Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.03.16, 12:18 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The Track

i wanted to introduce The Track!

16806 Oakmont Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
You can reach the track by phone at 301.417.9630 or by email to

Mimi Wong

Sunday
9 - 4pm.
Monday
12 - 6pm.
Tuesday through Friday
12 - 9pm.
Saturday
10am - 9pm (or later)

There are several hotels nearby:

Summerfield Suites Hotel
One & Two Bedroom Suites...ideal for teams or large groups!
200 Skidmore Blvd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-527-6000 x505
Price: approx. $140.00/2 bdrm with living room

Comfort Inn
16216 S. Frederick Rd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-330-0023
Price: approx. $69.00/double

Red Roof Inn
16001 Shady Grove Rd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-987-0965
Price: approx. $79.00/double

Don't forget to mention "The Track" when making reservations.

all those who attended The Capital Challenge are familiar with the location and facilities.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.16, 01:41 PM   #2
geeunit1014
Reflex Driver at Large

Our next event there will be March 26th, and unlike the Capital Challenge, feature a more "normal" size mini z track

Reflex/Team Associated/Reedy/LRP/Castle Creations/Psycho Cells/Exotek/5nines/EMU Racing
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.16, 02:12 PM   #3
arch2b

when will this event be posted? i'll wait for the new post before any questions are posted

i would suggest starting a calendar post which can be stickied and updated as needed and linked to event posts. makes it easy to see a schedule and click to a thread.
Old 2011.03.20, 11:37 AM   #4
Mike Keely

For anyone looking to come out to the Mini-Z races we have scheduled for the last Saturday of each month, here is some of the details. We are going to be part of the Reflex Racing Club Series and here is some of the info on it.

Reflex Racing Club Series

What it is:
The Reflex Racing Club series is a race series that is intended to promote local racing at clubs across the planet. No matter where, no matter what surface. The only thing that is limited is the scale of racing.

The Sponsorship:
Reflex Racing will provide each club or hobby shop in charge of the track a gift certificate for each series winner totaling $50.00 on Reflex Racing brand Merchandise. During the duration of each series, each club and or Hobby Shop will also be handed down a 10% discount across ALL PRODUCTS (some exclusions apply) available through the store, these discounts are to be handed down to all REFLEX CLUB SERIES participants. If a track has a local store, the discount will be through the individual shop. If the track is a club, a discount code will be issued to each one of the club members participating in a race series so they can redeem this discount when they check out of the store. A maximum of 2 race series per club can be run simultaneously. There is no limit on how many race series can be run. Only 1 race per week, per series may be scheduled.

The Rules:
Well, they are very simple. Basically each series is an independent series organized and run by each individual club. The classes are chosen by each individual club. This ensures that each club races what is most popular at each individual location.

The only guidelines needed to be followed are:

1.Class Stucture:
A. The stock class must run 4 AAA NiMH batteries and a 130 size, 70 Turn Brushed Motor, with bushings.
B. The Modified class has the option of running 4 AAA NiMH batteries and free motor OR a 70 Turn Motor with LiFE batteries, such as the ones made by R246.
C. All Classes must be run on Rubber Tires.

2.Classes Available:
A. For the stock Classes, you must select one of the ones below (or similar theme)
-Renault Megane Trophy
-Mini Cooper Cup
-GT2 only cars (F40, 911 GT2/GT3, BMW M3GTR)
-DTM Class (AMG, Audi)
-JGTC (NSX, 350Z, Lexus)
-Ferrari Challenge (Ferrari Only bodies)
-GT1 Le Mans (Long Tail McLaren, Short Tail McLaren, Corvette C5R, Porsche GT1 LM)
-Le Mans Classics (Sauber C9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R390, Posche 962).
-Mosler Challenge

B. Modified Classes can be chosen from the above, or run in more traditional racing formats.

3.Chassis Limitations:
A. Chassis choice is free so long as the club decides to do so for the specific category. For example, AWD and 2WD can run together, if the club allows it. The classes may also be run apart if this is what is deemed best for the series. Any manufacturer’s chassis will be accepted so long as they run Kyosho/TRP/R246 bodies. For the Pan Car classes, Lexan or Plastic is allowed.

4.Racing Structure:
A. Qualifiers will be 5 Minutes, Staggered Starts.
B. Mains will be 15 minutes in length.
C. Six Races will compose a series. The Five BEST Results will be taken.
-Tie breaker will be the dropped race, followed by most 1st place finishes, 2nd place finishes, 3rd place finishes and so forth.
D. Each category will have an independent points table, of which points will be assigned in the following manner:

1st - 120 pts
2nd -115 pts
3rd -110pts
4th - 105
5th -100
6th - 95
7th - 90
8th -85
9th - 80
10th - 75
11th - 70
12th - 65
13th - 60
14th - 55
15th - 50
16th – 45
17th – 40
18th – 35
19th -30
20th- 25
21st – 20
22nd - 15
23rd- 10
24th – 5
25th and on – 1

Top Qualifier – 4 pts

5. Results Tracking:
Each club will be responsible of opening up their own blog page and/or provide us a link with the results page of their individual club. In this page, the results and points table must be reported after each series event. It will be each club’s responsibility to keep the stats current to each club. If these stats are not kept current, the series winners will not be eligible for the discounts and prizes provided by Reflex Racing.

How to participate:

Tell your club/track owner in charge to contact us at: contact@reflexracing.net. We will then provide them with the instructions on how to proceed with the participation of the class.

The classes we will be running will be any Ferrari body with a stock 70T motor. The 70T motor class will be the Reflex Racing Club series. We will also be running Mod and a 90mm wheelbase class. Both Mod and 90mm are a open motor class. The entry fee will be $10 for one class and $15 total if you want to run two or all three classes. We would like to start by 2PM.

I know nothing about setting up a blog or keeping up with it so I am looking for someone that would like to take this on. I have heard that you can set blogs up for free on Google? Please contact me with any questions.

Hope to see you there. Thanks Mike Keely

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2011.03.20 at 05:08 PM.
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.20, 11:57 AM   #5
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Congratulations on getting up and running at Mimi's. Truly a good step in the right direction for the whole area.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.20, 12:23 PM   #6
arch2b

mike,
i think we can work this out through the clubs area here. i'm talking to david about getting the blog feature enabled. OR, mimi can simply handle all the info on her website. i wouldn't go through the trouble of a whole blog just for this when the track has this area and website of their own already.
Old 2011.03.20, 12:33 PM   #7
arch2b

moved rr series to new post, please use this Reflex Racing Series thread for series discussion.
Old 2011.03.23, 06:13 PM   #8
Mike Keely

I will get to The Track at about 9:30AM on Sat. to start setting up the track.
Old 2011.03.27, 09:22 AM   #9
arch2b

don't want to be an a$$, but how is the rr series discount going to work at The Track? discount at rr store or at The Track? i forgot to ask about this yesterday... almost bought the atomic 90mm motor pod and damper but held off till i got clarification on this point.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2011.03.27 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2011.03.27, 03:31 PM   #10
Mike Keely

I will check and let everyone know. MK
Old 2011.03.31, 06:02 PM   #11
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
don't want to be an a$$, but how is the rr series discount going to work at The Track? discount at rr store or at The Track? i forgot to ask about this yesterday... almost bought the atomic 90mm motor pod and damper but held off till i got clarification on this point.
Mimi is going to give the discount at her shop for anyone entered in the series.
Old 2011.03.31, 06:04 PM   #12
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
mike,
i think we can work this out through the clubs area here. i'm talking to david about getting the blog feature enabled. OR, mimi can simply handle all the info on her website. i wouldn't go through the trouble of a whole blog just for this when the track has this area and website of their own already.
I spoke to Christain and he is fine with this and I will talk to you after I have the Points Standings.
Old 2012.10.01, 05:16 PM   #13
Daddy Rabbit

Arch...Mike... Are you guys going to do an event in the near future?
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote