Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.03.24, 08:12 PM   #1
Tom Thumb Hobby
Mini-Z Racer

Any Mini-Z Interest In Central Ohio

Hi. We have been away from Mini-Z racing for waaaaaay too long. We still have all the RCP track and scoring systems that we need. Now we need racers. Anybody in the area still interested in racing? We are working at catching up with what we missed in the last 4 years. Hopefully we can get some interested racers in the next few months to show up and get busy back into Mini-Z racing. Let us know if you are interested.

info@tomthumbhobbies.com
Tom Thumb Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 08:26 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
glad to see your getting back into mini-z. i haven't been out that way since the kyohso mini-z cup regional way back in 2004 i think it was.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.21, 07:02 PM   #3
wtgfdtbs
Mini-Z Racer

Mike, It has been way too long since mini z racing at Tom Thumb. I'm in with three racers.

John
wtgfdtbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.26, 08:58 PM   #4
Goosebag

I'd be in as well. Probably be able to scrounge up another racer or two as well.

Travis
Old 2011.01.15, 09:09 PM   #5
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

columbus racing

Greetings to whom I might have known from back in the day. Definately been awhile.

The urge for resuming small scale racing has definately been on my mind these days. Perhaps not at the level of years past but the inkling is there just the same.

Talks have already begun with another member so we'll see how things go.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.15, 09:30 PM   #6
Goosebag

Funny that there would be a reply on this topic tonight... we just got done running our first Mini-Z race in quite a while about 30 minutes ago. Had 7 guys in my basement running on RCP using a Core system with custom software. We live South of Columbus on the Pickaway/Hocking county line. If you get some racing started up, and would like some other guys to join in, let me know and I'm sure we could get a few guys to show up.
Old 2011.01.16, 09:50 PM   #7
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

It'd be great if we can jump start an official series in Columbus again. Only need a handful of committed racers really.

I live in Ross county so not too far off. What class of Zs were you all running? I only have an F1, a custom Z with CF chassis, and even a Micro from my prior racing days.

I've been eyeing the new Losi 1/24 scale AWD truck lately. The price is nice for whats included. Hopefully there'll be enough interest in these if racing were to resume at TTs.
Old 2011.01.16, 11:26 PM   #8
herman

hey west what's up?
it's been quite a while... what has been keeping you busy all these years?
welcome back...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.17, 10:33 PM   #9
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Greetings Herman old buddy.

In a nutshell, major home improvement projects, completing my degree, the kid's boy scouts and a lateral move at work had taken up my time and or finances after leaving the scene.

I'd like to get back into small scale rc though am cautiously optimistic with how things will eventually go around here. Time will tell though, so we'll see. In the meantime, I do get my racing kicks on XBL (F1 - 2010).

Anyway, it is good to be back. Still got the West Team shirt BTW.
Old 2011.01.18, 01:36 AM   #10
herman

hey west... that's pretty cool...
a whole lot has happened... hope the zscene picks up over there...
again welcome back...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.24, 06:18 PM   #11
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Looks like a series is slated to begin at TTs in March. I'm certain the exact date will be announced in due time. Hopefully there'll be enough interest to bring things up to speed in Columbus again.

Goosebag, if you plan on hosting another meetup before March, let me know and I'll see about joining you guys for a night. I don't live too far off from Hocking county.
Old 2011.01.26, 07:52 PM   #12
Goosebag

Looks like we will probably be racing on some Thursday and Saturday nights. Usually around 6:30 or so. Should usually have between 5 and 7 guys on a normal night. I'll shoot you a PM when everybody gets their cars and we get the next race night set up.
Old 2011.02.10, 12:39 PM   #13
bmartin1983

Talking trying

Trying to get the word out I am looking to setup a mini z and dnano track it will be in my garage for now. Waiting on my pole barn to get built. the track has a kyosho lap counter for the dnanos the mini z will need a id tag which I just ordered to see if they work will post soon if they do. I am located just north of Cincinnati around the Wilmington, oh area.

once everything is setup the track will be moved to winchester, after May where it will be open daily. and if enough people are wanting to race. I will setup a race schedule for mini and dnanos once the barn is built and setup it will have 2 tracks and a 3rd track will be setup if i can incorporate it in the area. I will try to build a website for a schedule and price. can email me at bmartin22@gmail.com
bmartin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.10, 12:43 PM   #14
bmartin1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by West.F1 View Post
It'd be great if we can jump start an official series in Columbus again. Only need a handful of committed racers really.

I live in Ross county so not too far off. What class of Zs were you all running? I only have an F1, a custom Z with CF chassis, and even a Micro from my prior racing days.

I've been eyeing the new Losi 1/24 scale AWD truck lately. The price is nice for whats included. Hopefully there'll be enough interest in these if racing were to resume at TTs.
I have a 1/24 losi rally its awesome, and the high roller micro is awesome the high roller likes to wheelie but the rally car is really fun my daughter loves playing with them.
bmartin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.17, 08:24 PM   #15
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

I wound up buying the Losi truck a few weeks back and love it. Very durable and the fun factor improves by just adding the optional LiPo battery

Spent some time at another member's house with these and had a blast.

Btw, looks like TTs is now carrying MR2 readysets again. Season opener coming soon!