Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Mini RC

Old 2004.06.29, 02:09 PM   #1
JattBoyz_69

Question what should i buy? venom mini giant or mini-z madforce

imma wonderin what is the better mini truck. imma little more wooried about buyin the venom mini because it looks a little cheep. it would be great if you could help me out.... thx
JattBoyz_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.29, 02:25 PM   #2

Cool shawn

SHAWn just go with the tlt-1 rockbuster.

By the way i put a light system that works and built a trailer outta cardboard then spray painted it blue.
age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.29, 07:16 PM   #3
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

The Mini Giant is great! Small enough to run indoors and durable enough for some good outdoor bashing, and very customizable. Just get a set of ball bearings before you get too ambitious with it and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

David
Old 2004.06.29, 10:38 PM   #4
TamiyaBF
MZM Freak

mini-z monster is a ton of fun. Venom wont be around much longer and parts will be hard to come by.
TamiyaBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.30, 12:18 AM   #5
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Quote:
Venom wont be around much longer and parts will be hard to come by
Well, that's an opinion, and an unfounded one at that. Venom has been around a long time. They are new to the Mini R/C market, but that doesn't mean they are gonne drop it any time soon. There are also several companies already working on aftermarket parts for the VMG. It may take a while but the VMG is gaining in popularity and aftermarket support. I doubt the VMG will ever get the kind of support as the MM, but that doesn't make the MM better. Kyosho has won the marketing war, but that doesn't mean they have the better product. The VMG is a much better outdoor mini R/C truck. The drive train is sealed much, much better, it's 4WD and it's far more durable, and it's even cheaper! If all you want to do is play indoors, the MM is fine, but the VMG plays indoors fine as well.

David
Old 2004.06.30, 12:03 PM   #6
TNB
Pet Human

I purchased both and with some places selling the Mini-Giant at USD $99, the Mini-Giant is kind of difficult to pass up. I also agree with davkin about the VMG being a better "outdoor" truck than the MMT and that one nice quality is that the VMG is 4WD.
Old 2004.06.30, 12:46 PM   #7
TamiyaBF
MZM Freak

No doubt it is an opinon, ill agree with you boys as well, the MG is a better outdoor truck. But if you ask that question on a mini-z board there are bound to be some bias replies like mine towards the mini-z.

Have you guys broken anything on your MG? A friend of mine has one and he says that it breaks all the time because of "cheap plastic", but the guy is kind of a goober, so hopefull you can shed an opinion.

-Kyle
TamiyaBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.30, 06:21 PM   #8
TNB
Pet Human

I haven't broken anything, but I don't try to drive the VMG like a racer or a basher. And since the motor tends to get awful hot in my opinon, I don't run it until the battery pack runs out. I just use it to crawl around (outside mostly).
Old 2004.06.30, 09:18 PM   #9
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

I haven't broken anything on my VMG. I don't run it very hard though, I don't abuse any of my mini's. The problem often times with breakage is with people treating these things like they are 1/10 scale. If you are gonna jump a few feet up in the air with any mini you can't expect it to not break something now and then. They are not a T-maxx's! Now, I don't own an MM, I do however have two OL's and bought some MM parts hoping I could retrofit them, (couldn't do it.) so I have a very good idea of the design of the MM. It's basically just an OL on steroids and I think the design is inherinty flawed, especially for any severe driving or outdoor use. Just looking at the VMG you can tell is is a much, much sturdier truck. My only complaint on the design is the steering system, but it's still far better than the OL or MM design. The plastic on the VMG is softer than the MM, but that isn't a bad thing, the Kyosho hard plastic snaps like a twig just by looking at it. The VMG plastic will bend far less often than breaking.

TNB, have you installed bearings yet? If not do it ASAP! You'll be able to run all day long without overheating the motor. Also, there is a danger of melting internal parts if you run for extended periods without bearings.

David
Old 2004.07.01, 01:42 AM   #10
TNB
Pet Human

davkin,

I actually forgot about getting bearings for the VMG. The last few times I checked at the LHS, they didn't have them and I just haven't got around to asking about them in awhile. However, HobbyTownUSA has also started carrying the VMG so now I'll have twice as many chances to remember (or I'll put a reminder in my phone). Quite frankly, the VMG is just not on my list of high RC priorities since it's not a Mini-Z. Thanks again for the reminder.
Old 2004.07.01, 12:22 PM   #11
shibby

btw www.one18th.com is working on aluminum parts for the venom MG
Venom sais that they sent a MG to Proline so they could work on stuff (tires and bodies)
and they say they have a 3rd company making stuff but they are keeping quite about it (prolly GPM or GH)
Old 2004.07.01, 07:52 PM   #12
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Quote:
Venom sais that they sent a MG to Proline so they could work on stuff (tires and bodies)
Cool! We need some tire options, and nice better fitting bodies would be good too. See, Venom is dedicated to making the VMG a long term hit, having a mainstream R/C hopup manufacturer working on upgrades for it. This is great news!

David