Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.10.31, 02:05 PM   #16
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Got my compressor on the weekend so the Badger airbrush will be up and running soon (today I hope). Some fittings need to be purchased (off to the Home Depot) and some bottle sizes for my airbrush....

Hopefully I get good at this and it doesn't become a huge wasted effort.

You think the wife is going get upset when I ask to use the downstairs shower stall as my indoor paint room?

my custom body album (now that Photobucket sucks!)
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.02, 04:42 PM   #17
xmodcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
You think the wife is going get upset when I ask to use the downstairs shower stall as my indoor paint room?
Ummmm, yes. Yes, I think she will.
Isn't your garage heated? A big cardboard box in there somewhere would be perfect.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.02, 07:41 PM   #18
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'm thinking about my lexan bodies as well so i might want a space heated and ventilated.

Got a good idea on how to do up the shower stall so it might come together tomorrow.

I'll post some pics.

Old 2012.11.12, 08:18 PM   #19
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Repsol Lexus, Audi and Mosler done and curing before clearcoat

The mosler didnt turn out well since i had to strip, restart and I still wound up with paint bleed. I'm happiest with the Audi....

See them all on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Old 2012.11.12, 10:28 PM   #20
Felix2010

Cool thread cowboysir... If we were going by these two traits alone:

"1. I am a natural born tinkerer...even if the model/chassis works fine I'm always one to try something different";

"2. I am an epic procrastinator! I've had some great ideas in my head for years....sooner or later I'll try them out";

---> I would def be your long-lost brother from another mother, lol

And you said, "Got a good idea on how to do up the shower stall so it might come together tomorrow.

I'll post some pics."

That's sweet man! I'd like to see this shower setup for paint work. I think it's a good idea, Please post pics if you can... I've got a single-stall shower I'ma be replacing soon (bathroom remodel coming up next year maybe), So it won't be too bad if I get the shower a little dirty

Custom painting is fun, ain't it?
Old 2012.11.13, 03:23 PM   #21
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'd have to say the painting I've been doing has been really satisfying...gives my artistic side liscence to excel.

Now that I've gotten paid I can justify my "paint booth" construct. Over the next couple weeks ill get it together and then ill be free to exercise my lexan painting muscles.

Just signed up at cfxpaintworks.com to learn the basics of layering. Lots of the guys there are members at RCTech and they have mad skill.

Old 2012.11.13, 06:05 PM   #22
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Looking good cowboy!

I can't wait to see them on Sunday!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.14, 09:43 PM   #23
DaveW

I'm impressed!

Looking forward to seeing them!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.21, 02:14 AM   #24
herman

any updates to the cars?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.21, 12:24 PM   #25
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I guess you missed the part about me being a procrastinator....

I seem to have misplaced my sheet of Repsol decals. Once I figure out where they are I'd get some progress.

Old 2012.12.04, 06:16 PM   #26
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Well it seems my Repsol sheet has disappeared. Kind of puts a damper on my progress for my "Team Repsol" bodies.

Onto other projects:

1.I have a cool idea for a MR-FWD...just have to wrap my head around a few details after the 9th December GTG.

2. If my FWD concept works I may have a cool way to make a neat 1/24 RWD model conversion.

3. I will be building an F1 for RFick in the near future.

4. Working on ordering some top secret stuff from Australia to achieve a long standing goal of mine in Mini-Z'ing.

5. Just finished fabricating my own CFRP and going to start practicing chassis creation with my Dremel Drill Press attachment.

Lots of stuff to keep me out of trouble this winter.

Old 2013.01.28, 01:02 PM   #27
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

amusing little update:

For a couple years now i've been searching off and on (mostly off0 for a way to convert my unused Losi micro BL system (8750kv) from the silly 1.5mm shaft to a 2.0mm shaft to be able to make Mini-z pinions fit.

Anyhow, I bought myself an HPI RS32 (fun little car btw) and went searching for fun 32nd scale bodies to mount on it.

lo and Behold i found a canadian slot car website and decided on a couple sets of tires and a body (Nissan R390) and while flipping through the rest of the pages....

I found the stainless steel tubing I've always neeeded to make a 1.5mm shaft 2.0mm!

Please add my own BL mini-z project to the list...

Old 2013.01.28, 01:49 PM   #28
gctkaz

That's cool and I kind of thought about it also, but I thought an easier solution would be to just find some other brushless motor with a 2mm shaft. They will probably also come in a lower kV too, since IMO the Losi brushless system is ridiculously fast. Last meet I brought my brushless uSCT with Atomic micro-T A.W. tires and I couldn't control it.

Think this motor would fit on the mini-Z?
EMP BS2030 4300KV

edit: eBay link is filtered. Go on eBay and search for 2mm brushless motor, this one comes up.

Last edited by gctkaz; 2013.01.28 at 03:41 PM. Reason: ebay link filtered
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.28, 02:24 PM   #29
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

link doesnt work for me...

You did have it at 7.4 volt which was part of the controllability issue.

I see myself doing a 1/32 pan car at 3.7volt and a couple different mini-z projects at 4.8 volts...it'll still be a pretty high rpm rate for this scale but I'll dial it a bit at the TX.

I do have a nice 1/28th scale BL I plan to use in my SCT with a Mamba esc...its about the size of a 130 motor but rounder and heavier...it wouldnt work for my smaller projects

Last edited by cowboysir; 2013.01.28 at 02:28 PM.
Old 2013.01.28, 03:25 PM   #30
TheSteve
VE7FM

My mamba25 fits nicely in my mrcg, I've never fired it up with a brushless motor though.
A nice lipo/brushless setup would be fun - finding a good car controller that runs on a single LiPo cell could be a challenge.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote