Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > New York Mini-Z Racing

Old 2008.04.28, 06:04 PM   #1
ActionRC
Action RC 2

ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY: 2nd ANNUAL MINI-Z CHAMPIONSHIPS!

It's that time of year again - time to determine who the greatest Mini-Z drivers are in the Tri-State area! It's time for the 2nd Annual NYC Mini-Z Championships at Action RC Mini Speedway! This year promises to be another incredible event - just like last year. Here are some of the basics:

* DATE: June 21, 2008
* TIME: Doors open at 10:00am for practice. Racing will start at 1:00pm.
* PLACE: Action RC Mini Speedway, 101M Ellis Street, Suite G, S.I., NY 10307

CLASSES, FEES, etc
Classes will be run under normal Action RC rules, with the exception of the MR02 Stock class, which will use PN Speedy 07 BB handout motors! Here's what we'll be running:

MR02 Stock w/ PN Speedy 07 BB handout!
MR015 Spec
AWD/2WD MODIFIED - New class!

We'll have lots of prizes and giveaways, free bagels and coffee in the morning, raffles, and as always, we'll have a really great time.

Registration will be limited to only 33 racers, so register early!

PAYMENT: Prepayment will be necessary to reserve your spot as one of the 33 drivers. If you will not be paying in person, you may send a cashiers check or money order for your registration, stating the classes you wish to run, or call your registration in by phone using your credit card.

COST: Drivers running MR02 Stock: The first class is $30, which includes your handout motor. The second class is $10, and the third class is $5.
Drivers NOT running MR02 Stock: The first class is $25, and the second class is $10.

Random inspections of motors and cars will be performed by lottery. Make sure your cars fit within the rules - they are very simple. Cars that do not conform to the rules will not be permitted to run, and we will point at you, call you a cheater, make fun of you, and possibly throw things at you, some of which will be heavy and/or sharp. Don't cheat. No one likes a cheater.

CANCELLATIONS: If, for whatever reason, you register but will not be able to attend, you will receive a full credit up until May 21st. After May 21st, half of your registration fees will be returned, up until June 14th. After June 14th, a refund will not be offered, as it may be too late to fill the spot and motor that were held for you.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon at Action RC Mini Speedway! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! I can check my email much more often than this forum, so if you have any specific questions, please contact me directly. Of course, the general discussions here are always super-informative as well. Let's go racing!!!

See you June 21st! (See rules on next post.)

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
101M Ellis Street, Suite G
Staten Island, NY 10307
718-317-5420
www.actionRCspeedway.com
info@actionRCspeedway.com
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.28, 06:06 PM   #2
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Action Rc Rules

ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY, INC.
POINT SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP RULES and INFO

The following rules are to be followed for racing at Action RC Mini Speedway:

POINTS INFO
1. Point Series Championships run for ten (10) weeks. Six (6) of those weeks are counted toward your total points. Four (4) of those ten weeks can be dropped (lowest points) or missed.
2. Drivers are rewarded points for their finishing position. The higher the position, the higher the points rewarded. The winner of the A-Main gets 100 points, and the points and positions go down by one (1) point from 100.
3. Drivers with more A-Main finishes are considered Division 1 drivers. Drivers with more B-Main finishes are considered Division 2 drivers. Drivers with more C/D-Main finishes are considered Division 3 drivers. Drivers can be “bumped-up
or down” to other divisions with each week’s results.
4. Prizes, Gift Certificates, and/or Trophies are rewarded the Saturday night after the tenth night of each Championship so that trophies can be customized. Rewards may vary with each Championship.

CLASSES
The following classes are run at Action RC Mini Speedway:
- MR02 Stock
- Formula 1
- MR015 Spec
- All Wheel Drive / Modified 2WD
- NASCAR

CAR RULES
1. CHASSIS: Chassis must be Kyosho stock, clear or tinted (skeleton) chassis.
2. BOARDS: Only unmodified, box-stock boards (3004, 3010, 2.4 ghz) are permitted. (AD Band w/ permission.)
3. BATTERIES: Any AAA batteries are permitted. Lithium batteries are NOT permitted.
4. TIRES: Only rubber tires are permitted. Foam tires are NOT permitted. Tire traction compound is NOT permitted.
5. MOTORS: Kyosho stock, X-Speed, Atomic BB Stock, PN Racing Speedy 05 and 07 series motors are permitted.
6. BODIES: Only Kyosho or Iwaver bodies are permitted. Bodies can only slightly be modified if necessary for some suspension parts fit. Full windows must be present, but front or front-side windows can be removed.

EXCEPTIONS AND SPECIFICS PER CLASS
MR015 Spec Class- Only box-stock Kyosho motors are permitted.
- Only narrow bodies (bodies that do NOT fit the MR02 chassis) are permitted.

AWD/2WD Modified Class- For AWD cars, any motor is permitted. For 2WD cars, ONLY modified motors are permitted.
(Cars that run in the MR02 Stock class cannot run in the AWD/2WD Mod class without a motor swap.)
- Modified boards are permitted.
- Custom and aftermarket chassis’ are permitted.
- Bodies can be modified, but must be present.
- Modified cars must maintain the 1/28 scale length and width of an MR01 or MR02 chassis. An overage of ¼” will
be allowed (1/8” per side or length of the car.)

NASCAR Class- Only Kyosho NASCAR bodies are permitted.
- Only Kyosho NASCAR tires are permitted.
- Only MR015 chassis are permitted.

LET’S GO RACING!
Old 2008.04.28, 06:33 PM   #3
Tjay

left you a vmail Al. Please call me anytime of the day. I want to sign up for 2wd stock and 4wd.

Thank you and see you all soon!
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.28, 07:14 PM   #4
rc100722
RICE AND BEANS MOTORSPORT

how do i preregister for the race
rc100722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.28, 09:03 PM   #5
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
I'm in.....gotta defend my titles.

I'm such a DORK...I know!!!

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.28, 10:12 PM   #6
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

What is the qualifying rule?
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.30, 01:53 PM   #7
Tjay

Are you guys changing the layout before the race?
What's the track temp normally?
How old/new is the RCP track?
What tires do you guys usually use for stock class and mod?

Thank you!
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.30, 03:59 PM   #8
hdsport82

I know that the stock class uses stock boards and chassis, What hopups are allowed?
hdsport82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.05, 02:31 PM   #9
CDR racing
Crop

Send a message via AIM to CDR racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsport82 View Post
I know that the stock class uses stock boards and chassis, What hopups are allowed?
Any other performance hop-ups are allowed. The only restrictions to this class as far as hop-ups go are the motor and the board must be box stock.
CDR racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.05, 06:31 PM   #10
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
TJ,

Tires... depends entirely on setup and driving style.

My 94mm MM Lexus I use PN 6d radials with PN 8d slicks in the front. PN white springs, medium carbon t-plate, red PN damper springs, red top shock spring. The Kyosho 20d slicks work decent with the PN 15d front as a substitute, but I had to use the FRP t-plate with that setup. The PN 6d radials run better with the carbon t-plate, as there is more rear grip.

My 102mm MM Mazda, I use PN 6d slicks (ran out of radials), Atomic 30d Slick-R, PN white springs, FRP hard t-plate, red PN damper springs. I have a little too much front bite with that setup. It was my first run with it last week... Going to try different tires next week. Probably PN 20d or 15d... I need to dial out just a little bit of the steering. Although, I was using a gear diff with this setup. Which drove well, qualifying A2, finishing either 3rd or 4th (I forgot since I run too many classes).

For mod class, I use the 6d radials as well with Atomic Slick-R 30d. The handout front tires 40d AW have too much bite for the front, even with the PN 6d radials. I am trying to get some of the new Kyosho 20d radials to try for the rear...

Temps are vary a bit, but are usually kept around 70-75f I think. I dont know exactly. Track is about 4 years old I believe... and is WELL broken in. Grip is a little low compared to other tracks I have raced, it allways feels like there is more front bite than rear.

I have been told that it will be a completely new layout for the event. We will not have the Nascar layout to worry about... so it should be fun :P

Last edited by EMU; 2008.05.05 at 06:39 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.16, 02:54 PM   #11
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Hi, everyone! If you have not preregistered yet, do it soon! Spots are filling up quickly! This is sure to be an AWESOME race!

The track will be very unique to all because, as EMU mentioned, I will not have the oval as part of the roadcoarse to deal with, so I can really go crazy with it! Not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I make some pretty cool layouts even with the confines of the oval. Without it, this track will be SICK! When the doors open Saturday, that will be the first time anyone runs it.

Too bad TJ can't make it after all, but we have lots of talent already signed up, and still have room for more. Don't wait too long!

If anyone has any specific questions, and would like to contact me directly, please feel free to contact me by email. I can check that much more often than I could the forum during the day.

info@actionRCspeedway.com

See everyone soon!
Al
ARCMS
Old 2008.05.25, 07:45 PM   #12
ZYHAC
STREETZ

Send a message via Yahoo to ZYHAC
Hey Al if a spot is still open I will join in the fun for 2 classes.
ZYHAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.26, 12:35 AM   #13
imxlr8ed

So... for MR02 Stock... you're allowing the 2.4ghz and the AD Bands? Am I reading that right? (cool!)

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.26, 12:55 AM   #14
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
We have been running 2.4 and AD in the stock class for some time. Most still run the AM cars. I ran my 2.4 for a couple races, then went back to the slightly glitchy AM. I feel much more comfortable with the transmitter, even when using the 2PL (which has less glitch than the Helios).

The only person to win with a 2.4 was Magic. Who, unfortunately is no longer racing, again. I finished less than a tenth of a second behind him that race with the stock car from the Atomic race.

AD dont run well, if at all... Most will not finish a heat before shutting down, even with all the little tricks to reduce it. I run fine during practice few drivers, but during the races, its not good. Although I glitch the least out of any of the AD cars I have seen. Some run wild, others just stop and cant move at all until you come closer with the TX.
Old 2008.05.26, 11:00 AM   #15
imxlr8ed

OK... thanks EMU!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote