Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.03.01, 09:12 AM   #31
kwsmith29

Two races at one time would be coll, but where would everyone pit..

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.01, 02:32 PM   #32
nitrojunkie

We're going to be there as soon as homework is done.
nitrojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.01, 09:05 PM   #33
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

First come first serve, I reckon. There is quite a bit of room in the back if we had more tables. 3 people can fit at a six foot table if you try. Some could actually pit in front of the store although I wouldn't want to. There is plenty of room around the carpet track, if you watch the line these guys are driving most of the track is wasted space.

With some planning and cooperation it can happen look how many people we have had at Highspeed.
Old 2011.03.02, 05:53 AM   #34
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
3 people can fit at a six foot table if you try.
I love ya Jay, but there's no way YOU could ever share a six foot table with two other racers (unless they were Kyler and Lincoln). You might be a little guy, but you sure do have a lot of junk . Crap, on any given race night you may and have left with two or three more cars than you came with !

Last edited by pick; 2011.03.02 at 05:57 AM.
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.02, 05:58 AM   #35
Traveler
of both Time and Space

4ft for Jay, and 1ft for each of the other two guys
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.02, 08:12 AM   #36
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Still 3 people none the less. On a serious note though if you designate 2ft per person with a piece of tape or something that will have to work.

I definately agree I have enough stuff for and could pit at a six foot table. But for the good of the group and to lead by example I can work within the confines of 2ft.

I don't know if anyone has checked out the Dnano thread at Maj's but the have a pretty good thing going there.

I know most Highspeed guys wouldn't be interested but they did have a strong group of Dnano racers at HT last year.

Maybe at the next Saturday event we could work in a Dnano class and maybe draw in some of those racers. Even if they didn't make the transition it would be additional revenue for the track.

Who knows it might be a good opportunity for growth as most Dnano guys already have a 2.4 radio that would work with Z's.

Doing this would require using the Kyosho lap counting system to count the Dnano's. I think I heard there where some issues with the system. Where these problems an issue with the RF tags on the Dnano's or was the problem encountered trying to use generic RF tags for Mini-z's.

I wonder if any one knows how to get intouch with the J Ellis guy he seemed to be the Go to Dnano guy. I wonder if he would be interested in trying to ressurect the Dnano scene at HT.
Old 2011.03.02, 08:42 AM   #37
nitrojunkie

I will see if Joe is interested.He has been busy with work for a while now but I will check with him and see.I ran mine on the track last night.It would be cool to see 10 dNanos on the track racing.Rumor has it the Ilaps guy is working on a transponder for them.The miniZ harnessed transponders are at the shop now.Brent told me last night that Mark has them.We did run some laps last night getting a little better.The true test will be in traffic on Saturday.
Old 2011.03.02, 09:03 AM   #38
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Anybody have a starting time for Saturday?
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.02, 10:12 AM   #39
nitrojunkie

Last Saturday we started at 1:00pm.
Old 2011.03.02, 10:13 AM   #40
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

We started about 1:30 last week.
Old 2011.03.02, 10:31 AM   #41
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Waitin' for Jay!
Old 2011.03.02, 01:22 PM   #42
Faded92mx5

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump on and thank everyone for a good turnout saturday and being so open to newbies and curious shoppers. It was surely a great success. And special thanks to Pedro for picking up my slack... Brent has me getting pulled in several directions at once.

Also would like to confirm what Nitro said: we do now have the Mini-Z specific transponders in stock for $37 and if you need the MR-03 or -02 connector, it's $3.
Faded92mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.02, 02:37 PM   #43
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Mark. I emailed you earlier but just in case, please hold one of the Z specific transponders for me. See you Saturday.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.04, 06:31 PM   #44
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Who all is going to Hobby Town tomorrow? What time is racing going to get started?

Not 100% sure I can make it but will make every possible effort. Sorry I missed every one at High Speed yesterday. Some times work takes priority over Mini-z, not often just every once in a while.
Old 2011.03.04, 06:50 PM   #45
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

We should be starting quals about 1PM. Hope you can make it, we missed you last night.