Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.04.23, 10:10 AM   #1
lnc0321

I need a couple of suggestions

Hey guys, yesterday I ran my ma-010 on my lhs rcp track and I had two problems. Here is my setup I have bearings, 3-deg rear knucles and 1- deg front knuckes, pn low yellow springs in the front and stock in the back, 25 deg tires
in the back and stock inthe front.
My first problem was rolling over. I rolls over less now that I put the knuckels and lower springs in the front but I have to be really carefull on some corners b/c it will roll over.
My second problem was the motor pinion came off twice.
Any suggestions on how can I fixed this two things?
Thank you in advance.
lnc0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.23, 01:39 PM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21472

Check there for your pinion problems...this one too

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20689

I think the roll issue has been discussed a couple of times. try searching for "AWD roll" or something like that.

Oh, and which body are you running?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.23, 01:49 PM   #3
lnc0321

im runnin with the skyline
Old 2006.04.23, 04:14 PM   #4
celticclown

the pinion problem is fairly common. try a little locktite (blue) to hold the pinion on. as for the rolling problem, try a wider body and softer front tires and harder rear tires. I personally am running a 575 gtc body with 10degree fronts and 30 rears. also use soft front springs and harder rear springs.

I setup my friends awd skyline for him and he only can roll when taking a full speed turn. his current setup is as follows. green pn fronts with a spacer below the knuckle to take up suspension slack. yellow rear springs with spacer on top of the spring to remove slack. he also has 20degree radial fronts with stock rear tires. otherwise everything else is stock.
celticclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.23, 04:47 PM   #5
Ronin
The Damaged One

wouldn't a wider wheelbase make rollovers less consistent? I have a 360 gtc I may put on, maybe it'll make a difference...
Old 2006.04.23, 04:55 PM   #6
lnc0321

Celticclown the spacer that u are talking about is the one that comes with the kit, correct. Also there are two kind of spacers, one with the bigger hole and with a smaller hole.
Old 2006.04.23, 04:55 PM   #7
lnc0321

Maybe show me a pic of the spacers.
Old 2006.04.23, 05:34 PM   #8
celticclown

i unfortunatly have no way of taking pics. no digi. the springs i used on my friends car are the black spring spacers that came with the car. there are four of them on a tree and look like little o-rings. we are using these until we can get some spacers from either atomic or pn racing. i personally use the pn spacers an love them. just get a bag or two. easy to loose takes about 4 a spring to take out the slack and them you can fine tune spring adjustments and individual corner ride heights to adjust for torque steer, oval tracks, ect.

a wider wheelbase is going to make it harder for the car to roll since it has a wider stance and distributes the weight more evenly over that width. with a lowered car the cg is low enough to greatly reduce rollover. that and a looser rearend the car will react more like a mr-02 but still retain the benefits of the awd.

so a wider body, spring rate adustments/lowering springs, and the correct tire combo rollover is almost non-existant. I probably should add that this is data from a rcp track high grip side.
celticclown is offline   Reply With Quote