Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.02.26, 06:53 PM   #31
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
For the "Skinny" Class might I suggest that the motor be limited to a 70T
Thats how we did it over here
For sure. I forgot to mention that.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.07, 09:00 AM   #32
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
I thought we were running stock and F1. Most of the time were are not getting organized heats and features in for those two classes as it is.

I'm for heats to set up the mains. Watching one car run the track for 10 laps for everyone that's there for all classes would last all day and limit the time everyone can be on the track either to race or practice.

Jusy sayin
Old 2013.03.07, 09:53 AM   #33
imxlr8ed

I'm thinking of just starting the timer when we start tuning, and just letting it run for a half hour at a time and qualifying for the Mains by fastest average lap. Quite simple actually and I'm pretty sure other tracks populate their Heats via this method. I think the Flipside software will have to be loaded up though to do this right... not sure if the base Core software can do this or not.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.07, 10:31 AM   #34
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
to chime in...

very similar to what we do. fastest lap within fixed period of time. zround provides average lap time calculations but it will not sort via an average which is why we have just gone with best lap time. not everyone is thrilled with this but then again, not everyone was happy with heats either. i like the average idea but it will be dictated by whom joins you on the track and how accommodating they are in getting clean consistent lap times or it all gets skewed by traffic/tie ups similar to heats. best lap in fixed time puts the pressure on the drivers to coordinate efforts to achieve best time and in reality, not everyone should be shooting for TQ spot as you could end up in a grouping far exceeding the skill level causing more problems than good. for us it's a careful balance of knowing whom you drive best with on the track and what lap time you need to hit to achieve that. it's not perfect and certainly takes some adjustment as i don't think everyone in our group really understands the thinking that should be going on and just goes out for the full allotted time to hopefully get TQ. for us, this is for HFAY qualifying racing.

i haven't used flipside in awhile due to Giro-Z compatibility issues. it was great in providing a simple to understand and use system.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.07, 01:00 PM   #35
imxlr8ed

I was planning on keeping it 10 individual laps so there is absolutely no question as to who goes where, but thinking more about it, I would think it should be the average of the ten best laps used to populate the heats or mains.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2013.03.07, 06:59 PM   #36
arch2b

10 solo laps with average time, sounds good to me.
Old 2013.03.11, 10:38 AM   #37
hilldebrandt
hilldebrandt's hobby

Something to think about for the future...with the flipside software you can use generic Texas Instruments tags that are much smaller than the core tags, maybe better for f1? I can look into purchasing these and donating to the club.

Can't wait for the 24th...finally cleaning out my basement to make room to set up a practice rcp track...wo0t!

Larry, I'm interested in that mr02 and radio combo if it's still for sale. That'll be for my girlfriend to race if she wants to...

See ya'll on the 24th.

Edit: ooops posted here before I saw the other thread that we weren't racing on the 24th. Don't know if I can make it the friday before...depends on how late I'm working...but I'll try

http://dorksonwheels.com(RIP)

Last edited by hilldebrandt; 2013.03.11 at 10:45 AM.
hilldebrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.11, 10:47 AM   #38
arch2b

i have some generic tags left over and will give them to Ed next weekend. i also still have a dozen or so core tags.
Old 2013.03.11, 10:51 AM   #39
hilldebrandt
hilldebrandt's hobby

Cool...thanks Ray.

I have some too that I got when I bought the Kyosho tag system from Pinwic4 that he was using to test for the flipside software awhile back...

Old 2013.03.11, 11:18 AM   #40
imxlr8ed

Thanks Ray!

Back off Greg!... that MR02 is waiting for my refund!

Not sure what I'm doing exactly yet but I will be selling one of my MR03s or one of my hooked up MR02s with that red 2.4 controller to make up the difference. First come first served as always, barring that someone doesn't bury that MR02 in their backyard until they get the funds.

Raceday for this month... I'm still trying to figure a day or night, so damn busy with work and all of the other usual events, it's hard to plan anything. I have Friday night of the 29th in my head now... I will post a thread as soon as I get it confirmed.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2013.03.11, 11:39 AM   #41
hilldebrandt
hilldebrandt's hobby

Ooops...I forgot that it's in your basement yet so it's your rules....hehehe