Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.08.21, 01:08 PM   #61
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

im positive everyone has lm bodys. some still run them in our stock asc class. so is it going to be stock, lm and f1 for sure?
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.21, 04:54 PM   #62
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
The LM class at our track allows any wheel as long as the LM tires fit. This allows the use of higher offsets so you don't have to buy an LM ball diff. I wouldn't mind a Pan Stock class if it will be well supported.
Can the LM tires be thinned? I didnt put em on a truer or anything, but Ive got a bunch of pretty thin ones that would easily stretch over regular wheels. Basically the rule is "use LM tires"

Im talking with the wife about making it out there. If I can work it out, Ill be down for stock, LM, F1, and 70t pan if y'all run it. Id be down for any of those three if one gets left off the bill.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.22, 08:38 AM   #63
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

See the event thread here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32450

Please post all further discussion here. Look forward to racing with our friends in the MiniZ community, veterans and those just starting out.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.30, 05:12 PM   #64
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
So, I think we should or someone should talk to Jim and Vicki about hosting a Saturday race.

With a little tweaking of the track room I think we could make the track just a bit bigger and gain some Pit space.

Maybe we could sacrafice a night of Thursday racing or have a mandatory Saturday workday to complete the project.

Some one could line up some sponsors for some free door prizes, tires, bearings, T Plates, wheels nuts, an autoscale or two. Just some basics, everyones a winner with free door prizes.

If we charged lets say a $50.00 entry fee for as many classes as you can run Stock, Lemans, F-1, and Mod? If we had 20 entries that would be a thousand bucks. The shop could pocket half not bad! The other half could go towards gift certificates to Highspeed for the 1, 2, 3 maybe even fourth place finishers of the A and B main. May be even a prize for the best sport of the day.

This way everyone would have a shot at winning some of there entry fee back, for the shop it would be win, win because they the prize winnings would be spent at the shop.

Depending on how many classes we ran this could be a 2 dayer or a long all dayer.

Well just me rambling, if anything maybe this will get some discusion going.

Jay
I would really enjoy a full day racing without having to travel to Timbucktu.
Old 2011.08.01, 08:31 AM   #65
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I guess no one gives a crap about running a race on Saturday. Doesn't have to be all hyped up and everything, just a good time.

We might could draw a few more racers if we did a monthly Saturday race, heck even the South Carolina Crew might drop by from time to time.

We could run our regular format just add an additional qualifier and class.

If we had a first Saturday event it could be a regular thing so people would be able to plan accordingly if they could.

What do you guys think, basically extended club racing on a Saturday once a month. (This is not intended to replace or interfere with Thursday night racing).
Old 2011.08.01, 08:41 AM   #66
kwsmith29

Jay,

That's a great idea. Vickie and I have spoke of that several times. Jim even likes the idea. Any time there's a race and a full parking lot it seems to draw a crowd. I'll make some calls today and give some input back tonight.

Maybe something like the third Saturday of each month...

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.01, 08:45 AM   #67
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

count me in. it would be great to come up at least every other month maybe every month and run with you guys
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2011.08.01, 08:50 AM   #68
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Any Saturday is fine by me, I just feel strongly that it needs to be the same Saturday every month for it to succeed.

That way there is no question as to when it is.

We have another influx of people coming into the hobby and some who are getting bored of just a couple hours a week of racing.

I know there is not really much of a spin you can put on this thing, but more is always better!

I am itching to race for a whole afternoon or evening with out having drive home an hour, just to go to sleep and wake up early to go to work.
Old 2011.08.01, 02:56 PM   #69
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
I guess no one gives a crap about running a race on Saturday. Doesn't have to be all hyped up and everything, just a good time.

We might could draw a few more racers if we did a monthly Saturday race, heck even the South Carolina Crew might drop by from time to time.

We could run our regular format just add an additional qualifier and class.

If we had a first Saturday event it could be a regular thing so people would be able to plan accordingly if they could.

What do you guys think, basically extended club racing on a Saturday once a month. (This is not intended to replace or interfere with Thursday night racing).
jay

that is a great idea im in

albert
miamimcnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.01, 03:51 PM   #70
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Good to hear a few folks are in! Let's see what we can get going!
Old 2011.08.03, 09:13 AM   #71
pick
Village Idiot

I think it's a great idea Jay ! Not only would it probably increase our #'s, but it'd give our SC buddies a racing option every month . I work a lot of Saturdays, but Kyler and I would be there when my schedule permits.
Old 2011.08.03, 10:08 AM   #72
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I would try my best to make it every month. I would at least be down for whenever Chad makes the trek....if he is game for the all-dayer Racing has been slack here, so Ive just been cutting laps alone for quite some time...but with very little frequency. Chad and I had a race the other night, and Ive got one new guy highly interested. We just can;t get people (myself included) off the beach long enough to run a real race day.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.08.03, 11:12 AM   #73
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Hey Landon,

Marwan and I are thinking about buying a 4 passenger plane so we can travel to more out of town events, maybe you guys would like to go in on it with us? Heck we could all fly to California together for the nationals or even the worlds. Well maybe not the worlds. That maybe a little too far in a 4 passenger plane. Maybe we should consider a little bit roomier jet. I am sure if we could get a few more investors this wouldn't be that big a deal. I am pretty sure Don has made plenty of transcontinental flights. We could probably talk him in to going in with us, so maybe the worlds would be realistic.

Maybe you and Chad should consider buying a plane of your own, then we could have plane races. That might really be fun!
Old 2011.08.03, 11:50 AM   #74
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i dont think i could fit in the plane i can afford. but a good idea none the less
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2011.08.03, 02:01 PM   #75
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I was thinking more like an old vw tour bus we could all ride in. I may be able to afford a share of that.....on an 8- way split.

LET's Go Racing!