Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.05.07, 11:23 AM   #151
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNracing View Post
still need solve some technical problem, but should be couple months
OH YEAH!!!!!
WOW!!! So we MA-010 4wd fans will finial have a double -A- arm front suspension. GREAT!!!
THXXX… Mr. PN
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.07, 02:52 PM   #152
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
WOW!!! at last, lets all take a moment of silence........................................... .................................................. .......................................Ok, thank you.

Philip, your "THE MAN". Also, you got a great first name

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.09, 12:03 PM   #153
benmlee

Quote:
Update:
Space in the AWD is definitely a challenge. Overall concept and layout is complete, and everything fits. Did a "stress test" on the main bracket, and it failed. Good thing there is enough space to add material. Now it pass. Took some materal out from strong area to make it light. Things are definitely tight. Need to check the A-arms to make sure they are robust, but those are usually ok. Maybe couple more days, and first iteration will be ready for prototype
benmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.09, 12:10 PM   #154
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Will the AWD A-Arms have a wider track?
Old 2009.05.09, 03:11 PM   #155
Old Crow
Old Crow Racing

Is this just the front, or rear too? Maybe that comes later?
Old Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.09, 03:51 PM   #156
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Update:
Space in the AWD is definitely a challenge. Overall concept and layout is complete, and everything fits. Did a "stress test" on the main bracket, and it failed. Good thing there is enough space to add material. Now it pass. Took some materal out from strong area to make it light. Things are definitely tight. Need to check the A-arms to make sure they are robust, but those are usually ok. Maybe couple more days, and first iteration will be ready for prototype
Thanks for the up-date Ben.
Really looking forward for an excellent product, as customary from PN and your design table.
Cheers
Old 2009.05.10, 03:11 AM   #157
EMU
EMUracing

I had a chance to run the A-Arm suspension today on my 70t pan car... Took a couple tire changes to get the balance right. I changed from WTF, but kept the same wheels... The car had more entrance and exit steering. The only real problem that I had with it was that the track is pretty bumpy, and on the sweepers I found it would wander a little. Nothing that would put it out of control, but I had to pay a little more attention than I did with the WTF. I did not do a head to head comparison, but I felt that the car may be slightly faster with the A-Arm, but easier to drive in traffic with the WTF. My confidence wasnt high enough with the control over the bumps to attempt tight passes.

Next week I will try it out with a mod motor and see how it does... I used the stock springs, camber adjustment in the upward position, 1 shim on each side of the bracket for caster... I think once I get the hang of tuning it and driving, it will really shine. With a 70t motor, it wont show as much of a difference compared to faster motors.
Old 2009.05.10, 04:38 PM   #158
benmlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Will the AWD A-Arms have a wider track?

Baseline is to have stock width A-Arms for both front and back. Stock width would allow people to use stock autoscale rims instead of racing rims. Autoscale rims adds character to the car. Making a wider option should be easy once a stock width is done. It would be more expensive since you will need a longer driveshaft and tierod. Probably a natural width increase would be 2.5mm each side. That would make the front the same as MR02.
benmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 05:06 PM   #159
EMU
EMUracing

That would be ideal Ben No need to go wider...
Old 2009.05.10, 06:04 PM   #160
eztuner12

Hi Eugene & Ben,

I also think that wider A-arms would jeopardize the system through possible bending or damaging on an accident.

The actual steering knuckles have the steering arms parallel to the chassis. If you change to a more angled to the center of the chassis steering arms, you will accomplish a simpler and less expensive solution in line to eliminate the front end sliding, when going thru the curves.

Cheers
Old 2009.05.10, 06:56 PM   #161
MantisMMA
tire schredder

what in the world is " front end sliding"????? do you mean scrub?

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 07:22 PM   #162
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Baseline is to have stock width A-Arms for both front and back. Stock width would allow people to use stock autoscale rims instead of racing rims. Autoscale rims adds character to the car. Making a wider option should be easy once a stock width is done. It would be more expensive since you will need a longer driveshaft and tierod. Probably a natural width increase would be 2.5mm each side. That would make the front the same as MR02.
Ok, did I read this correctly? A-Arms for both front and back? those this means PN is making a double A-Arm system for the rear of the AWD?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 08:34 PM   #163
MantisMMA
tire schredder

why spend this kind of money on a part if your not gonna race it? the track should be widened at least on the front. other wise you will lose most of the gain from the suspension because of the ridiculous offsets we have to run now. racing parts are for race cars!

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 08:54 PM   #164
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisMMA View Post
what in the world is " front end sliding"????? do you mean scrub?
Yep, sliding sideways or scrubbing.
Cheers
Old 2009.05.11, 01:52 AM   #165
EMU
EMUracing

Marcus, I think that they want to target the entire AWD market first, then work on the wider track for the hardcore racers. Once they get the main bracket setup, it should be easier to make longer arms, universals and tie rod. There are some people that will buy it to use the bodies that come with the AWD.

Personally, I would only be interested in an MR02 width front end setup... I wish that the MR02 version was wider as well. I dont run anything more than 1mm front offset, usually no offset. Im running 0 offset with the a-arms on my pan car.