good... lots of possibilities with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans1.jpg (30.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans2.JPG (65.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans3.JPG (34.7 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Draconious; 2004.10.26 at 06:32 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.25, 11:19 PM   #3
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

when I visualized it in my head I saw the 50cm narrowing to the mini-tile width ... like what you did there as well though
Old 2004.10.26, 12:18 AM   #4
Draconious

The original plan was for a 50cm to narrow down... drew those first... but the possibilities where VERY LIMITED... this is exactly 1/5th of the 50cm tiles and exactly 1/3rd of the 30cm tiles... wich makes it blend well ... the 10cm works every other tile it will mesh perfectly back to the other size... and if it dont you can swap the transition tiles.. and it will move 10mm in the other direction... perfection
Old 2004.10.26, 07:47 AM   #5
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

sounds much nicer
You don't happen to know what RCP is planning do you?
Old 2004.10.26, 05:16 PM   #6
Maxfield

Very elegant work Draconius. I'll be experimenting with some of the blanks and rail sections to do a homemade transition while we're all waiting for a precut transition pack. I'll post some pics if it works out.

Anyway you can show some close ups of that last transition idea of yours. (I have your other three designs saved also, hehe.)

Thanks again.
Maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.26, 09:44 PM   #7
rlc77
Hippygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty-Se7en
when are we going to see the mini-tile to 50cm tile conversion??
Refer to this thread for your answer.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14670

RCP says they will not develop the conversion because this solution seems to work.

I am waiting for my hole plugs to show up to try it.

Last edited by rlc77; 2004.10.26 at 09:47 PM.
rlc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.26, 10:03 PM   #8
TNB
Pet Human

I made plugs from the scrap pieces of tile I used to fit on the bridge. I simply traced around the inside of one of the holes in the tiles pieces with an x-acto knife. I then dremeled one of the plastic fasteners to a finer edge and imprinted a better circle on the tile, then cut out the circle which also made a plug. After that I duct taped the plug to the tile holes I wanted to plug up--most of which were used on the bridge anyway.
Old 2004.10.26, 11:18 PM   #9
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc77
Refer to this thread for your answer.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14670

RCP says they will not develop the conversion because this solution seems to work.

I am waiting for my hole plugs to show up to try it.
Did RCP really pull the plug no releasing these??

I thought that they were going to do it?
Old 2004.10.29, 12:11 AM   #10
Maxfield

Hey Drac -

From a construction standpoint, it would seem that the gently narrowing tiles would be the easiest to make. (I was thinking of cutting a a couple of 50cm straights in half and narrowing it and making a new 30cm key on the flat "cut" side.) Why do think this would be VERY LIMITED as you put it above. I, obviously, don't want to start slicing up foam if I'm missing something here.

Thanks.
Maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.29, 01:39 AM   #11
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfield
...making a new 30cm key on the flat "cut" side...
How would you cut that 30cm link pattern? It's a huge task to cut them accurately by hand. You might be better off to cut 50cm and 30cm tiles and glue them together. You would only need 2 straight 50cm tiles, 2 straight 30cm tiles and 1 blank 30cm.
Old 2004.10.29, 04:44 AM   #12
Draconious

There is about say, maybe 10 times more layout possibilities witht he 10cm sizes... the problem is when it meets back to the other section ... with the 10cm there is only a small amount of miss match points, were u have to reconfigure to get it to reattach, with a full tile there are more... realy only matters with complicated setups... and using 10mm allows you to use less space with theadapter... less material etc... you would only need 2 50cm tiles to make them, and still have left over... with a 50cm that tapers your gona wind up using more than just the 2 tiles...

many other possibilities... thats just the one I liked.
Old 2004.10.29, 12:10 PM   #13
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Mifune
How would you cut that 30cm link pattern? It's a huge task to cut them accurately by hand. You might be better off to cut 50cm and 30cm tiles and glue them together. You would only need 2 straight 50cm tiles, 2 straight 30cm tiles and 1 blank 30cm.
I agree 100%... cutting the key pattern by hand would be insanely hard... I cant imagine it fitting well ... so gluing one of each together would be perfect.