Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.09, 05:44 PM   #1
Wavy

New Winter Series at Tom Thumb

Wednesday, November 15 will be the start of the new season at TT. Anyone who is interested should come out. If we can talk Mike into it, we may introduce some elevation changes and banked corners to the track - something we played around with in the off-season. The more the merrier!
Wavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 06:17 PM   #2
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
What time would you be starting at? What classes are run there?

I really doubt I would be able to make it being over a 6 hour round trip drive, but who know's, one evening I might just have the bug to take a road trip.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 08:08 PM   #3
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Tom Thumb classes, etc.....

Has to be Ed, or Dave. Anyway, Wes here.

The classes go like this;

Production - Basically box stock. Tire and wheel mods only. Kyosho Stock motors.

Stock - Ball bearings, CF flex plates, ball diffs, motor wire upgrades, tire and wheel mods. Kyosho stock motors.

Mod - Anything off the shelf. Fet until it hurts. 130 size open motor rules. No handmade parts.

All of the above classes must use 1.2 v AAA batteries. Nimh.

Prototype - Open class. The only limitation is 1/28th - 1/24th scale.

Ahh the sweet sound of electric motors straining to an early grave.

I dream of custom winds of gold 16ga wire. Lithium AA X 4. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

This is basically a theoretical class until any of us has the time, money etc...to actually build cars.

Racing starts around 6pm or so. Two heats, run in the order listed.

We have a blast racing at Macs. The fun race was a blast the elevation changes (which quickly got out of hand) were a blast. I personally busted the snot out of an MR01. But it was fun. Ed got some great pics too!

The one thing we forgot to do (having too much fun) was take some measurements. If anyone can give me some ballpark figures, I will make the risers for banks and woops. I have the technology. And the tools.

Would be sweet to have at least one elevation change race. No, Ed, not an enduro lol.
docsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 08:39 PM   #4
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

race format

Race format as follows,

Prod.
Stock
Mod

Two rounds of heats

Then one main for every heat group run. (A, B, and so on)

Ex
Heat c \
Heat b (x2)
Heat a /

Main c
Main b
Main a

Win the "C" main, bump to the "B", and so on. Which is actually pretty cool.

Everyone has a main race. Although not everyone is in the "A" main.
Old 2005.11.09, 08:46 PM   #5
herman

off topic...

anybody know abe? aka westf1 on these forums... just wondering what happened to him... pls say hi and send my regards...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.09, 10:01 PM   #6
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

No, Jim in Pittsburgh.

So no OL, F1 or MZM classes?

How much is the entry fee? Is there a discount for entering multiple classes?

Also, are IW's OK to run?

Thanks.
Old 2005.11.11, 10:48 PM   #7
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Nov 16th 2005

I dunno if the other post was a typo or what. But we start the winter series on Weds Nov. 16th.

I wavers are ok I think. Entry fee is 5$ now I believe. We use the CORE scoring system, and the cards are 9$ I think.

Not very many F1 cars to run now, with the nascar conversion and such. Bring your overland just in case, and let me know, cause we have three guys with you who have them, so we'll get an overland race together along with the regular sched.

W

Last edited by docsavage; 2005.11.11 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typos
Old 2005.11.11, 11:21 PM   #8
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsavage
I dunno if the other post was a typo or what. But we start the winter series on Weds Nov. 16th.

I wavers are ok I think. Entry fee is 5$ now I believe. We use the CORE scoring system, and the cards are 9$ I think.

Not very many F1 cars to run now, with the nascar conversion and such. Bring your overland just in case, and let me know, cause we have three guys with you who have them, so we'll get an overland race together along with the regular sched.

W
Oh cool, I've got both CP1 and CP2 cars along with all listed below in my sig. Plus a couple I have yet to add.
Old 2005.11.16, 12:47 PM   #9
Wavy

More info...

The race actually starts at 7pm, but we usually practice before. The track is set up all day. The cost is $8 for the first class and $5 each additional class. (Unless Mike has lowered it) For those who have some travel time, we'll keep you posted on "special" races that might be worth the trip, like our 2 hour endurance race. We had one in between seasons once and hope to do it again. You need a team of at least two people, one to marshall and one to drive. Also, Mike has mentioned some regional events that would coordinate with other sites throughout the nation. Check back occasionally, Mike is pretty good about posting, and I'll try to do the same.
Old 2005.11.17, 09:27 PM   #10
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Race 1, 2005 MTT Winter Series

Race One Winter Series 2005[/COLOR]

Team FART's racing was terrible, due to a busted up car but still had fun. It was still fun going really fast. Wavy had a good night, won mod, Who won the Stock Some new winners, some new cars for a few people, 02's and hybrids mainly. Cowboy Rob, and Tony have improved greatly. Rob and Tony have been playing Dr. Frankenstien, and to good effect. Nice to see Pete back as well. He's a hoot.

And a general improvement for everyone.

We chould definately pursue the elevation changes. Will see Mike tommarrow and present some crude drawings. I figure if the risers are padded with speaker carpeting, he can't say no. Also I have planned for adjustable stringers to add stability. Anybody got any ideas? I will draw up my plans in jpg format, and post them.

Doc
Old 2005.11.24, 06:32 PM   #11
theplanethobbys

Pictures of your track????

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsavage
Race One Winter Series 2005[/COLOR]

Team FART's racing was terrible, due to a busted up car but still had fun. It was still fun going really fast. Wavy had a good night, won mod, Who won the Stock Some new winners, some new cars for a few people, 02's and hybrids mainly. Cowboy Rob, and Tony have improved greatly. Rob and Tony have been playing Dr. Frankenstien, and to good effect. Nice to see Pete back as well. He's a hoot.

And a general improvement for everyone.

We chould definately pursue the elevation changes. Will see Mike tommarrow and present some crude drawings. I figure if the risers are padded with speaker carpeting, he can't say no. Also I have planned for adjustable stringers to add stability. Anybody got any ideas? I will draw up my plans in jpg format, and post them.

Doc
Do you have pics of your track? I have tried to see more information of your place, but no links or photos on your website???
todd
http://www.theplanethobbys.com
theplanethobbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.28, 12:49 PM   #12
Wavy

RCP at Tom Thumbs

Here is a pic from a couple season ago. We change the layout every time we race, so we end up racing on 8 different tracks per season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT,RCP.jpg (126.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 2005.12.31, 11:06 PM   #13
BigVxxx
Mini-Z pro

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy
The race actually starts at 7pm, but we usually practice before. The track is set up all day. The cost is $8 for the first class and $5 each additional class. (Unless Mike has lowered it) For those who have some travel time, we'll keep you posted on "special" races that might be worth the trip, like our 2 hour endurance race. We had one in between seasons once and hope to do it again. You need a team of at least two people, one to marshall and one to drive. Also, Mike has mentioned some regional events that would coordinate with other sites throughout the nation. Check back occasionally, Mike is pretty good about posting, and I'll try to do the same.

Entry fee is 6 bucks
Old 2006.01.02, 02:52 AM   #14
herman

wavy...cool pic of the track... how many rcp tracks did you use to make it? and what gearing combo do you use (pinion/spur?) thanks for any reply...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.02, 08:01 PM   #15
Wavy

Pinion Gear

We have about eight wide L's now, more than we have room for. We've been using about sixteen corners, including three of the new corners with a curved inside. I use a stock diff, so whatever that spur gear is, and I generally run an 8 tooth pinion. I think it's a good combination of speed and punch out of the corners. I think most of the guys are running either 7 or 8 tooth pinions, just based on the closeness of the racing in the stock class. In mod, I don't know what everyone's running - everybody's pretty tight-lipped!