Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.09.16, 11:56 AM   #1
echoshill

TOM THUMB - Fall Season

Thought I would start a new Thumb Thread since we ran out of room on the last.

Nothing to add at this time.
echoshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.16, 12:15 PM   #2
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoshill
Thought I would start a new Thumb Thread since we ran out of room on the last.

Nothing to add at this time.
ran out of room?? That can happen? I've seen 1000+ posts, were there that many?
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.16, 12:17 PM   #3
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Oops, couldn't edit. I meant to let you know, because you didn't post there... that in the TRACKS section of the forums there is a whole section dedicated to the Tom Thumb Hobbies... this thread should probably be moved there or removed.

edit: oh yeah, now I can edit
Old 2004.09.20, 03:03 PM   #4
echoshill

No, not a thousand posts. Just felt like (6) pages was getting to be a bit much.

I started the last one to discuss F1 at the Thumb. We can move this if it is buggin people.

My bad
Old 2004.09.22, 09:53 AM   #5
mini-z
Administrator

FYI, you have your own Tom Thumb section here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.22, 01:44 PM   #6
BatesJM

still runnin on wed or did you guys finally switch to sat?
Old 2004.09.22, 11:04 PM   #7
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

Still Wednesday. We might throw in a Saturday or 2. Next Wednesday (9/29) is the trophy presentation for the Summer Series '04. There will also be a race. Time permitting we will also have some discusssion on scheduling and rules. Hope you can make it. BTW - we just received some of the McClarens. THEY ARE SWEET !!
Tom Thumb Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 05:42 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Thumb Hobby
Still Wednesday. We might throw in a Saturday or 2. Next Wednesday (9/29) is the trophy presentation for the Summer Series '04. There will also be a race. Time permitting we will also have some discusssion on scheduling and rules. Hope you can make it. BTW - we just received some of the McClarens. THEY ARE SWEET !!
i have to say it's nice to see shop owners takign advantage of the forum to reach member's. do you have any thoughts for encouraging other shops to join and use the section as well?

it would be nice i think to have a section for jsut shop owners chat especially around cup time as i'm sure there are alot of shared experiences
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 06:19 AM   #9
echoshill

Summer Results

Thumb,

Are you going to post the final results for the summer session? I am curious where I ended up.

E
Old 2004.09.23, 11:13 AM   #10
The Holy Bull

just the ready sets or did you get some bodies also. I want to switch my lambo to the mclaren.
Old 2004.09.23, 12:30 PM   #11
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

I think that the problem with promoting the forums at a shop that is personally owned is that there is no way to complete with the prices here on at the shop. Now, if you know that there are people in your area that already are online here then I can see a real advantage to drag people to your store, and I know myself that walking into a hobby store there is that real impulse to buy yourself something shiny
Old 2004.09.23, 12:33 PM   #12
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i was referring more to the use of the forums, not promoting either shop.... for instance, they could post website updates, race schedules, gallery space, etc. etc.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 12:37 PM   #13
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i was referring more to the use of the forums, not promoting either shop.... for instance, they could post website updates, race schedules, gallery space, etc. etc.
Yeah, that is a good idea.
What I don't understand is how you can run a hobby shop with races and such these days without a website. It makes things so much more difficult.
Old 2004.09.28, 07:07 AM   #14
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Quote:
Are you going to post the final results for the summer session? I am curious where I ended up
good question. It was a very close points battle between john and latency in the mr02 class. i'd like to know how that turned out.

Mike, what's the story?
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.28, 09:37 AM   #15
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by West.F1
good question. It was a very close points battle between john and latency in the mr02 class. i'd like to know how that turned out.

Mike, what's the story?
Most of the podium spots were hotly contested. There was at least one tie. My intention was to post the results last week but I was side tracked with family duties (ie my daughters Marching Band competitions). So, I have decided to let the suspence build until Weds. night For those who couldn't attend, I will email the final results after the awards presentation.
Tom Thumb Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote