Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.06.10, 06:13 PM   #1
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

Wwwwwwoowwwwwwww!!!!

if none of you have tried doing this i strongly suggest that you do, it takes a bit of work, but its very nice when you get it right.

I got bored today so i hit up my lhs and bought a new pin gear a 14 tooth team orion and a bottle of black death. Cleaned my x-speed by running it in a glass of water for a few minutes and let it dry for about 10 min. then i added some black death to the end bell, bushing on the arm and to the com, well i think i hit it. I put the pin gear on, had to play with the meshing on my stock motor housing, just a part of a calling card and about 4 pieces of paper and the gear was alright, since it was too big i wrapped a rubber band around it to hold the motor in place. Took it outside to run it in the parking lot, and omg its freaking fast!!!! about 35% faster at the end of a long run, not much for acceleration, but wow, it moves. And its completely silent along with it, not sure if the right mesh or the black death did that, but it does wonders. The one thing that worries me is that my tlp turbo was extremely hot, and the motor was kinda warm too, guess i should add a heat sink to it. But if any one is looking to see a damn fast z, try out some of this stuff and you will be amazed.

Just gotta wait til next week and im gonna get a bbcan and see if drac has any magnets left or on order so i can get some more torque outta the beast.
Old 2002.06.10, 06:17 PM   #2
PITZON
MR 02 Driver

Send a message via ICQ to PITZON
14 tooth???? Thats alot of gears, no wonder it gets hot... You must have a large space to let that car stretch out dont you?

Check out some of my cars http://mini-zracer com/gallery/pitzon
PITZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.10, 06:27 PM   #3
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

probably about 250 feet of nice flat pavement in my parking lot, with no cars, only problem is the occasional rock and an area that big takes a week to sweep off
Old 2002.06.10, 06:36 PM   #4
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Buy the pinions for the HPI Micro, they come in 2 packs 8 - 10T and 11 - 14T. Mr. Mini-Z's other site, http://yourmicro.com has them in their shop. They are metal, so if you don't get your gear mesh set right, they will chew up your spur gear, but I have been running mine for many months now with no signs of wear at all!!!!

--------------------------------------------
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.10, 06:40 PM   #5
The Thunderer

Is it ever "okay" to run your motor "underwater"???? I can't understand that...

BUT, WOW. I'll see if my lhs carries the Black Death stuff and try it without the immersing part. I'll try it with all the motors I have... Even my son's PALM RUNNER!!! LOL.

-----
"Where there is lightning, there is The Thunderer."
The Thunderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.10, 07:11 PM   #6
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

some people run it in water to break it in, i just did to clean it out good, without taking it apart. it worked really good as the chunks of foam came out of it.
Old 2002.06.11, 10:12 PM   #7
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
the whole motor

do you put in the whole motor except the wires and eletrical source or everything?

gotta know before i try it!

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.11, 11:45 PM   #8
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

i put the whole motor with about an inch of my turbo wires in the water, cleaned it out really nice but not going to do it for every day cleaning, this was when i seriously needed it cleaned out.
Old 2002.06.12, 04:21 AM   #9
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
one more thing

no offence but who or what is the little jumping person?

just Q-rious

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.12, 08:56 AM   #10
Teek

Send a message via AIM to Teek
I think it looks like the Quake dude?

Anyways, hey Ty_r_k, should u do this immersion water cleaning method for a brand new motor. As u say, wearing it in? U think it will help??

I'm interested in trying it. I don't think I can short my motor out tho...

Im interested in doing this, cause my motor is making a really high pitch squeeky sound when I run it. Maybe something is in there, or it needs a clean. It's brand new, and I bet it has been sittin in shop storage for a while o.O

Last edited by Teek; 2002.06.12 at 08:59 AM.
Teek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.06.12, 03:04 PM   #11
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

well the jumping guy is a barbarian from diablo 2, i used to play the hell out of it

The water trick works great for breaking it in, but i did it with an older motor just to see if it would clean it out, and it runs much better, when im not having problems with the turbo
Old 2002.06.12, 07:46 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

A friend of mine has a magic brew that he concocted that works amazingly for motor break-in and cleaning; I don't know what it's made of, but it's more of a solvent-type solution than water-based. The main concern about the water method is making sure that you get every last drop out after you dip.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.11.18, 11:29 AM   #13
Waduk
Mini-Z Novice

I just wonder about water-dip the motor, are you guys put the whole motor in the water ?
Waduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.11.18, 11:30 AM   #14
Waduk
Mini-Z Novice

sorry if posible do you have picture?
Waduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.11.18, 03:46 PM   #15
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
I'm gonna give this a try. I just have one question. I'm using a Squat BB Can. Are the bearings submersable in water without rusting etc...???
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote