Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.09.24, 08:29 AM   #31
onrailz

Ok guys,
How bout we kick this thing off Saturday Oct 3rd @ HIGH NOON-6pm?

How many people will that work for?
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.24, 09:08 AM   #32
mini-z
Administrator

Exclamation

Excited to get things rolling, but Saturday during the day w/b difficult for me due to family schedule; noon for example is dead in the middle of S' dance classes; is Sunday workable for people? That would be way easier for me...pref. on non-F1 weekends...!

Another thing to consider: getting the track etc. over to AM... Anyone got anything larger than onrailz' and my two-seaters that can help transport?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.24, 10:11 AM   #33
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
Sundays work for me as long as we don't go terribly late... But it sounds like we're aiming for an afternoon thing anyway so that should work out well.

~My Cars~

RWD:
MR-015 iSeries (AM, present to girlfriend - fun)
MR-015 (AM, no pics, loaner to friends - fun)
MR-02 (AM, no pics, driven by girlfriend - racing)
MR-02 (ASF, pics of old body - racing)
MR-03VE PRO (LM mount - fast racing)
Formula 1 (ASF converted - racing)

AWD:
MA-010 (ASF conversion in progress, no pics - racing)
MA-010 (AM, on conversion list, no pics - drift/fun)

FWD:
MA-03F (An experiment...)
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.24, 11:17 AM   #34
YoYo-Pete
Wait! My pants are wrong!

Yo...

Deca and I are doing 1/10 scale drifting on Sundays.... And if we both agree that if we have to pick one, then 1/10 scale will probably win.

But that being said am real hype to race and already pulled my gear out and am going to refresh my batteries.

Not sure if I'm free on Saturday Oct 3rd yet...
Old 2015.09.24, 11:28 AM   #35
Endo

Saturday works. Sunday the 4th is already booked with other obligations. It normally would be ok.
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.24, 06:35 PM   #36
mini-z
Administrator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Excited to get things rolling, but Saturday during the day w/b difficult for me due to family schedule; noon for example is dead in the middle of S' dance classes; is Sunday workable for people? That would be way easier for me...pref. on non-F1 weekends...!

Another thing to consider: getting the track etc. over to AM... Anyone got anything larger than onrailz' and my two-seaters that can help transport?
I'm not sure if we're discussing regular/ongoing schedules or a one-off, but I could probably make 10/3 work, though in general, Saturdays are problematic during the day. Not sure if we're all getting old and can't handle the typical later time slots, or ?
Old 2015.09.24, 07:06 PM   #37
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Quote:
I'm not sure if we're discussing regular/ongoing schedules or a one-off, but I could probably make 10/3 work, though in general, Saturdays are problematic during the day. Not sure if we're all getting old and can't handle the typical later time slots, or ?
The later time slots still work for me... I could probably swing them on Friday nights too as long as not arriving until about 9 isn't a problem.

Additionally, Saturday during the daytime during home games = a bloody mess traffic wise for those of us coming from the highways. Coming in for a noon race on Saturday October 3 would be fine since it's an away game, but for future date planning hopefully we can take football season into consideration

~My Cars~

RWD:

AWD:

FWD:

Last edited by rensuchan; 2015.09.24 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Date derp.
Old 2015.09.24, 07:16 PM   #38
onrailz

Well, I think this is why we always ended up racing on Friday nights. It was good cuz it's the start of the weekend and also good that it leaves the main weekend days open for anything else! I know the biggest problem was that we tended to hang out pretty late but as long as the immediate focus of the evening is HFAY racing then the people who don't care to stay late, won't have to.

I propose we do Fri Oct 2nd. We may be able to hash out other GTG plans when we're all together

Who's in?
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.24, 07:36 PM   #39
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rensuchan View Post
The later time slots still work for me... I could probably swing them on Friday nights too as long as not arriving until about 9 isn't a problem.

Additionally, Saturday during the daytime during home games = a bloody mess traffic wise for those of us coming from the highways. Coming in for a noon race on Saturday October 3 would be fine since it's an away game, but for future date planning hopefully we can take football season into consideration
Wow, that is a HUGE point, thanks for mentioning, L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onrailz View Post
Well, I think this is why we always ended up racing on Friday nights. It was good cuz it's the start of the weekend and also good that it leaves the main weekend days open for anything else! I know the biggest problem was that we tended to hang out pretty late but as long as the immediate focus of the evening is HFAY racing then the people who don't care to stay late, won't have to.

I propose we do Fri Oct 2nd. We may be able to hash out other GTG plans when we're all together

Who's in?
True, true...! In for Friday 10/2 - although we also need to get the track etc. there by then - what kind of start time were we thinking - IIRC 6pm w/b the earliest, right? I can either come straight from downtown and...well, probably be there early, or if we're thinking later, I'd have time to stop home etc. - either of which is totally fine with me!
Old 2015.09.25, 01:47 AM   #40
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Quote:
Wow, that is a HUGE point, thanks for mentioning, L!

True, true...! In for Friday 10/2 - although we also need to get the track etc. there by then - what kind of start time were we thinking - IIRC 6pm w/b the earliest, right? I can either come straight from downtown and...well, probably be there early, or if we're thinking later, I'd have time to stop home etc. - either of which is totally fine with me!
I can make it, wouldn't arrive until about 9 ish though leaving straight from work. How late do you think it'll go? Don't want to get there and have no time to set up / practice.

~My Cars~

RWD:

AWD:

FWD:
Old 2015.09.25, 12:10 PM   #41
Jerrymor
cheetos

I am out of town for that weekend.
Jerrymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.25, 06:59 PM   #42
Hippo
Cars...Like with wheels?

I was just talking to Carlos in the driveway, and he hadn't heard about it yet! Hopefully he'll be in.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.26, 02:35 PM   #43
Endo

Has anyone told Swider? I don't have his number or email.
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.26, 09:31 PM   #44
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Looks like I'm going to be fairly battery screwed... they aren't responding well at all to being shelved for nearly 4 years... lol.

~My Cars~

RWD:

AWD:

FWD:
Old 2015.09.30, 08:12 AM   #45
mini-z
Administrator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
I was just talking to Carlos in the driveway, and he hadn't heard about it yet! Hopefully he'll be in.
Awesome! onrailz mentioned he was back, and I did txt him at the number I had from before he left, but maybe that's not the right number anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endo View Post
Has anyone told Swider? I don't have his number or email.
I found a number for him and txted him, not sure if it's accurate, as I didn't hear back; I've found an email address for him and will try that now too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrymor View Post
I am out of town for that weekend.
Boooo! I'm not sure how much you'll be missing with this first session though - I'm anticipating it w/b mostly just dusting off our cars and skills, working on setups, etc. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rensuchan View Post
Looks like I'm going to be fairly battery screwed... they aren't responding well at all to being shelved for nearly 4 years... lol.
Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to find a lot of dead batteries, hard tires, etc. in our pit boxes - will be a formative experience for sure and maybe we'll have to make a quick run to TRC HQ to get everyone sorted...