Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.12.04, 07:30 PM   #16
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Oval racing is very highly specialized and is best served with a short tight oval that requires patience instead of speed. It will certainly teach you throttle control.

I still have one of the PN motor pods that puts the motor on the other side. Got a couple of Monte Carlo white bodies as well. No, they aren't for sale. They will go with everything else when the time comes.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.04, 10:29 PM   #17
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Oval racing is very highly specialized and is best served with a short tight oval that requires patience instead of speed. It will certainly teach you throttle control.

I still have one of the PN motor pods that puts the motor on the other side. Got a couple of Monte Carlo white bodies as well. No, they aren't for sale. They will go with everything else when the time comes.
I would love to do some short oval with 30 degree rear rubber tires as the softest option, I think it would create a good fight for traction and become quite the equalizer.
Old 2018.12.05, 06:49 AM   #18
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
It’s impolite to ask one how many they have . You invariably end up with more than you want or need is the simple answer. There was a time I had a fleet of a dozen or so and a time where I had whittled that down to 4. I”m currently floating at 6, all built to specific classes. 4 are built from parts up to my liking. The other 2 I try to keep as minimal as possible as I realize I can easily get out of hand with them. I too enjoy building them almost as much as using them. I’ve built far to many LM cars from parts up only to sell them off because I really do not run LM at all. I just periodically find myself with nearly enough parts to build something again and always come back to trying LM for some reason. To this day, I still have the ground work parts for yet another car just waiting for the urge to overtake me once again... I’m holding out I guess for the EVO board for my latest round of LM trials.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.05, 10:49 PM   #19
TPDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
You invariably end up with more than you want or need is the simple answer.
I have 5 and am building a 6th. I just built a very similar scratch build to SuperFly. It was completely unneeded but was so much fun. I got into RC as a middle-schooler in the late 1980s, and I really miss building kits. It was always so satisfying and exciting. My build started with a screaming deal on a Kyosho Brushless Pro board and then PN 2.5 chassis, PN LCG rear end, PN disc damper, PN 64 p Ball diff, Double a-arm front end, and PN 5500 kv motor. It is super smooth and fun to drive.

My big complaint that no one has mentioned in this post about the PN front end is that the 3 included toe bars are all too short, so you think you are getting great adjust ability for the money, but you are not. You had better budget another $10 for the 2 degree bar if you want something neutral (not toe out). It is frustrating that they send 3 toe bars that are too short for their own gear. MC3 in Canada offers some different arms and stabilizer bars and toe bars to go with the PN base part, I've never tried it, but it might be worth a look. All this said, the PN front is super fun to drive. I love this car.

I added the unnecessary car to 3 HFAY spec 70t cars, a stock class car and the current project: a 90 mm spec car. I love messing with them, but certainly probably could easily get away with one or two. . .

My dream is a fleet of 1960s era Le Mans Race cars. I have dreams of some kind of enduro with only these cars. I have been acquiring a mix of Autoscales and whitebodies to have a fleet of Porsche 906s, Ferrrari GTOs, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, and a couple of Ford GTs that I am hoping with become GT40s with some minor Styrene work. My time is limited and my progress is slow. I hopefully will finish my first body this month, but it is slow going. My "club" of three racers is so small that we will probably need to switch cars instead of drivers to run, but I would still love to do it someday.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.06, 06:08 AM   #20
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The 906 is a fun car to drive, I have 4 bodies myself
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.06, 04:24 PM   #21
Qball41

Currently at 5 cars and holding ( trying to hold). 2 are mr-03 lm which are my faves. One mr-03 mm sport. And I have 2 older mr-02 on AM radios that I keep as loaner cars when folks want to try it out.

I may sell the sport and have my third car on the Kt 531 radio as well.
Old 2018.12.06, 04:49 PM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Just get the mz414 unit and swap out the electronics...