Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.01.06, 09:20 AM   #1
hrdrvr
MBMZR

MZRC series Race 1

This is the firs month of our new series with the guys from Mini-Z Dynasty (Malaysia) and Atomic Collective (Singapore). There is a single lap time challenge where you can run stock or mod, and the series race which will be 80t only for this first run. Also, the single lap stock times will be done with an 80t motor as well.

I have a couple of 80ts for you guys that don't have them yet Daddy Rabbit ran one, and it is slow I'm hoping it closes the gap on our group even more

For next month, our top three will keep the 80t motors, but any one out of the top three has the option to go back to a 70t motor for the series race. An 80t will still be necessary for the stock single lap challenge. If you guys have any questions please let me know them soon, so I can address them before we run our official race.

The official race night for this event will be January 21st. We can use the 28th as a make-up day if any one misses the official event, or needs a shot at a better run. I will submit the times at the end of the month, then we will see how we stack up against the other two groups.

The layout is down, and ready for some SLTC (single lap time challenge) results, and practice for the event. Oh yeah, the mains for this series will be 12 minutes long, so prep your batteries!

Rules link for the SLTC

Results for last months SLTC

If I remember correctly, we were right in the middle of this pack with our 70t motors on that layout

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2011.01.06 at 09:23 AM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.06, 09:26 AM   #2
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Nice layout LT!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.06, 09:46 AM   #3
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
This is the firs month of our new series with the guys from Mini-Z Dynasty (Malaysia) and Atomic Collective (Singapore). There is a single lap time challenge where you can run stock or mod, and the series race which will be 80t only for this first run. Also, the single lap stock times will be done with an 80t motor as well.

I have a couple of 80ts for you guys that don't have them yet Daddy Rabbit ran one, and it is slow I'm hoping it closes the gap on our group even more

For next month, our top three will keep the 80t motors, but any one out of the top three has the option to go back to a 70t motor for the series race. An 80t will still be necessary for the stock single lap challenge. If you guys have any questions please let me know them soon, so I can address them before we run our official race.

The official race night for this event will be January 21st. We can use the 28th as a make-up day if any one misses the official event, or needs a shot at a better run. I will submit the times at the end of the month, then we will see how we stack up against the other two groups.

The layout is down, and ready for some SLTC (single lap time challenge) results, and practice for the event. Oh yeah, the mains for this series will be 12 minutes long, so prep your batteries!

Rules link for the SLTC

Results for last months SLTC

If I remember correctly, we were right in the middle of this pack with our 70t motors on that layout
wo wo wo wo wo......wth.....3 tile straightaway?????????

nice layout!

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.06, 10:00 AM   #4
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Marwan, I like the layout too, but can't take credit for it. It is designed by one of the guys form either ACT or MZD. It does look like some of mine form the past (with the exception of the straight), and I think it will net some exciting close races

Grant, I know, I know I can't believe we are doing this, but it should be fun. This little series should be really fun for our group, since we are small and don't have easy access to other groups. The layout was preset, so we have to conform to it. Who knows, this may the dawn of a new era for MBMZR Either way, I knew you would be one of the first to comment on the expansion kit

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.06, 05:37 PM   #5
kromie101

wider is better. that means i can run the grant33turn. plenty of space for speed .
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.07, 06:41 AM   #6
yscheong

Hello. I am Jeff from Mini Z Dynasty Malaysia. Looking forward for the MZRC.
yscheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.07, 07:03 AM   #7
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Eric, the Atomic USA is to slow You are gonna ike this layout! I am gonna need more motor!

Hi Jeff, We willl have a goood practice session tonight, so we should have some results for the blog soon!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.07, 06:22 PM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

80t racing was fun. The 12 minute main was fun!

Eric, your 80t is like my 70ts. You were cutting some tight laps too. I need more steering and another gear. That should.net me another lap. I had two laps or more worth of mistakes, but you kind of did too. Hopefully I can keep up!

Chad you looked good for a while too. It was all I could do to match pace with you at the begining. I've got an 02 without tower bars you can get. I would have liked to have seen yours go the distance

Ill try and get the blog updated as soon as possible tomorrow, and post a link.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.07, 09:43 PM   #9
kromie101

if you girls could have stayed for one more run you could have went faster. all joking aside it was fun,more than what i thought it would be.everybody will go faster for sure next time we run.

i thought everybody looked quick. it's all about the right line . L,did you run your new batts? i never really got to run with chad but i know he was quick.even griff was quick if he could just smooth it out.

andy,did you get new batts also? if not,it might be time.

the 350 felt really good fow sure. i gotta figure out why my car does that little glitch. while i was driving my mosler it did that hook also.it's like the car goes into reverse.

the mosler is sick fast 6.433,holla what what.it's only gonna go faster.

LT,just let it all hang out ,put in that chillie and hang on.

come on chad put in a rocket and lets hotlap
Old 2011.01.07, 10:34 PM   #10
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

my car was great for one i have not ran in over a year and a half. i just needed to clean it good before i put it on the track. when i got home i pulled it completely apart and cleaned the steering teeth, as i new this was the problem. while i was at it i installed a 03 board. so it will be good to go next week. i may also go ahead and put a better race body on just to make the car a little better.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.08, 09:06 AM   #11
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Looks like Eric is pretty competetive and the rest of us need some work

I didnt get times form any one but him and I from practice, so all the other times were taken form the one race we did. If you guys want to get your times posted, please write your best on the board by the PC, in the format I have up there.

Chad, you and I need more motor, and we need to run some laps with DR in the afternoons...if he is game

Oh, almost forgot, here is the link for the results. You have to go to the bottom of the page and clik on January to see the current ones.

http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/race-results-test.html

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.08, 09:07 AM   #12
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Oh yeah, my pan car lap would have put me forth right after Eric, so maybe a tad more motor, a tad more steering and a legal body will get me close to the top I guess we need to throw these 70ts out and run some real mod power!!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.08, 03:36 PM   #13
kromie101

man up and put a real motor in. i do wanna try just a little less motor,not much. the first time i came down the straight into the first turn,i whipped it side ways and i think i tractioned rolled over to my pit space. i wonder what the little mac would be like with that power?
Old 2011.01.08, 08:59 PM   #14
kromie101

i got thinking,take away the freakin dots and our hot laps would be faster.i'm really pumped now.
Old 2011.01.09, 07:17 AM   #15
hrdrvr
MBMZR

If we had more tracion we could go faster too, but we don't have much control over that

LET's Go Racing!