Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.08, 11:20 PM   #31
yamar6

that sounds all good.a mini z is about 130.00 for a 02 don't even want to get in the price of a 2.4.but if firelap should go the fm route and charge 10.00 or 15.00 more dollars and the car runs perfect out of box like kyosho i would spend 75.00 cause the radio alone is worth it.so what im saying is a few more dollars for a great racer that will take mr02 parts i think you will sell more.iwaver is trying to come to there own but are they going to have parts out there like kyosho.all im saying is better electronics and they will buy.with xmod evo not the first junk they made.if carson comes out with a true AM or FM with the same chassis a little better plastic i think it could out handle the kyosho AWD.carson already came out with a truck that is a true AM and it has the evo chassis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangel View Post
Hand soldering is very cheap and very common in China and other developing countries.
The problem is not the labour but it is the price of the machine. In a small to medium size factory, it is very easy to setup 10-20 people with a hand solder to do production soldering, while buying and supporting a soldering machine will cost much more. I know it sounds strange, but the thing is the investment amount.

hrdrvr,
I would agree with you, price and performance ratio is fairly high for Firelap. I know there are still some QC problem, and some of the parts are not up to par. But if you compare it with the closes competitor (Xmods) then it is a big different in terms of spec and performance. Xmods is leaning toward a "open and play" toys, while Firelap is an introductory hobby goods.
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.09, 09:51 PM   #32
fangel

If you don't already know we sell kyosho in our store as well.
Here is a food for though, you could buy a Firelap 2.0 for the chassis and the plastic, then upgrade to a 2.4G electronics so you could switch out the weakest link. (servo and electronics), I know this is not the cheapest option for a MR-02 chassis, but it is the cheapest 2.4G combo for MR-02 chassis.

As for upgrading the Firelap for FM, since our TX is actually power by Inopo AFM2, you could buy the FM module box from us and be able to control in FM. as for the receiver we do have it in FM, but it is not in the form of ESC that you find in iwaver 02M.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.08, 10:43 PM   #33
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Hi there fangel, is Iwaver going to venture in the 2.4 field?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.08, 10:54 PM   #34
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

So it's X-Mods= toy's, Firelap= introductory to the hobby, Kyosho Mini-Z= hobby. Right? I think the newest 02M chassis from Iwaver has potential, I like it's design despite the stiff rear, and I liked the idea of being able to use an aftermarket servo for the steering with that 3-pin connector. But the electronics is the biggest issue. I wonder what aftermarket 2.4 electronic system would work for it?
Old 2008.07.09, 10:20 PM   #35
fangel

I have heard from other member that you could use off the shelf micro speed controller and receiver for this.
Old 2008.07.11, 01:57 PM   #36
fozhunter239

is the 02m iwaver better in quality than the earlier iwaver and firelap car? also watz thee difference between firlap and iwaver? i'm looking to invest in higher quality micro than my xmod. plz donttell me get a mini-z if i wanted something that highpriced i would get atomic built xmod i dont like kyosho as since i'm more in to the biger scale of rc cars and thier not the best for bigger sacle. plus it seems that everyone has a mini-z and i dont want the same as anyone esle
fozhunter239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.12, 09:28 AM   #37
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

In that case, I'd get the 02M, it is better than the earlier Iwaver's and Firelap's which are basically clones of Kyosho's MR02. So, if you want to be different than other people, why get a cheap clone of what their racing? Just get the 02M and the upgrades for it. I've got one of the Mini Cooper's and all the hop-up's for it I can sell you at a reasonable price. Don't know if it still work's though.
Old 2008.07.12, 08:43 PM   #38
fozhunter239

sry but no thanx i can get a brand new 02m for sixty or so dollars. so the 02m isnt a clone? but i like the design and the carbon parts you can get for it. have you had problems with it. and watz the difference between a firelap and an iwaver 01?
Old 2008.07.13, 09:17 PM   #39
yamar6

i have a brand new hooked up firlap car only F/S.evrything is changed im selling it for 95.00 shipped.it has over 100.00 dolars worth of hop ups.and it's all new
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozhunter239 View Post
sry but no thanx i can get a brand new 02m for sixty or so dollars. so the 02m isnt a clone? but i like the design and the carbon parts you can get for it. have you had problems with it. and watz the difference between a firelap and an iwaver 01?
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.13, 09:50 PM   #40
fangel

As far as I know, there is current no clone of iwaver 02M yet. The overall chassis design for iwaver 02M has been innovative. We are the first to incoperate a standard 3pin servo into the 1/28th scale chassis. The upgrades parts will provide many fine tune and performance upgrades for serious racer.

The overall quaility is very good, we had not been suffering from what is previously associated with Firelap.

Firelap NanoRacer 2 is a clone copy of MR-02, however it provide a better Transmitter power by Inopo AFM2. Iwaver 01 is an downgrade version of 02M. iwaver 02M is FM and iwaver 01 is AM.
Old 2008.07.16, 08:52 PM   #41
fozhunter239

so the 02m is the way to go? i really like it! has anyone raced one against a mini-z (both stock)? i'll check in the actual iwaver fourn also.
Old 2008.07.17, 09:19 PM   #42
fangel

I have replied to this post in the iwaver main forum. Please view the post from there.
Old 2013.01.13, 01:49 AM   #43
Customizer

Send a message via AIM to Customizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post

All the soldering helped a lot. It is a lot less glitchy now. Also Ive owned 2 Iwaivers and now 2 Firelaps, and all of them have had power problems (car shutting down on small impacts) or the steering will just go out. This new FireLap that is totally reslodered doesnt seem to have those problems right now. As I track test it more, Ill know if it can hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
After I re soldered all of mine the powering off problem went away. On my my older FireLap it went away for a while, but came back after a few months of racing. I have recently discovered the problem and think I have it fixed again. On the older one, it was a loose battery wire connection. On the new one, all of the soldered connections were loose, so I cant say for sure which was causeing the problem.

The newer chassis plastic is allright, but I would get a Z if you can afford it. This is a good project car for me, and I like piddling, but when I get a chance to do some racing, it stays in the pit box. Im hoping I can get it together to race with Zs, but having an Iwaiver/FireLap compete consistantly has been a desire of mine for quite some time :lol:

I 2nd this. I went through the same thing recently and after replacing the power and GND wires leading from the battery contacts to the IW01 board the problems went away. It's quite fun to drive now actually.
Customizer is offline   Reply With Quote