Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.08.05, 09:49 PM   #31
TrigunPunisher7
I play drums...

Send a message via AIM to TrigunPunisher7
I cant belive i asked that question..... lol it must have been my first post... im workn on a bod now... but shh, its a secret....

Metallica:St. Anger...... Buy it!
TrigunPunisher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.05, 09:53 PM   #32
BigMA
FULL METAL JACKET

This stuff is great everybody keep it up Ive gotten so much info and products,. is anyone doing a car show??

Lock And Load Baby...
BigMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.10.04, 03:01 PM   #33
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Question body mounts

Hi yea'll Mini-Z'ers. I have been working on a CRX Mini-Z conversion with little success. First one I did, the front wheels rubbed on the fenders and I had to open them up more and it took away the scale look.
In working with the CRX project, I have discovered one thing, the motor mount that comes with the Mini-Power Volkswagen Beetle RSI works for the CRX perfectly! This mount kicks the rear wheels back just enough for the wheels to fit the CRX's wheel base just right! Plus, the motor mount leans the motor forward fitting the shape of the CRX's hatchback, and creates more of a front wheel drive feel to it. Although technically it's more of a mid-engine (motor) mount, it's better than the high mount, or low mount units.
Hope to be able to post a pic of my CRX project as soon as I figure out how to use this mounting system and keep the car's scaled looks. Meanwhile, the chassis has a Kyosho front stabilizer with green springs set up, silver alluminum GPM front bulkhead, silver alluminum GPM battery clips, and TopCads silver alluminum BBS style mesh wheels. It's powered by a hop-up motor from whom I don't remember, it was one my brother gave me, and for removing the motor all the time, I made a quick disconnect system to help save the wires. This allows half the wires to stay attached to the main part of the car, and the other half of the wires to stay attached to the motor. A highly recommended mod to do as we are always working with the rear motor housing for one reason or another!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.10.16, 03:40 PM   #34
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I wonder what bodies will work with a MR02 MM mount.Most of the ones I did so far was a little tight.With the MM maybe get something a little bigger to fit.
Old 2003.10.31, 08:01 PM   #35
kingcobra

AMT 85 vette...

fits w no mods whatsoever...just add your mounts...and extend chassis to full length...I have the C5R wheels on mine and they are a good bit wider than the normal wheels and they stick out the fenders slightly but I tried the normal offset wheels and they fit and do not rub at all...even at full turn either way...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vt1.jpg (89.8 KB, 769 views)
kingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.10.31, 08:01 PM   #36
kingcobra

pic 2...

pic 2...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vt2.jpg (103.3 KB, 583 views)
Old 2003.10.31, 08:02 PM   #37
kingcobra

bottom...

bottom showing mounts and chassis settings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vt3.jpg (123.8 KB, 521 views)
Old 2003.11.24, 11:43 PM   #38
KPMarshall
Mini-Z Novice

Re: Italieri Hummer

Re: "italieri humvee models fit. the front mount is difficult, and the motor pod gets in the way of the tailgate, but other than that, no custom H-plates or chopping."

I got a 1:32 Italieri Hummer model today, but it doesnt seem to fit at all. Seems far too small, I attached a crappy digital photo in case anyone is wondering. Perhaps I got the wrong model, or I am not doing something right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hummer1.jpg (104.9 KB, 581 views)
KPMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.25, 08:59 AM   #39
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
Yeah, the Hummer comment was pretty much pre-Overland. I'm assuming it's a perfect fit for the racer.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.25, 01:22 PM   #40
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I saw that about a year ago.On the MR01 as we call it now.Some of my old MR01 bodies will not fit the MR02 on account of they are way too narrow in the center.
Old 2004.03.31, 04:17 PM   #41
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I have one of those, you have a choice of long 94mm or medium 90mm on how you shave the front wheel wells out. It's a tight fit on the MR01 as well. And the wheels stick out a bit as well.
#2392 for the kit.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2004.06.13 at 02:39 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.23, 06:00 PM   #42
dragracing

bodymounts

does anyone know where you can buy the side body clips and front body clip for mounting a 1/24 model body?looking at a dale jr.1/24 model.
Old 2004.05.16, 01:47 AM   #43
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

I just got in two AMT Snapfast kits that I plan on using on my next project. The first is a 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28 kit number 31955, the second is a 1996 Ford Mustang GT kit number 31801. Both have a 102 millimeter wheel base that I plan on using on an MR02 MM chassis set to the middle notch, I dry fit them into place and it look's good so far.

After looking them both over the Camero looks easier because the less I have to cut away on the inside mostly tabs and small pegs, the Mustang has large pegs that have to be cut off with a dremel tool. I will start a new thread when I get somewhere with this.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13979 The beetle kit a Polar Lights kit that looks like it fits an Overland. The only other Beetle that I looked at was the Tamiya version but it is more costly if you are just going to hack it for a Mini Z.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2004.06.13 at 05:50 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.06, 03:27 PM   #44
Racemonster505

Send a message via Yahoo to Racemonster505
What's a good Body?

Hey Guys i got questions

What's a good scale for a overland chassis? (the less modding the better )

Does anyone know where i can get a Jeep Liberty body for a OL?

does anyone know if koysho come out with a new toyota celica body? I think would good as a Racer.
Racemonster505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.18, 02:13 PM   #45
Tomoyo

Tamiya Ballade Sports CR-X

The Tamiya Ballade Sports CR-X (85 CRX Si) fits perfectly. The only picture I have of mine is unfinished with CA fingerprints all over the windshield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crx.jpg (40.6 KB, 542 views)
Tomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote