Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.03, 10:57 PM   #1
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Talking Brooklyn Hobbies

Tonight was a good night of racing at Brooklyn Hobbies!

There were about 15 drivers and three mains. The C Main was supposed to have three drivers, but I only saw two out there. Nicholas took the win from Paul.

The B main had Dean, Jose, Courtney, Martin, and 5th person who I can't recall at the moment(sorry). Dean took the win with Courtney in 2nd. Courtney's transponder was missing laps, and there was some debate about the win, but hey, thats racin. Jose's car had traction roll problems all day; not sure what is going on with it. Martin's car is just too fast to control.

The A main qualifying was Gary in TQ, Richie, Chris(I think I have the name right), Clarence, and then Jeremy last. Honestly, this race is foggy because I was mostly trying to get out of Gary and Richie's way. I know that Clarence had car problems about half way through the race and was off the track for a minute. With about 2 minutes left Richie had a bad crash and his body came off. This let Gary have a pretty clean run to the end and took the win with Richie about a lap down, with Chris a lap or so behind him. Jeremy (me) managed to let people pass without too much fuss, and I ended up 6 or 7 laps down; Courtney was behind me somewhere due to his problems.
Old 2010.01.03, 11:15 PM   #2
Scrapper
Stu

Send a message via MSN to Scrapper
i didnt know brooklyn had racing today
Old 2010.01.03, 11:24 PM   #3
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugottz View Post
i didnt know brooklyn had racing today
They race every Sunday. Racing usually starts at 3, ends at 6. Today was later, but not much.
Old 2010.01.03, 11:51 PM   #4
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Wow, racers in NYC are hooked to Mini-z for sure. There was similar turnout at the "big track" in Queens today. Stu and I also found a new race track in Queens on Saturday. I'm not going to mention the name here. It was exciting racing with the Brooklyn hobbies racers on Saturday.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.03, 11:53 PM   #5
Scrapper
Stu

oh yeah i remember i am so lucky my bus got cancelled so i was able to go toda to nyrc

i wish i could go to brooklyn one of these days
Old 2010.01.04, 09:35 AM   #6
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam View Post
Stu and I also found a new race track in Queens on Saturday.
Sai - A new track in Queens? You mean NYRC, right? Or did you forget, I was there until about 6pm on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugottz View Post
i wish i could go to brooklyn one of these days
One great thing about BKH is that it is open for practice every day of the week. 11am-7pm weekdays, until 6pm Sat. I pop in now and then for a couple hours of practice.

The layout is extremely tight. Turn one is a small sweeper into a 10 foot straight then a sweeper into a hairpin, then two very tight S turns, and back to turn one. Lap times are 5.20 for the fast guys; my best is a 5.44 but yesterday I struggled to get a 5.55!
Old 2010.01.04, 11:11 AM   #7
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
Sai - A new track in Queens? You mean NYRC, right? Or did you forget, I was there until about 6pm on Saturday
No it's not NYRC it's another track in NorthEastern Queens.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.04, 12:27 PM   #8
Number1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam View Post
Wow, racers in NYC are hooked to Mini-z for sure. There was similar turnout at the "big track" in Queens today. Stu and I also found a new race track in Queens on Saturday. I'm not going to mention the name here. It was exciting racing with the Brooklyn hobbies racers on Saturday.
Why the secrecy? You'll only arise curiosity.

The big Apple Hobbies has a little track that they set up in the store On Friday after the business hours every Fridays during winter.They have done it since maybe 5 years ago. They didn't do it for the winter of 2007 and 2008. This year they start doing it again, I think, because the incresed interests in mini-z.
Is this the "new race track in Queens " you were talking about?
http://www.bigapplehobbies.com/v/homepage.asp
http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com....ed=0CAgQnwIwAA

Last edited by Number1; 2010.01.04 at 12:42 PM.
Number1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.17, 10:04 PM   #9
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

Was everyone afraid of the rain today?

We had 11 drivers total, and a lot of fun. There was a C main of two drivers; both young guys. Not sure their names, but it was a fun race to marshal

Courtney took the B from Jose in a really close race, and both ran really nice races.

Saint was up from maryland, and he qualified in 5th in the A, I was in 4th, and I'm not sure the qualifying order of the top three: Richie, Gary, and someone in a wickedly fast yellow mucielago, sorry, don't know your name. Richie won, mucielago in 2nd, saint in 3rd, myself in 4th, and gary 5th due to mechanical problems.

Was a good time, hope to see you next week.

And another thing. There is a new layout at BKH, and it is GREAT. Rather than the double 's' turns there is a very tight chicane. I think the track is much more interesting to drive as I found the old layout a bit repetitive.

-Jer

Last edited by JeremyC; 2010.01.17 at 10:07 PM. Reason: clarification
JeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.18, 02:15 AM   #10
pressure

Bkh

Great run Jeremy. Rob R ran the Lambo it was on fire hes looking real good out there. Another shout out to Saint for comming up from Maryland.
pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.31, 07:51 PM   #11
JeremyC
MR-02 for life

I think we had 16 drivers tonight, and Richie didn't even run! Chris was running his car..

My recount of the night's events is going to be short because I was kind of in a hectic state all day, and don't really remember much.

I have no clue who won the C main, but there were 6 cars out there and the racing looked pretty darn clean for a C main.

The B-main is the only race I really know anything about, and that is because I was in it. I started on the pole, and switched places with Nick and Pat in the first few laps. I was in the lead for most of the middle of the race, and Pat did pass me and was in the lead for a couple minutes. He was picked up by one of the marshals and it cost him a position, that didn't sit well with him and he lost his pace considerably. I ended up lapping him a couple more times to take it. Nick ran an amazing race and I'm really impressed with his car control. Given that he is 9 years old I'm sure hell be whipping me before too long.

A main........... I marshaled and payed attention to my corner. I know that Chris lead the race almost the whole thing, and was hunted down by Rob R, but Chris held on for the Win. I know Gary was in the mix, but I can't remember if he ended in 2nd or 3rd over Rob. Courtney was 4th and Jose was 5th

Great racing everyone, good to see you.
Old 2010.02.16, 10:30 AM   #12
J-Milz

Brooklyn hobbies- congrats on the news article!!!
Old 2010.02.16, 10:41 AM   #13
Scrapper
Stu

what news article
Old 2010.02.16, 11:49 AM   #14
pressure

Link to Daily News Article

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ious_toys.html
pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.26, 07:33 PM   #15
Scrapper