Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.02.06, 08:09 AM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
mike (tom thumb)- can you give us some pre race registration numbers, like how many for each class?

i think i read deadline for registration is this weekend? is this true? if so, why? stampy's was taking registrations up to about an hour before the races were scheduled to begin

also, can you post track pictures as soon as it's up?

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.02.06 at 08:12 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.06, 09:03 AM   #17
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
Quote:
Originally posted by arch2b
mike (tom thumb)- can you give us some pre race registration numbers, like how many for each class?

i think i read deadline for registration is this weekend? is this true? if so, why? stampy's was taking registrations up to about an hour before the races were scheduled to begin

also, can you post track pictures as soon as it's up?
Hey arch,

Obviously I am not Mike, but I may be able to help with some of your questions.

In talking with Mike the other day, I think he said if he had to ballpark it, he was around 50 registation sheets. Now, some of those registrations, are like mine, where I registered for 3 classes. Weds he had 11 registrations alone. I am not sure on each class...

Not sure on the deadline, I was just looking at the Kyosho site, and they request they are in 2 weeks in advance for the tshirts, but do not list a hard deadline.

For the track, I am going to the shop tonight to lay it out. I will have pics of it tomorrow and then I will be able to post them for you. I forgot my camera today, and will be leaving straight from here to go build it. I know Mike got the track on Weds, and got a TON of boxes for it...so, we should have a good layout.

You need to come out for this event Arch...
BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.06, 10:04 AM   #18
arch2b

i'm seriously considering it as the wife gave the ok, it's just a LONG car ride... which also would require an overnight stay as there is no way to make it a day trip.

i'm even contemplating entering the overland race but my lack of skills are a serious deterent. either way i'd most enjoy meeting more of the mzr gang and watch some more racing
Old 2004.02.06, 11:29 AM   #19
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
Talking Cool!

I took Friday as a vacation day that weekend so that way I can help Mike finalize his setup for Saturday.

He will have the track up on Friday, so if you come up, come early and get the practice time!

I know you have an RCP track at home as well, so practice up on that. None of us have driven the RCP yet, so you have the leg up there.
BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.06, 11:53 AM   #20
arch2b

while i have a large rcp track, it's located at my parents which is 60 miles away as they have the only space large enough for it. so i get to visit it about twice a month. so far i think i have about 10-15 hours of track time on it which is much less than i'd like but i can't drag the family up there every weekend my little brother and cousin on the other hand have all the time he wants with the track.

i can tell you now, those that think they can ride the rails and still keep up are in for a surprise. it will do alot in seperating the chaff from the wheat so to speak. i think the skilled drivers will have to worry more about traffic than the rails.

overall, the more you run on an rcp track the better skills you will develope or they have to develope if you want to improve your times/laps. i can think of nothing else that forces better driving or the attempt at better drivng than the rcp track. not to metnion you won't have the chipped/scrapped/filed down body corners as happens with wood rails. i think once you get to run a few laps (hit a few corners), you'll love it.
Old 2004.02.06, 09:06 PM   #21
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

Arch2b,
So far we have 39 entries with around 15 more commited but not registered. Unfortunately the confusion over batteries has caused a few to tell me they are considering withdrawing. The "spec" battery was a good idea, in my opinion, but since Kyosho could not supply batteries I felt it was unfair to enforce the rule. I appologize to those who feel cheated because they already bought Kyosho batteries so they could enter this race. The supply problem was not in my control and only came to my attention about 2 weeks ago.

We listed the deadline as 2 weeks before race day because that is what Kyosho printed on the entry forms. I think they wanted the 14 days to prepare prizes and t-shirts to match the number of entries. If you missed the deadline...don't worry....we will take entries up until the green flag drops (well, almost )

Several weeks ago I posted a list of hotels here:
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...threadid=11711

The hotel on Wilson Rd is about 2 minutes away. The others are all in a cluster about 5 minutes away and are all fairly new.

Glad to here you might be coming. We are going to have a GREAT time.
Tom Thumb Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.06, 10:45 PM   #22
arch2b

mike- do you have a preliminary breakdown on enries per class?
Old 2004.02.06, 10:54 PM   #23
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

MR-01 Stock - 11
MR-01 Open - 11
MR-02 Open - 8
F1 Open - 6
Overland - 3

Several local racers have not yet entered. More Overlands are expected.
Old 2004.02.06, 10:57 PM   #24
arch2b

i will probably register for the overland open.... i don't know if i want to race or spectate though

stampy's had 24+/- mr-01 stock entries
Old 2004.02.07, 10:01 PM   #25
wcrotty

Send a message via AIM to wcrotty
Tom Thumb hobbys,

What are the rules going to be for batteries at your race?

thanks

Bill

2008 PN World Champion
2008 PN Canadian Champion
2006 PN World Champion
2004 Kyosho Cup National Champion
2003 Kyosho Cup National Champion
wcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.07, 10:29 PM   #26
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

When we were told that Kyosho could not supply their batteries (less than 2 weeks ago) we were asked to buy "regular GP 800s" (the same as the Kyosho marked batteries) and put our name on them. These would then become the only other battery legal for our race other than the few Kyosho batteries that were sold. This was not a workable solution for us because there would be no time for the racers, especially those coming from out of state, to cycle the batteries and make them "raceable' (is that a word? )

Even though I STRONGLY support the spec battery idea because it goes along way towards leveling the playing field in Mini-Z, or any other electric R/C racing, it will only work if the designated battery is widely available.

So, for our Cup event we have decided that any 1.2 volt rechargeable NiMH AAA battery will be legal. Hopefully no one will show up with any "Thermo-Nuc Unobtanium" AAA's and violate the very spirit of the event....that if you win it's because of skill and not a bigger wallet.
Old 2004.02.08, 09:13 AM   #27
arch2b

did you guys have fun setting up the track? once you get the side rails attached wth the pins, it moves alot faster. i must have spent an hour just putting all the pins in on my track
Old 2004.02.08, 10:29 AM   #28
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

Those pins can be a real pain in the %^$%. BUT, I think you will agree that the effort is definetly worth it. RCP is a great track.

BTW. I think they are working on a new, easier to install pin to mount the side rails.
Old 2004.02.08, 10:44 AM   #29
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

For those who wish to take the rails off during storage, this is the new design. It will be supplied with all the new tracks currently coming from our factory. If people want to replace their current PINS with the new design, we will have them available. There will not be a charge for those that would like to replace their current set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new pin.jpg (334.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.08 at 11:00 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.08, 11:31 AM   #30
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

OK. It is already the BEST MINI-Z TRACK there is. Now, with customer support like this, what are you waiting for? Get a RCP track for your racing.